Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,064 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0033 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9718 (resized).jpeg
    matrix (resized).png
    IMG_2451 (resized).png
    IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
    nX-xq0NC_400x400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2650 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).png
    19AC6A64-764B-4176-B902-1F68AC54D7CF (resized).png
    298AD8C2-82EF-4FB2-9290-7FDF822D70AA (resized).jpeg
    70CA1EFE-2F4D-4B5A-80DB-4177E4CB5647 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lounge.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#272 4 years ago
    Quoted from JamCat:

I think they need to start a dedicated micro line for the CEs and allow the designers to spare no expense in getting it right. Then only build them as they are ordered. That way they aren’t stuck with a batch of high cost CEs if they don’t sell. I personally think they would be surprised how many would pay up for the better design. And I know, lower quantities of the CE mechs would cost more, blah blah blah, but I can dream at least......

I think you hit the nail on the head.

I think the best way forward for the smaller manufactures (read, non-Stern) is one by one builds. The customer orders the game, they build and ship the game. No distributors, no waste, increased quality. Develop new games On the side, and when the new design is ready, add it to the list of current offerings.

Essentially, this is what Spooky is doing (albeit inadvertently) with their R&M offering. I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if they morph into this business model full time. It makes the most sense.

Basically, have a menu of offerings, choose your game, choose your build options, and with a down payment get the game started. Pay on completion and ship door to door a month or so later. When ‘X’ amount of games have been produced, retire the title.

You can absorb cost of the smaller quantities of mechs by cutting out the distributor and keeping the profits in house.

2 months later
    #472 4 years ago

I’d be a buyer on a rerun of POTC.

No reason for them to strip it down. All the hard engineering work is already done - models/molds created - code is complete. Take my money.

1 month later
    #478 3 years ago

Uuugh - not interested in GNR at all.

#506 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

At least they put something out....

#558 3 years ago
    Quoted from Galooch:

While describing the giveaway, Eric mentioned that you will get your high score initials AND an “up to 11” initial - definitely a mode in the game. It can be heard around the 9:00 mark of the stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/634910173?t=521s
    That is clearly a mode in the game should put to rest the GNR or Toy Story question.

Not saying I know anything more than anyone else about the next release, but “up to 11” would clearly be a Spinal Tap reference.... which would make an awesome pin.

#568 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I think you guys are reading too much into the "up to 11" characters comment. In Jersey Jack pinball machines you can set it for a 3 character inital high scores, or 11 characters.

Well, that makes sense.... forget all that other shit I said.

#590 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I can confirm all this happened, but believe me, Spinal Tap came up as we were discussing it!

Why don’t you just pencil me in for one of those Spinal Tap CEs, please.... whenever you guys get around to it - I’m patient.

#600 3 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

Saw him on both of the last tours.

2 months later
    #654 3 years ago

Lots of speculation about a GnR pin but Slash was part of several really good bands. Why wouldn’t it simply be a “Slash” pin incorporating all his music??

#656 3 years ago
    Quoted from insight75:

Interesting thought there. I wonder if that is more of a challenge because of multiple licenses across each of the different bands.

If Slash wrote and composed the song, he owns the song unless there were unusual arrangements in the contract.

http://thelearnedfangirl.com/2013/06/loud-moments-in-metal-law-historyfourhorsemenvmechanix/

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lounge.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-jjp-announce-next-game?tu=lounge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.