Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,064 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0033 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9718 (resized).jpeg
    matrix (resized).png
    IMG_2451 (resized).png
    IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
    nX-xq0NC_400x400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2650 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).png
    19AC6A64-764B-4176-B902-1F68AC54D7CF (resized).png
    298AD8C2-82EF-4FB2-9290-7FDF822D70AA (resized).jpeg
    70CA1EFE-2F4D-4B5A-80DB-4177E4CB5647 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vespula.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#796 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blu:

Matrix? And hopefully not just the latest one.

Depends.
    The wachowski brothers that did the first three and they are now gone.
    The wachowski "sisters" made the 4th one. crazy stuff but brilliant film makers.

The 4th Matrix installment I personally really, really liked for its fresh and clever approach staying to the theme that was so popular but with a unique perspective - if you really knew the movie, I think you get it. I think it was targeted at the die-hard fan who really knew the movie and watched it dozens of times -- and since its nostalgically reminiscent and holds many themes and elements from the first movie, a Resurrections pin could "feel" enough like the the entire franchise to make all Matrix fans excited. Die-Hard or not.

Based on the MSRP and BOM for TS4, it might be safe to assume Disney was probably a financial burden and contributed significantly to price and left little negotiable & was calling the shots, no pun intended. Jack wont lose either way on TS4. Pinside is too small a market to cause that and the haters even smaller. So much money still out there. Hopefully someday when its all said and done, I would like to hear the real Toy Story story - the challenges, warts and successes of making that pin. I think it would be interesting, could be more interesting than the game itself. I budgeted $50 towards playing it on location just to have a more well rounded opinion. I think I get the game objectives pretty much with little effort since it seems so familar to GnR.

If licensing cost of a Matrix pin is reasonable, and they go for assets and innovation (again, my opinion like everything in this post) like Eric & Slash did with GnR and if the BOM properly reflects the price, then I think it could be great. Having the wachowski bros involved would be what could take it into the stratosphere... Do they like pinball?

Wachowski involvment (similar to Slash on GnR) could really add new perspectives and ideas thinking deep and thinking outside the box when it comes to design, and the JJP can try to mold it into a reality under glass. That would be awesome. Take your profits from TS4 and push them into The Matrix to blow up into a GnR jackpot again. Be rewarded with a killer title like they were with GnR. Follow THAT formula. Make The Matrix so good that I want to sell my GnR. I dare ya.

5 months later
    #857 1 year ago

They did hit the home run with GNR. The rules aren't exclusive...
    I'm that guy that's outside the hobby. The code made it playable for me instantly as well as I continue to grow into it as I learn both the game, strategy, and practice pinball shots.
    My first and only pin and my discovery of pinside while waiting 11 months for it to ship. Had it one year now, still love it and got a lotta runway left.
    I'm sure JJP will keep rocking titles but there's a perfect storm with GNR that will be imitated but never replicated.

1 month later
    #873 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtp78:

Guess it all depends on pricing. If the next game repeats TS pricing I know I am out no matter how great the game is.

Why would pricing go down?

#875 1 year ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

Because market is going down and the profits are huge in this business ? Don't think these companies don't have decisions to be made in the next few releases because times will be changing

I'll believe it when I see it.

#877 1 year ago

What is their best seller? Seems like GNR to me but that's when I entered the hobby so I don't know the history of JJP.

#886 1 year ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

my least favorite jjp

A very polarizing title indeed!

2 weeks later
    #915 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Godfather is a terrible theme. If it's JJPs next game, it will be their last. The game will sink faster than a gangster wearing concrete shoes.

I bet you said that about TS4 too

3 weeks later
    #926 1 year ago

Imagine if godfather is code name for Harry Potter.

1 week later
    #951 1 year ago

I think JJP will have the last laugh.

#953 1 year ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

What could be next

What everyone has been waiting for, of course... Elton John!

1 week later
    #962 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Someone wrote up a great pin idea fighting gangs along the way, trying to get back to Coney Island. The callouts, pics, scenes I just can’t think of a better theme for pinball.

That someone who wrote that was me ....
    In the next stern thread here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/698#post-7330096

Warriors comes up in regular rotation on the next stern thread. Great movie classic! Great theme indeed

#964 1 year ago
    Screenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).png
    6 months later
    #975 6 months ago

Elton John or Prince?

#983 6 months ago

And talk about cost cutting... now their selling pins with no balls.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vespula.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-jjp-announce-next-game?tu=vespula and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.