Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,064 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0033 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9718 (resized).jpeg
    matrix (resized).png
    IMG_2451 (resized).png
    IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
    nX-xq0NC_400x400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2650 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).png
    19AC6A64-764B-4176-B902-1F68AC54D7CF (resized).png
    298AD8C2-82EF-4FB2-9290-7FDF822D70AA (resized).jpeg
    70CA1EFE-2F4D-4B5A-80DB-4177E4CB5647 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 4 years ago

I think music and pinball just work....If they build a kick ass GNR pin my bet it would sell really well. If you combine their typical quality, and their commitment to killer code than GNR could be off the charts. Just look how well Metallica, and ACDC sold....Both are incredible games (Met being the better choice)

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

If any other company got Harry Potter I would be seriously disappointed, and same with toy story. Can't wait for toy story. Jjp has a certain style about them that matches these themes well. I'm curious to see what they do with GNR, a game that doesn't quite match their wheel house.
    As far as reveal time and two games a year, I'd rather they take time and release only when ready. I bet the playfield issues slowed Wonka production some, and if Wonka really sold great, that backs things up as well. I don't think anyone should be irritated if we don't get GNR this year yet.

I agree it doesn't really match JJP's type of game. Historically they have been very "family friendly" games. Toy Story and HP would be right in their wheel house. Both would probably be really big sellers.

#33 4 years ago

Whatever they make I'll be waiting for a nice HUO one I'll never buy another NIB game from JJP or Stern....waayyyyyy too much risk, and their customer support has gone down hill the last few years.

1 month later
    #135 4 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Interestingly here Wonka is £300 cheaper than DI but not much in it between POTC.
    JJP needs to focus on quality. There is a myth that they build high quality games; the reality is hugely different. I like DI and Pirates, Wonka was a bit of a let down for me but GNR is definitely a game I could be interested in.

I don't think its a myth...especially compared to the crap Stern puts out these days...they had some play field issues, but by and large they build a quality product.

#136 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

They'd sell like 7 pins.

maybe just 1

3 weeks later
    #184 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I was hoping an earlier reveal of GnR and than announce a Black Pearl version of POTC for $9500

Me too, but if JJP announces a Black Pearl POTC it won't be $9500

#188 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Probably $10,000

I'd say more like $12.5k + probably in line with WOZ YBR

1 month later
    #372 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

If Stern was making Guns N Roses would everyone change their minds about getting this title? Stern has only done 10 music pins. Jesus Christ!

If Stern was making this title there would be ZERO chance I would purchase.....JJP at least has a shot at making an incredible pin....I'm hopeful since it was the same designer as POTC, which is clearly the best game to hit the pinball market in years

3 weeks later
    #431 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I'd like to see this done. But paid in full, upfront.
    Then we'd really see how much people want this game....

Totally agree, but doubt it will ever happen....

2 months later
    #480 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Man, TMNT. I just am not looking forward to that one.

Terrible....I guess some people love TMNT ?

#501 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

They involved pinside when they saw people were hating on it. Its not like Stern, JJP knows they need pinside support. Very few none enthusiast are paying that kind of money for a pinball machine but a Stern pro? Ok. I just wish the themes were better. I mean I just watched the Wrath Of Khan for the who knows how many times now and its a pin just waiting to be made. The screen taunting back and forth with Kirk and Khan, seems custom designed for a LCD on a pin. great Story, music etc. What do I get. GnR, TMNT, Stranger Things. Hot Wheels. Its sad. JJP StarTrek The Wrath of Khan, sounds good to me and I can finally buy a pin from Jack.

I do agree that theme matters, but JJP games are in a different league that most Sterns....everyone has their own opinions on theming...personally my grail game is IJ due to the theme and game play .... GNR could be awesome if its in the same league as POTC ....be nice to have a high quality music pin

#504 3 years ago

At least they put something out....wish it had a little more information....

#509 3 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

Now that's a very informational teaser.... No clue, no set date of announcement, I'm still hungry !

My guess is their innovation comes in the form of wireless updates .... I mean what else is so innovative? I will say this feature is really nice to have as upgrading some of these games can be a pain...really better for both parties

#519 3 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

I would hope that they mean game play innovation, not something related to pinball maintenance. And it might be a salespoint for operators, but what end users see is a playfield, some toys and some animations.
    I am slightly worried since Wonka though, I thought it was a less ambitious / cost no object game than their previous pins.

My guess is they will continue down the Wonka path....I think the days of loaded games like POTC are over for JJP ....

#524 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

the ui can be the best one but punching in an complex password without an keyboard and just arrow keys + enter is a pain

Is it really that much of a pain? maybe takes 2 minutes ... seems more a pain to connect a key board

#539 3 years ago

JJP's sales/marketing team needs a lot of help..... even much smaller companies like Spooky do a much better job....we're all seeing before our eyes why they are in financial trouble....they should have released the game, and taken pre orders....its not like its a big secret what game it is. People are fine waiting 3-6 months for a game if they have to

#541 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Are people really fine waiting that long?Optimally wait time of 2 to 4 weeks,and they will still get slammed here for not being quicker.I like that their innovative but they should show now!I’m kind of hoping there is some kind of interactive visual tricks up their sleeve

Everyone who ordered MMR LE's waited 2 years so yea if u want a game you'll wait as u don't have a bunch of cash out there....the point is they could be taking pre orders on the game....how long are people waiting for the Rick and Morty game?....some I suspect will wait months...this old school thinking of lets unveil a game at an expo is stupid....JJP needs to get with the times.

1 week later
    #618 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I can see it coming back over the horizon?

I highly doubt JJP is making POTC in the near future or ever for that matter....if by some miracle they do it will more than their YBR edition.

#620 3 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

Yep they'll do a POTC without the boat !

Ha....maybe without the boat, and a few ramps since it doesn't appear they stock those parts anymore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-jjp-announce-next-game?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.