Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,051 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by danarchy
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9718 (resized).jpeg
    matrix (resized).png
    IMG_2451 (resized).png
    IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
    nX-xq0NC_400x400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2650 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).png
    19AC6A64-764B-4176-B902-1F68AC54D7CF (resized).png
    298AD8C2-82EF-4FB2-9290-7FDF822D70AA (resized).jpeg
    70CA1EFE-2F4D-4B5A-80DB-4177E4CB5647 (resized).jpeg
    733F9956-AE63-49D4-BB84-BF0EE69D2285 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,051 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 22.
    #351 4 years ago

I hope that Guns and Roses fans get the game they really want. I hope that JJP are successful with this move, if this is indeed the game they are making. I also think that Guns and Roses were a bad band that made awful music and I think 2020 is gonna be a mulligan year for me and JJP. This is all well and good. I can pay off my current machines, enjoy them in the meantime, and look forward to a better theme in the years to come, hopefully from JJP.

#352 4 years ago
    Quoted from riggy469:

Have you played Iron Maiden??? GNR have a ton of classic songs that translate well into pinball, as seen by the DE version. I’d be shocked if JJP don’t surpass that one by miles.

Agree. I can't stand a majority of Iron Maiden's music but the pin is fun. I've heard that same point of view from other people in the hobby. Like you said I think GNR has more classic and more popular songs compared to Iron Maiden that will translate well to pinball. I actually enjoy some of Guns and Roses music so there's at least that when considering a purchase.

Game design, rules, features, and quality will make or break this pin for JJP. I don't seem them missing. I'll guess that we will see a continuation of what Wonka started with a slightly scaled back game in terms of features but the same code and build quality that JJP is known for.

#353 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Yeah I’m having a hard time with how JJP is going to pull off GNR in 2020.

Haven't you heard?

SEX, DRUGS, AND VIOLENCE SELLS!
    GNR-Appetite-Original (resized).jpgGNR-Appetite-Original (resized).jpg

#354 4 years ago

See now if it comes with the original AFD artwork, all the previous GNR albums, a new unreleased full album exclusive to only the pin, signatures from all band members past & present, A real guitar neck in the game, magnets that throw balls much crazier than the data east. An Axl that jumps out of the pin and starts a real riot, not only G & R Ramps, but GUNS N ROSES Ramps for every letter, real cocaine on the playfield, a full Slash Top hat Topper, all the rules from the DE GNR, more rules, modes, and wizards than POTC, real snakes in a snake pit, leather pants, a mini replica of The Rainbow Bar including the Lemmy statue, lifetime tickets to all GNR shows, and a private party and concert with the band every time you press start. Oh, and the extra ball button (even though i never use it)

Did I leave anything out?

#355 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Did I leave anything out?

The Song List-

It's So Easy
    My Michelle
    One In A Million
    I Used To Love Her
    Back Off Bitch
    Mr. Brownstone
    Night Train
    Out To Get Me
    You're Crazy
    Right Next Door To Hell
    Pretty Tied Up
    Welcome To The Jungle

#356 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The Song List-
    It's So Easy
    My Michelle
    One In A Million
    I Used To Love Her
    Back Off Bitch
    Mr. Brownstone
    Night Train
    Out To Get Me
    You're Crazy
    Right Next Door To Hell
    Pretty Tied Up
    Welcome To The Jungle

I believe I covered those with “all the previous GNR albums” but I guess that wouldn’t include Ain’t Goin’ Down no More

So that one as well

#357 4 years ago

5 of these songs get in there and I might consider playing it.

#358 4 years ago
    Quoted from Snailpin:

Data East did great with theirs, but that was 25 years ago. I kinda look at it like I suspect a movie director would look at a book to movie adaption, it might have been done before, maybe multiple times, but he has his own vision on how to do it.
    I'm not sure whether Meunier (POTC) or Lawlor (Wonka, Dialed in) will do it, but I'm sure it will be fine either way.

I thought Eric was up for GnR? Which would be great for GnR, leaving Lawlor the master of mechs for Toy Story.

Toy Story needs a lot of mechs/toys imo, it’s based on toys so I hope it’s got more on it than Wonka.

#359 4 years ago

JJP GnR will be epic and Eric is on it.

Toy Story will be epic as Pat is on it.

enough said.

#360 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

JJP GnR will be epic and Eric is on it.
    Toy Story will be epic as Pat is on it.
    enough said.

Thought as much and happy to hear that, Eric will be able to work with GnR and Pat is perfect for something like Toy Story if it’s packed and shoots as good as DI (minus that damn SIM card shot ) I’ll get one for me and the kids.

#361 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Yeah not saying it's good bc of that just saying they're popular and relevant still

There first 4 albums total sales 50,000,000 last 2 albums 3,600,000 relevant I don't think so https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N%27_Roses_discography

#362 4 years ago

You know JY64 - that's a great point. GnR is not relevant b/c the last two albums sold significantly less - one being a cover album and the other not even being produced by the full band.

I'm happy someone like JY64 exists on these boards. Tries to make a point, get that jab in based on something anyone with half a deck would say - wow that's just completely wrong and not even in touch with reality. You have one of the most successful bands ever and literally someone (in the same topic) just posted the INSANE sales on their last tour which factually proves how relevant they are but no.....JY64 goes into the wiki page and pulls out an absolute irrelevant fact and tries to make a point....and fails.

haha - well done.

#363 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

You know JY64 - that's a great point. GnR is not relevant b/c the last two albums sold significantly less - one being a cover album and the other not even being produced by the full band.
    I'm happy someone like JY64 exists on these boards. Tries to make a point, get that jab in based on something anyone with half a deck would say - wow that's just completely wrong and not even in touch with reality. You have one of the most successful bands ever and literally someone (in the same topic) just posted the INSANE sales on their last tour which factually proves how relevant they are but no.....JY64 goes into the wiki page and pulls out an absolute irrelevant fact and tries to make a point....and fails.
    haha - well done.

Did you at least think my JJP GNR requirements for the pin were reasonable? Maybe the extra ball button was over the top?

#364 4 years ago

As to GNR being relevant, all I can say is I didn't even know they still existed, and I don't think my kids (who are in their 20's) even know who they are/were.

In fairness, I never really liked them anyway, so would have had no reason to pay attention to what they are doing now.

I do remember the old GNR pin, and liked it back in the day, but that was despite the theme - not because of it.

#365 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

haha - well done.

I find it best to back an argument with facts not opinions

#366 4 years ago

ok - fact or opinion...

Guns n Roses is the Star Wars of Rock Music - each had a stand out first effort, followed it up with two more real successful efforts, then after that things went kind of downhill - but they’ve kind of been around the whole time. But those first three efforts oo la la - made them legends for decades to come - and ideal for pinball...

#367 4 years ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

ok - fact or opinion...
    Guns n Roses is the Star Wars of Rock Music - each had a stand out first effort, followed it up with two more real successful efforts, then after that things went kind of downhill - but they’ve kind of been around the whole time. But those first three efforts oo la la - made them legends for decades to come - and ideal for pinball...

Big no even Green Day which I do not like has been putting out albums for over 30 years and has sold more than GnR. As for the Star Wars of rock there is no one. The best you could ask for is what's best of the 70s,80s,90s and on and on

#368 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

I find it best to back an argument with facts not opinions

Ok I'll bite one more time.....

I agree with that strategy - which is why your point makes no sense. There were facts posted about their incredibly lucrative recent tour which hello...you who...means people paying money to see the band and hence their relevance right now. Your facts talked about two albums out of their entire all star catalog, with one that wasn't even the band.

If you can't see that point and where your gap in logic is, there is no saving you. Sorry.

#369 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Ok I'll bite one more time.....
    I agree with that strategy - which is why your point makes no sense. There were facts posted about their incredibly lucrative recent tour which hello...you who...means people paying money to see the band and hence their relevance right now. Your facts talked about two albums out of their entire all star catalog, with one that wasn't even the band.
    If you can't see that point and where your gap in logic is, there is no saving you. Sorry.

They played 120 shows over the last 4 years so the numbers are good but not surprising

#370 4 years ago

If Stern was making Guns N Roses would everyone change their minds about getting this title? Stern has only done 10 music pins. Jesus Christ!

#371 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

If Stern was making Guns N Roses would everyone change their minds about getting this title? Stern has only done 10 music pins. Jesus Christ!

If Stern was making GNR it would be DOA for me. So really glad its JJP

#372 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

If Stern was making this title there would be ZERO chance I would purchase.....JJP at least has a shot at making an incredible pin....I'm hopeful since it was the same designer as POTC, which is clearly the best game to hit the pinball market in years

#373 4 years ago

How do we know who's designing it?

#374 4 years ago
    Quoted from Snailpin:

How do we know who's designing it?

You don't. Just like we really don't know JJP is making it. So were all guessing.

Eric from JJP will be at TPF coincidentally though, but everything else is fake news until it isnt

#375 4 years ago

What if they're actually making a Beyonce pin and this is the backglass? Yay or nay?

beyonce (resized).jpgbeyonce (resized).jpg
    #376 4 years ago

I would never play a JJP again if that were true

#377 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Eric from JJP will be at TPF

Eric is there every year JJP is there. Great representative of the company. And now you can talk Pirates with him, besides the light system JJP uses in their games. He designed it. Besides being an excellent game designer. He's also an electrical engineer.

Has no bearing on what he is all working on, or when it may go into production.

His brother Chris will be there to representing Kingpin Games. He doesn't design them ( yet ? ) but he is a great distributor. JJP, PPS/CGC, AP, Spooky, etc.

LTG : )

#378 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Yes. I would change my mind.

#379 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm hopeful since it was the same designer as POTC, which is clearly the best game to hit the pinball market in years

This is funny to me because there was so much hate for POTC until it became hard to get, which was right around the time that Wonka was released and they announced no more POTC are being produced. People saw the next title and wanted the previous more and POTC became a unicorn.

Anyone remember when they decided to remove the three spinning disc? People were cancelling their preorders over that shit!

#380 4 years ago

I would have canceled my order after they removed the 3 spinning discs. To this day, you look at the LCD and see the 2 spinning discs in the graphics which is lame AF. POTC didn't become great until everything else Stern was turning out fell way short and it became unavailable as mentioned. So POTC is good, but seriously a pin you get bored of regardless how many modes it has. I've seen it in an arcade with people playing other pins instead.

So hopefully they figure that out and go beyond for GNR. If they make a typical JJP pin and slap an LCD with GNR videos on it, that's DOA for me. They are really gonna have a tight rope to walk. But rather JJP than Stern any day. Time will tell

#381 4 years ago

I will say that, for the most part, JJP has done well to have some modern appeal with their themes. Woz is timeless, hobbit and pirates are recent movie franchises... and dialed in has a cell phone. Very modern themes. GNR is appealing to old people and leaving younger crowds behind. I hope they do a more modern theme after this... pinball needs to strive to be less esoteric, not MORE.

#382 4 years ago

It would be nice if JJP made games faster, they made 5 games in 7+ years. I prefer JJP games over the rest but they are to slow producing them.

#383 4 years ago

I would rather JJP take their time and make a pin good out the gate. Otherwise buy a Stern, they constantly release unfinished lack luster game fast

#384 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So POTC is good, but seriously a pin you get bored of regardless how many modes it has. I've seen it in an arcade with people playing other pins instead.

POTC is beyond excellent in the modern era, and it's not JJP's fault people get sucked into lesser games.

Anywhere I go, I'm glued to JJP games. On free play, full pay, what have you. And I own 2 of their 5 games, and still prefer them by far to any modern era pins.

#385 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

POTC is beyond excellent in the modern era, and it's not JJP's fault people get sucked into lesser games.
    Anywhere I go, I'm glued to JJP games. On free play, full pay, what have you. And I own 2 of their 5 games, and still prefer them by far to any modern era pins.

wesman which is exactly why you want to sell me that pirates! ; )

Jjp really does make great games. They definitely feel and look high end

#386 4 years ago

I’ve never played a JJP pin.
    I only have some lovely Stern titles, but have my money ready and waiting for this GnR.
    This is JJPs window of opportunity with some of the guff spewing off the line recently in Illinois, I’m afraid to say.

#387 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I would have canceled my order after they removed the 3 spinning discs. To this day, you look at the LCD and see the 2 spinning discs in the graphics which is lame AF. POTC didn't become great until everything else Stern was turning out fell way short and it became unavailable as mentioned. So POTC is good, but seriously a pin you get bored of regardless how many modes it has. I've seen it in an arcade with people playing other pins instead.
    So hopefully they figure that out and go beyond for GNR. If they make a typical JJP pin and slap an LCD with GNR videos on it, that's DOA for me. They are really gonna have a tight rope to walk. But rather JJP than Stern any day. Time will tell

Bitter much about Pirates? Lol. The game is incredible, one of the best of all time! I listed mine for sale few days ago and then pulled the ad as it is so much fun to play. There will never be another game like it

Also, the original 3 disk mech was cool in concept but never worked well. For one it was too loud, it didn't grab the ball well if at all, and you couldn't read the rewards. On the the prototype I played the triple disk mech sounded like a jet engine and the opening chest mech was broken. The high quality animations that JP came up with for the map awards are really good and still took a lot of effort to pull off / implement. There's still a ton of stuff in Pirates, probably more then 99% of games.

#388 4 years ago

So can anyone bribe an assembly line worker at JJP for some leak photos
    The suspense is killing me ....

#389 4 years ago

Make more pirates god damn it.

#390 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also, the original 3 disk mech was cool in concept but never worked well.

I agree with everything you said except this. It did work well granted the very few prototype games on tour had ten thousand plays on them so yeah they did get weak over time which is why they test them in these torture test scenarios. While it sadly never made the BOM cut I will always stand firm that Eric’s amazing creation was a huge innovation to pinball. Dialed in it works perfectly and hope some day to see this advancement return. If your ever in my area let me know and you can see how a new mech plays.

A1AD098E-58EC-474A-AC9B-95A81A86DAFC (resized).jpegA1AD098E-58EC-474A-AC9B-95A81A86DAFC (resized).jpeg
    #391 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I agree with everything you said except this. It did work well granted the very few prototype games on tour had ten thousand plays on them so yeah they did get weak over time which is why they test them in these torture test scenarios. While it sadly never made the BOM cut I will always stand firm that Eric’s amazing creation was a huge innovation to pinball. Dialed in it works perfectly and hope some day to see this advancement return. If your ever in my area let me know and you can see how a new mech plays.[quoted image]

Damn. That's genuinely pretty.

#392 4 years ago

I agree that this was simply a BOM thing but can you imagine if they had that mech in there too? Talk about over the top. Respect the hell out of JJP for even attemtping it.

#393 4 years ago

That is very impressive looking. I do get the impression that the ball would have a lot of accidental travel around those circles. They look both deep and wide, the gaps between the circles, but still an impressive mech none the less.

#394 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I know of a few people on this thread who would be going crazy if Stern was making it

#395 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I agree with everything you said except this. It did work well granted the very few prototype games on tour had ten thousand plays on them so yeah they did get weak over time which is why they test them in these torture test scenarios. While it sadly never made the BOM cut I will always stand firm that Eric’s amazing creation was a huge innovation to pinball. Dialed in it works perfectly and hope some day to see this advancement return. If your ever in my area let me know and you can see how a new mech plays.[quoted image]

Yeah I got to play one, it was the centerpiece of the game (literally) and did have a magnetic effect no other pin had. So to say the game didn’t lose anything when it got thrown out is bogus. I get why they had to do it though.

Maybe something better makes its way into GNR

#396 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

If the inserts lit up underneath , that would have been Epic! Reminds me of a Slot machine and you're hoping max points align themselves.

#397 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I know of a few people on this thread who would be going crazy if Stern was making it

Stern fanboys im sure.

#398 4 years ago
    Quoted from 3pinballs:

If the inserts lit up underneath , that would have been Epic! Reminds me of a Slot machine and you're hoping max points align themselves.

They Did light up underneath!

#399 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

They Did light up underneath!

They did and they were Epic!
    I’m just a carpenter but I can appreciate the amount of engineering and potential problems of that epic spinning disc.

#400 4 years ago

Figuring out how to get these “Risky Items” into the games is going to be the key. With all the people complaining about minor issues these days I hope they keep pushing the envelope. This is why Stern games are so bland to me because they hardly do anything risky. Everytime I play one of those then play Indiana Jones Williams or a TOTAN you can clearly see the difference and why the 90s pins hold up 25 years later. They took risks because the future of pinball was near and they pulled out all the stops.

I’d rather have an over the top game with mechanics, etc with the possible risks vs a wide open simple playfield with the typical LCD screen we’ve been seeing.

There are 1,051 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-jjp-announce-next-game/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.