Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,051 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by danarchy
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9718 (resized).jpeg
    matrix (resized).png
    IMG_2451 (resized).png
    IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
    nX-xq0NC_400x400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2650 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).png
    19AC6A64-764B-4176-B902-1F68AC54D7CF (resized).png
    298AD8C2-82EF-4FB2-9290-7FDF822D70AA (resized).jpeg
    70CA1EFE-2F4D-4B5A-80DB-4177E4CB5647 (resized).jpeg
    733F9956-AE63-49D4-BB84-BF0EE69D2285 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,051 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 22.
    #301 4 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Exactly what I’ve been thinking. Everyone keeps saying Wonka is the new expectation, and that no more wide body games due to cost. Seriously people it was one game stripped down by jjp standards. The last game was a super packed widebody. I see no “trend”.

Let's just say it's been confirmed by insiders apparently ; ) This will be the trend going forward unless people stop buying. I still think you get a lot for your money compared to stern but pirates will likely set the bar.

#302 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Let's just say it's been confirmed by insiders apparently ; ) This will be the trend going forward unless people stop buying. I still think you get a lot for your money compared to stern but pirates will likely set the bar.

Confirmed it'll be akin to Wonka?

I read some account on this forum, where supposedly Eric has grinned, at the idea suggested by a question from a forum member, about if his next game would have compelling mechs in it.

In Eric, WE trust..!

#303 4 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Exactly what I’ve been thinking. Everyone keeps saying Wonka is the new expectation, and that no more wide body games due to cost. Seriously people it was one game stripped down by jjp standards. The last game was a super packed widebody. I see no “trend”.

Was POTC built under the current investor?

#304 4 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Was POTC built under the current investor?

Yup.

I think everything after WoZ.

#305 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

"Confirmed apparently."

#306 4 years ago
    Quoted from Adipocere:

"Confirmed apparently."

That’s right. The only time I would say confirmed is if I saw it with my own eyes

#307 4 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

If JJP wants to sell their games in higher volume and actually make a profit they probably need to make more games like Wonka rather then Pirates.

#308 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If JJP wants to sell their games in higher volume and actually make a profit they probably need to make more games like Wonka rather then Pirates.

I think they need to make more games like pirates, we allready have a company making barren games.
    I'd rather pay a 1k more and get the magic.

#309 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

I think they need to make more games like pirates, we allready have a company making barren games.
    I'd rather pay a 1k more and get the magic.

JJP needs to make money if POTC was profitable why did they end the run it was not for lack of demand

#310 4 years ago

Maybe because the recent lackluster “other” pins being released have made POTC a very desirable pin in comparison and now it’s back in demand? I only say this because there are very few listed and the ones that are go fast at $11-$20k

#311 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

JJP needs to make money if POTC was profitable why did they end the run it was not for lack of demand

It seems like the demand went up when pinsiders realized JJP was shutting down production

#312 4 years ago

My money is in gnr having a lot in it, and toy story with even more. Both will have more magic than Wonka, but probably not as much as potc.

#313 4 years ago

GNR ?

#314 4 years ago

Guns N Roses!

#315 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The guys in Chicago have been super pumped about it since MGC last year.
    So I'm excited to see it when it comes out. I don't think Eric is a one trick pony. I believe he is capable of great games. Going to be an exciting future for him and us.

I need to temper my excitement but I’m starting to get hyped.

POTC was not only my first NIB pin but my first pin ever...and it really is incredible. GNR happens to be my favorite band of all-time. To think about Eric and Keith teaming up and creating another modern masterpiece on this theme is almost too much! Now I just need to figure how to tell my wife....

#316 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galooch:

I need to temper my excitement but I’m starting to get hyped.
    POTC was not only my first NIB pin but my first pin ever...and it really is incredible. GNR happens to be my favorite band of all-time. To think about Eric and Keith teaming up and creating another modern masterpiece on this theme is almost too much! Now I just need to figure how to tell my wife....

The problem I have is when GNR is shown and I like what I see, what do I sell to get it?

#317 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

The problem I have is when GNR is shown and I like what I see, what do I sell to get it?

Congo and SS. Any other questions?

#318 4 years ago
    Quoted from ViperVS:

Congo and SS. Any other questions?

No and Way. Maybe Congo with cash added.

#319 4 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

My money is in gnr having a lot in it, and toy story with even more. Both will have more magic than Wonka, but probably not as much as potc.

I’m not holding my breath on Toy Story having more. Great theme but just won’t work without having all the assets. Just my opinion.

#320 4 years ago

Toy Story will be the real test going forward. No question it should be at WOZ level given the assets perhaps it should be much much more. Wishful thinking!
    If it doesn't turn out in at least a wide body I will be very surprised as others will be. If its feature less than Pirates there will be huge disappointments.

#321 4 years ago

So....a certain pinball podcaster is spreading a rumor that JJP is going to be moving to Chicago under one roof....whaddya think?

#322 4 years ago

Black metallic trim will look awsum !

Maybe this GNR will get a real topper ?
    The chucky cheese cake plate was a joke

#323 4 years ago

Texas show !!!

#324 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

So....a certain pinball podcaster is spreading a rumor that JJP is going to be moving to Chicago under one roof....whaddya think?

Not a fan of the idea as a consumer, but would probably make sense from a financial/business point of view. Latest I heard was that JJP has some deep pocket financiers that have bailed him out that think the idea of owning a pinball company is "cool" and their business is not really profitable. Putting the magic under one roof at Stern would probably help their bottom dollar and build economies of scale up.

It would be good for Stern and JJP, help smaller manufacturers everywhere, and ultimately hurt me as the consumer.

#325 4 years ago

I probably missed this, but is there a general feel as to GnR being a wide body?

#326 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Had not heard this. Interesting.

#327 4 years ago

To be fair, 'under one roof' means Design AND Manufacturing in one building, not under one roof with another company.

#328 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Not a fan of the idea as a consumer, but would probably make sense from a financial/business point of view. Latest I heard was that JJP has some deep pocket financiers that have bailed him out that think the idea of owning a pinball company is "cool" and their business is not really profitable. Putting the magic under one roof at Stern would probably help their bottom dollar and build economies of scale up.
    It would be good for Stern and JJP, help smaller manufacturers everywhere, and ultimately hurt me as the consumer.

Not sure the rumor was to merge two competitors. JJP has offices in Chicago. As for moving a manufacturing facility to Chicago, worst business idea ever with taxes. Most are Leaving Chicago.

#329 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Makes sense.

CJP.jpgCJP.jpg

#330 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

You talking bout Chicago Jack?

#331 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You talking bout Chicago Jack?

How about Joliet Jack Pinball?

v3_XsudOADe1kvPPBWbu7Bl77wOCbOzicx8Y-4ElvpI (resized).jpgv3_XsudOADe1kvPPBWbu7Bl77wOCbOzicx8Y-4ElvpI (resized).jpg

#332 4 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

How about Joliet Jack Pinball?
    [

Now were talking!!!!

Illinois nazis multiball. Would have great music too! I dont think licensing the songs would be too expensive for 50 year old songs nobody plays anymore (cept me)

#333 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

No way JJP and Stern are merging or Stern is buying JJP. I don't see that happening. Maybe the rumor is JJP just moving their production facilities to Chicago?

Also, another possibility is that JJP games get built at a CGC facility? That seems more likely to me.

#334 4 years ago

I’ll bet JJP’s investors ( venture capital firm) are in Chicago. There are a bunch of them headquartered there, but is no reason to move.

#335 4 years ago

First of all who is this unknown person who started rumor?If if it’s Kaneda this info and 50 cents will get you a couple of coffee!

#336 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No way JJP and Stern are merging or Stern is buying JJP. I don't see that happening. Maybe the rumor is JJP just moving their production facilities to Chicago?
    Also, another possibility is that JJP games get built at a CGC facility? That seems more likely to me.

The rumor was JJP moving their production to Chicago, where their design work is already happening. No Stern merger or CGC contract building.

#337 4 years ago

I really want Toy Story and not GNR. I bet I'm in the minority on this, but still.

#338 4 years ago

They need a music Pin badly if they knock it out of the park the next one they do music wise will hurt Stern.

#339 4 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

I really want Toy Story and not GNR. I bet I'm in the minority on this, but still.

Na
    I want Toy Story over Guns as well.

Pirates re release as well

#340 4 years ago

I’ll never buy Toy Story, but on the other hand would rather they do Toy Story first so they can have more time to perfect GNR

#341 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchild:

Na
    I want Toy Story over Guns as well.
    Pirates re release as well

Pirates I want most of all. I'd be first to buy a re release.

1 week later
    #342 4 years ago

How cool would it be if the new GnR pin had specific art paying homage to some of their greatest hits?
    For example Civil War you could have Cannons, confederate + Union flags, battle scene etc........ on parts of the cab
    Then in other areas, T2, etc.......... just a thought
    maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpgthe-american-civil-war-cais-asmiani (resized).jpgthe-american-civil-war-cais-asmiani (resized).jpg

#343 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

For example Civil War you could have Cannons, confederate + Union flags, battle scene etc........ on parts of the cab
    Then in other areas, T2, etc..........

T2 would be another licensing expense and approval process that JJP may not want, and the Confederate battle flag... that's an aggressive play in the US in 2020.

#344 4 years ago

Yeah I’m having a hard time with how JJP is going to pull off GNR in 2020. The original was built during their heyday and really was epic during that time. Now 25 years later Guns has a rumored album but no new songs to speak of. So maybe the theme will be irrelevant but i can tell you no matter how good Toy Story will be, I’ve got zero interest in buying that theme. So really curious how they place the band in their current state into this 2020 version of GNR.

If it’s a bust, no biggie cuz the original is awesome. I’ll just HEP it

#345 4 years ago

Here's why JJP will pull it off:

The Not in This Lifetime... Tour is a concert tour by hard rock band Guns N' Roses, spanning from April 1, 2016 to August 26, 2020.
    The tour has been a financial success, grossing over $563.3 million, making it the third-highest-grossing concert tour of all time.
    More than five million people witnessed Guns N' Roses' Not In This Lifetime tour during the trek's lengthy run.

#346 4 years ago
    Quoted from Snailpin:

Here's why JJP will pull it off:
    The Not in This Lifetime... Tour is a concert tour by hard rock band Guns N' Roses, spanning from April 1, 2016 to August 26, 2020.
    The tour has been a financial success, grossing over $563.3 million, making it the third-highest-grossing concert tour of all time.
    More than five million people witnessed Guns N' Roses' Not In This Lifetime tour during the trek's lengthy run.

It's like people live under rocks. Thanks for reminding folks how popular they are.

When a band has absolute classics that are still played commercially today, they don't need another song ever.

#347 4 years ago

A successful tour does not equate to a good pin. A good pin equals a good pin.

Putting flowers and new movie on top of Ghostbusters doesn’t make it good.

Now if you mean people are going to buy the pin based on current interest in the bands live shows, that may be true and would be a success for JJP (and that’s good thing of course).

You could say Supreme is a successful pin because they sold out. But it straight up sucks, like Spider-Man HD

So again, hoping JJP pulls it off, if so I’ll be NIB’n one next to my DE GNR. But I’m having a tough time thinking what they could do with this band and music from 25 years ago in 2020

#348 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

But I’m having a tough time thinking what they could do with this band and music from 25 years ago in 2020

Have you played Iron Maiden??? GNR have a ton of classic songs that translate well into pinball, as seen by the DE version. I’d be shocked if JJP don’t surpass that one by miles.

#349 4 years ago

Data East did great with theirs, but that was 25 years ago. I kinda look at it like I suspect a movie director would look at a book to movie adaption, it might have been done before, maybe multiple times, but he has his own vision on how to do it.
    I'm not sure whether Meunier (POTC) or Lawlor (Wonka, Dialed in) will do it, but I'm sure it will be fine either way.

#350 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

A successful tour does not equate to a good pin. A good pin equals a good pin.
    Putting flowers and new movie on top of Ghostbusters doesn’t make it good.
    Now if you mean people are going to buy the pin based on current interest in the bands live shows, that may be true and would be a success for JJP (and that’s good thing of course).
    You could say Supreme is a successful pin because they sold out. But it straight up sucks, like Spider-Man HD
    So again, hoping JJP pulls it off, if so I’ll be NIB’n one next to my DE GNR. But I’m having a tough time thinking what they could do with this band and music from 25 years ago in 2020

Yeah not saying it's good bc of that just saying they're popular and relevant still

There are 1,051 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-jjp-announce-next-game/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.