Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,051 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by danarchy
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9718 (resized).jpeg
    matrix (resized).png
    IMG_2451 (resized).png
    IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
    nX-xq0NC_400x400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2650 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).png
    19AC6A64-764B-4176-B902-1F68AC54D7CF (resized).png
    298AD8C2-82EF-4FB2-9290-7FDF822D70AA (resized).jpeg
    70CA1EFE-2F4D-4B5A-80DB-4177E4CB5647 (resized).jpeg
    733F9956-AE63-49D4-BB84-BF0EE69D2285 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

I don't think Jaws is a good theme ...

Lost you after ^^

Would a Jaws theme work? Hell yeah !! Even turtles know to avoid the water when sharks are around.
    59AA8332-1B89-442B-9712-16EF99CF2105.gif59AA8332-1B89-442B-9712-16EF99CF2105.gif

2 months later
    #206 4 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Thinking about GNR.....I can’t imagine how awful it would sound to have a home collection of 3-4 or 5 music themed pins all playing at the same time!

You must not have been around to read the thread about the Austrian who worked at a museum that had 100’s and 100’s of jukebox machines. He said he’d go around the building to get them all going at same time. 5 music themed pins playing at once is nothing.

2 weeks later
    #330 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

So....a certain pinball podcaster is spreading a rumor that JJP is going to be moving to Chicago under one roof....whaddya think?

You talking bout Chicago Jack?

1 month later
    #471 3 years ago

JJP games are a level above other pinballs. JJPOTC is a masterpiece and worth the extra premium to buy one. If you enjoy the pirates life you’ll love this game.

Hobbit is fantastic pinball too, in so many ways. Just finished a 5.3B point game (killed Smaug and almost won the 3rd mini-wizard mode). Battled for 40 minutes and got my work out. Others prefer Dialed-In!, Wonka or WOZ. If you don’t currently own a JJP game and are considering your next game, consider getting a HUO JJP.

It won’t directly benefit JJP but you might find it to be a fulfilling experience.

1 month later
    #584 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveB:

$6500 was the preorder price for wozec

Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Correct; $6500 was preorder price of WOZCE back in 2013(?). I got #1000 of 1000

and if you paid in full, you got free shipping. If you were able to sit back and wait patiently for three years, it really paid off. Congrats, I am in that club too.

#616 3 years ago

At this point, buyers would welcome whichever (JJPOTC or JJPGNR) was available now. Emphasis on getting something done.

6 months later
    #682 3 years ago

I’m enjoying seeing GNR in the spotlight and know it will be around for a long time. No thoughts about a next game for me. But if Toy Story is next and it comes out Summer 2021 .... that will be the end of the licenses forecasted by a disgruntled JJP employee on Pinside and RGP around 2012. For the PAST 8 YEARS we have known everything in JJP’s que. That had to have been Time/Life post of the year for 2012. Now going forward past TSPD (Toy Story Pixar-Disney so as not to confuse with The Shadow) and we don’t know Jack shit.

#683 3 years ago

Who knows what’s past Toy Story? and frankly I don’t care. Can’t wait for thousands to get their GNR. I will make a bold prediction - GNR will sell TAF type numbers of pinball machines, adjusted for 2020.

We know TAF sold around 24k units while most good titles were selling around 10-12k units, so double. Jump to 2020 and 4K units has got to be a pretty accurate indicator of a good seller. So I am sure that JJP will sell 8k GNR’s over the next 3 years. Eight thousand GNR’s - 500 CE, 5k LE & 2.5k SE. The key to JJP selling so many SE’s is pushing new buyers into the SE model IMO. But the game feels as much a classic as TAF in my mind

#686 3 years ago
    Quoted from Audioenslaved:

You forgot about the second “LE” that they’re bound to do

Yes that’s written between the lines. If JJP is on the way to 5k LE’s, another version of Xk will show up at a price hike. I actually am even more bullish on a personal level because of this, so I think the top end of sales is much higher but don’t want to sound like a fool. So 8k units - that is more sales than WOZ’s in half the time, bitches. And it would be pretty epic for pinball in the 20’s decade. JJP, make it so.
    9A779218-0867-4CFA-9546-F3C6940DAF53.jpeg9A779218-0867-4CFA-9546-F3C6940DAF53.jpeg

1 year later
    #753 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

0% chance, I think

Godfather is

0% probability

+/- .01%

100% confidence level

#754 2 years ago

Toy Story first. The rumor making the most sense after that is Steve Ritchie joining JJP to design Avatar. Avatar had been a rumored JJP license for three years and appeared stalled before it even started. I’d like to believe the pieces fell in place around the time Steve Ritchie said he’d come to JJP to do it. Pure speculation about the order of events but it is a fitting match. Should take about 18 months so look for the game around June 2023.

The key to ensuring SRitchie designs a blockbuster game comes down to what kind of mechanical engineering support he gets. If he uses JJP talent, he will do fine. If he chooses other industry vets, that should be fine too. Will one result in a great game? Hopefully.

#756 2 years ago

The rumor I’d like to start is that after the successful GNR design by Eric and Slash, the design duo parlays that into a Black Sabbath pin. Complete with 300 hours of concert footage, 30 studio tracks and 30 modes with incoherent Ozzy callouts. I am trusting JJP with my grail title and know it will be perfect

2 months later
    #767 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Old news. They referenced this at expo in Oct. Came from Pat L. At best it will be expo 2022.
    There in the same boat as stern. To many builds to catch up on.
    Meanwhile next game gets fine tuned and supplied up.

JJP has a second line now, right? I don’t know how it is going or what the intent for using it is but, How do you think JJP will roll out Toy Story? Will GNR be pulled from the main line to start TS? Will 2nd line be used to run WOZ? What goes on the second line next? More GNR or maybe the next pin (Godfather)

#769 2 years ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

Imagine how tired those folks have to be, of making GnR, at this point? I mean, sales are sales, but I bet the line folks can get that game put together in their sleep.

While they are singing November Rain

#771 2 years ago
    Quoted from tlsbryan:

New game possibly going on the line in April. They are caught up on GNR.

So …. what about the 2nd line?

3 weeks later
    #786 2 years ago

The rumor that JJP is doing another run of pirates has been put to rest. TPF is over and no pirates remake was announced. Jack said in very recent interview, there is no sense for a company to run more of a past title when they can’t make all the current and upcoming titles they want to. I hoped this puts the hopeful but misguided rumor to bed for good.

With that behind us, what is a POTC LE worth? I’d value it between $20k - $30k, depending on mods. The market price is primarily a function of low production numbers. If I was considering one, I’d be willing to pay in that range and sleep good at night. Some don’t care for the game at all and others complain about this or that, blah, blah blah. It is a masterpiece but difficult to find one to play.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-jjp-announce-next-game?tu=jeffspinballpalace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.