Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,051 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by danarchy
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9718 (resized).jpeg
    matrix (resized).png
    IMG_2451 (resized).png
    IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
    nX-xq0NC_400x400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2650 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).png
    19AC6A64-764B-4176-B902-1F68AC54D7CF (resized).png
    298AD8C2-82EF-4FB2-9290-7FDF822D70AA (resized).jpeg
    70CA1EFE-2F4D-4B5A-80DB-4177E4CB5647 (resized).jpeg
    733F9956-AE63-49D4-BB84-BF0EE69D2285 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 4 years ago

I don't see a new Guns and Rose's pin being a big hit, not at $7500 - $12.5k. I still find it odd that JJP would choose that theme. Toy Story has huge potential. A Back to the Future trilogy pin by JJP could also be a huge hit as the theme has mass appeal.

2 months later
    #84 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Next year JJP will release two games (GnR and Toy Story) the big ? Is what’s after that?

Hopefully Back to the Future trilogy pinball! I can dream.

2 weeks later
    #108 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Why would Eric not go widebodywithGnR?

Starting with Wonka it seems that JJP is going in a direction of putting less in games features wise to bring down the cost and make the standard model more attractive to operators. I don't think a wide body fits their new business model but we will see.

1 month later
    #307 4 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Exactly what I’ve been thinking. Everyone keeps saying Wonka is the new expectation, and that no more wide body games due to cost. Seriously people it was one game stripped down by jjp standards. The last game was a super packed widebody. I see no “trend”.

If JJP wants to sell their games in higher volume and actually make a profit they probably need to make more games like Wonka rather then Pirates.

#333 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Not a fan of the idea as a consumer, but would probably make sense from a financial/business point of view. Latest I heard was that JJP has some deep pocket financiers that have bailed him out that think the idea of owning a pinball company is "cool" and their business is not really profitable. Putting the magic under one roof at Stern would probably help their bottom dollar and build economies of scale up.
    It would be good for Stern and JJP, help smaller manufacturers everywhere, and ultimately hurt me as the consumer.

No way JJP and Stern are merging or Stern is buying JJP. I don't see that happening. Maybe the rumor is JJP just moving their production facilities to Chicago?

Also, another possibility is that JJP games get built at a CGC facility? That seems more likely to me.

1 week later
    #352 4 years ago
    Quoted from riggy469:

Have you played Iron Maiden??? GNR have a ton of classic songs that translate well into pinball, as seen by the DE version. I’d be shocked if JJP don’t surpass that one by miles.

Agree. I can't stand a majority of Iron Maiden's music but the pin is fun. I've heard that same point of view from other people in the hobby. Like you said I think GNR has more classic and more popular songs compared to Iron Maiden that will translate well to pinball. I actually enjoy some of Guns and Roses music so there's at least that when considering a purchase.

Game design, rules, features, and quality will make or break this pin for JJP. I don't seem them missing. I'll guess that we will see a continuation of what Wonka started with a slightly scaled back game in terms of features but the same code and build quality that JJP is known for.

#387 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I would have canceled my order after they removed the 3 spinning discs. To this day, you look at the LCD and see the 2 spinning discs in the graphics which is lame AF. POTC didn't become great until everything else Stern was turning out fell way short and it became unavailable as mentioned. So POTC is good, but seriously a pin you get bored of regardless how many modes it has. I've seen it in an arcade with people playing other pins instead.
    So hopefully they figure that out and go beyond for GNR. If they make a typical JJP pin and slap an LCD with GNR videos on it, that's DOA for me. They are really gonna have a tight rope to walk. But rather JJP than Stern any day. Time will tell

Bitter much about Pirates? Lol. The game is incredible, one of the best of all time! I listed mine for sale few days ago and then pulled the ad as it is so much fun to play. There will never be another game like it

Also, the original 3 disk mech was cool in concept but never worked well. For one it was too loud, it didn't grab the ball well if at all, and you couldn't read the rewards. On the the prototype I played the triple disk mech sounded like a jet engine and the opening chest mech was broken. The high quality animations that JP came up with for the map awards are really good and still took a lot of effort to pull off / implement. There's still a ton of stuff in Pirates, probably more then 99% of games.

2 weeks later
    #424 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

With JJP moving to Chicago it might be Stern GNR at this rate. Guess we’ll find out in a couple weeks

Jack already said that JJP isn't combining with anyone. Thank goodness!

1 month later
    #464 3 years ago
    Quoted from JamCat:

Jack also eluded that he was happy to have a larger factory, making it possible to rerun previous games that there is a lot of demand for. We all know Pirates is the only game with pent up demand..... I mean they can't seem to give the last few Woz YBR's away and they've had DI in stock forever and even Hobbit. Wonka is still being produced with plenty of stock so what does that leave? Do the math......
    Now I am not a fan of that idea, because I already own POTCLE and if I wanted a fresher one, without playfield issues and other quirks, I'd have to take a bath selling the "inferior" one that no one would want anymore and also pay a premium for the new one. Makes me want to sell while the value is high and just hope and pray that a new run is coming and that I don't get burnt. It's a coin flip situation really, but most likely i'll just keep mine.

Yeah will see what happens. I've kept saying that I think JJP won't make any more Pirates but it may be a big help financially for JJP to run it again after the factory move plus having to be closed for a few months due to our current situation. However, running Pirates may steal sales away from GNR.

1 month later
    #525 3 years ago

Online player profiles with stats tracking, online tournaments, and leaderboards would be awesome to see. GoldenTee has had this for a few years and it would be great to see the concept applied to pinball.

#528 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I am testing it on all 5 JJP pins and have had to test re-entering it on all of them ... a few times. I know that it might seem like it would be daunting, but it really isn't much more effort than putting in a 11 character high score name. My password is excessively long. For normal use owners, you would set it and forget it. It remembers it after updates also. That might not always be retained, but if you back up and restore your settings all of that will be restored.
    A "full" update using ethernet took a total of less than 10 minutes to download AND install. It is looking good so far.

Nice, that's good to hear. The thought of having a network switch dedicated to only JJP pins actually sounds kinda cool haha. I'll likely get a single USB Wifi dongle and then move that around from machine to machine. That should be pretty easy to do considering the USB extension cable can be accessed close to the front of the cabinet. If online player profiles, online tournaments, etc is coming I'll get one for each pin.

1 year later
    #733 2 years ago

$11k now for Wonka LE, that probably means Toy Story LE will be $11k and the CE potentially at $14,500...

1 year later
    #846 1 year ago

New rumor is that Pirates code is coming out of beta in 2028. Next GNR code update 2032, Toy Story 2.0 update in 2036.

A Wizard of Oz 100 year anniversary edition for $30k, double sparkle playfield, monkey mech is back but no spinning house mech this time, is rumored for 2039.

1 year later
    #1021 30 days ago
    Quoted from precisionk:

Personally this has held me back from swinging for a JJP. For the price of machines, I would expect all code to be polished/modes in/finished.

Games where Joe Katz is the lead on (Wonka, Toy Story, and now Elton John) are all complete and fairly well polished.

Pirates, GNR, and Godfather are all either not complete (Pirates and Godfather are missing final wizard modes) or left unpolished (GNR owners waiting for score balancing) for years on end. Why?

#1024 30 days ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Keith is currently working on GNR score balancing ... he has stated in the beta group last week. Maybe even on Patience pun intended.

Thank goodness!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-jjp-announce-next-game?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.