Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,064 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0033 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9718 (resized).jpeg
    matrix (resized).png
    IMG_2451 (resized).png
    IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
    nX-xq0NC_400x400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2650 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).png
    19AC6A64-764B-4176-B902-1F68AC54D7CF (resized).png
    298AD8C2-82EF-4FB2-9290-7FDF822D70AA (resized).jpeg
    70CA1EFE-2F4D-4B5A-80DB-4177E4CB5647 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reznnate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

In stuff on the PF and maybe "build quality" but not in fun factor. Stern is making the best pinball machines still and will continue to make them. I played POTC and its nothing special. But for a lot of u guys if it isn't loaded with crap then it immediately sucks. BK3 is a example. Great game.

Comparing BK3 LE and POTC LE is crazy. C'mon...they both cost $9500, but one of them shouldn't have...
    With other fun games coming from AP, Spooky and JJP, I find it hard to justify Stern's pricing.

1 week later
    #189 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

I liked the Dialed In reveal the best. They didn't show any half game or look for any public opinion before it was built. They just came out and clubbed you over the head with an awesome game. I am always looking forward to what they build.

Since our community can't deal with prototypes (triple-disc stupid-loud likely-to-fail mech removal), this is likely how it's going to be...
    But considering the improvements they made to Hobbit from user feedback, I DO wish they'd show games early while there is still time to tweak stuff.
    Imagine how much better Dialed In would've sold if they'd changed the name to "Chaos in Quantum City" and downplayed the phone stuff.
    It cost them and it's a shame.

1 week later
    #220 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

MESSAGE TO JJP:
    It's time to get into the marketing/pr game here... RIGHT NOW IS THE BLACK GAP for you!

I'd like to see JJP announce their next game Nintendo-style. They make carefully worded and created videos and then announce they'll be shown at XYZ time/day. Live announcements have not gone well. I don't think they work well nowadays unless you've got an easy-to-demo product.

#290 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Whatever dude
    JJP standard>Stern pro
    JJP LE=Stern LE & premium
    JJP CE >>>>>>>>>Kapow

Yeah, unfortunately the naming schemes between vendors aren't really comparable...
    I think people would relax if JJP simply changed their LE name, or just called it the Luxurious edition or Luscious edition.

3 months later
    #496 3 years ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

I thought it was kind of cool that JJP was involving us in the development process with DI and Pirates, but a lot of folks in Pinside saw that differently.

I thought it was INCREDIBLE that JJP adjusted the playfield art on Hobbit after showing early versions and receiving 'feedback' on it. But many on pinside can't handle the idea of prototypes and change without completely freaking out.

change (resized).jpgchange (resized).jpg
    #499 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Its not like Stern, JJP knows they need pinside support. Very few none enthusiast are paying that kind of money for a pinball machine but a Stern pro? Ok.

Lots of pinsiders won't buy NIB and JJP doesn't sell stripped pro models.

From my perspective, it seems like Stern premium and LE pricing is very similar to JJP std/LE pricing.
    And while I've got all 5 JJP games (fanboy!), I struggle to justify Stern value/pricing and haven't been able to pull the trigger on one.

#514 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

If the innovation is wireless updates it would be a huge letdown. I’m expecting more.

Would love to know why I should save my money. A code update announcement won't do that.

#586 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Yeah don't rely on Stern to innovate. Nothing on tmnt is innovative

Yeah, it's got a spinning disc, choice of multiple characters, layout that resembles a particular JJP game, upper left flipper, "Van" ball-lock, a button bashing pizza eating... I don't need to buy Turtles, I've basically already got a better version of that game.

2 years later
    #860 1 year ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

With Stern games being 70% huo , I'm sure it is lot more for JJP Games . Why give us titles no one has ever asked for , like Godfather , Elton John , Avatar .
    There have been so many suggested great original themes that are perfect for pinball , like
    Back to the Future
    Big trouble in little China
    Goonies
    The Blues Brothers
    Predator
    Beastie Boys
    Run DMC
    Give the people what they want .

Not a fan of that list. And if anyone bothers to license those, I hope Stern makes them so I won't feel the need to buy it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reznnate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-jjp-announce-next-game?tu=reznnate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.