Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,064 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0033 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9718 (resized).jpeg
    matrix (resized).png
    IMG_2451 (resized).png
    IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
    nX-xq0NC_400x400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2650 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).png
    19AC6A64-764B-4176-B902-1F68AC54D7CF (resized).png
    298AD8C2-82EF-4FB2-9290-7FDF822D70AA (resized).jpeg
    70CA1EFE-2F4D-4B5A-80DB-4177E4CB5647 (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 22.
    #251 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

More than that. I don't know where those are in the mix. If at all.
    Last year everybody expected Toy Story at TPF - JJP showed WOZ Yellow Brick Road. Everybody expected Toy Story at MGC - JJP showed Willy Wonka : Where did that come from.
    Things can change, like when they skipped a couple titles because they got the Hobbit license. So only JJP NJ knows what is going on and what will be next.
    I read all the rumors here on Pinside like everyone else. But nothing is for certain until JJP announces it or shows it.
    LTG : )

GnR is for certain

#252 4 years ago

Seriously anxious to see this and TMNT. One of those will get my money. May have to sell something and get both.
    Come on next reveals!!!

#253 4 years ago

At least if it’s GNR I can save up some money this year and wait for JJP to finally do the Point Break pinball we all deserve.

#254 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

Chile on the 27th, Texas on the 28th, Argentina on the 29th? Good luck with that.

Slash is RICH estimated net worth of $90 million dollars. He can fly wherever he wants when he wants. But probably wouldn't if your dates are correct!

Either way what I'm saying is that would be about the only reason if I was JJP NOT to release the game right now. If that was off the table then why not seize on every ounce or PR leading up to TPF?

Now right now is the time to release it! Just my opinion.

#255 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Slash is RICH estimated net worth of $90 million dollars. He can fly wherever he wants when he wants. But probably wouldn't if your dates are correct!
    Either way what I'm saying is that would be about the only reason if I was JJP NOT to release the game right now. If that was off the table then why not seize on every ounce or PR leading up to TPF?
    Now right now is the time to release it! Just my opinion.

Maybe it’s not ready yet?

#256 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Slash is RICH estimated net worth of $90 million dollars. He can fly wherever he wants when he wants.

Then why did they auction off his spanking chair ?

#257 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Maybe it’s not ready yet?

Agreed. Seems they learned a valuable lesson with Pirates. Release it when They are ready not Us. Smarter business plan. They only get to hit the Go button once with this crowd then everyone storms the gates from all directions. I am sure when JJP and Eric are ready to show off his latest creative effort people will buy it if it fits their interest.

#258 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed. Seems they learned a valuable lesson with Pirates. Release it when They are ready not Us. Smarter business plan. They only get to hit the Go button once with this crowd then everyone storms the gates from all directions. I am sure when JJP and Eric are ready to show off his latest creative effort people will buy it if it fits their interest.

I think if they can ship the pin within 1 month of showing it or close, that would be fine. Trust me, with the cost of new pins now, I’m glad JJP does 1 per year.

#259 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Same reason we ALL would auction off our spanking chairs Lloyd, too many good memories that would bring tears on a daily basis....

#260 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I think in that case it depended on who was spanking whom in the chair towards the end.

#261 4 years ago
    Quoted from Adipocere:

I think in that case it depended on who was spanking whom in the chair towards the end.

Well. Could be a cute end. Could be a hairy end.

We'll never know.

#262 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Well. Could be a cute end. Could be a hairy end.
    We'll never know.

I'd like to think they were wealthy enough to be dual spanked by an unlucky maid or butler....or both.

#263 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I believe his Ex sold the stuff; not him. I’m sure his new squeeze didn’t want his used spanking chair in the house

#264 4 years ago

What is currently running on the main and secondary line?

#265 4 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

What is currently running on the main and secondary line?

Wonka and woz ybr as far as I know.

#266 4 years ago
    Quoted from JamCat:

I am excited to see GnR. Since Eric should be doing this pin, we will know if JJP is on the cost cutting train that we suspected after the Wonka release. We’ve seen what Eric can and wants to do in his designs, so if it comes up short, there is no one else to point at but greedy investors. I really hope they go back to cultivating the wow factor. I’m still loving my POTC more than anything else after my dream theme of Wonka being a letdown. I wish I could make it to TPF!

I honestly wonder how profitable they are. Wonka LE vs. Stern LE and tell me who is still giving you at least something for the money?

#267 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

More than that. I don't know where those are in the mix. If at all.
    Last year everybody expected Toy Story at TPF - JJP showed WOZ Yellow Brick Road. Everybody expected Toy Story at MGC - JJP showed Willy Wonka : Where did that come from.
    Things can change, like when they skipped a couple titles because they got the Hobbit license. So only JJP NJ knows what is going on and what will be next.
    I read all the rumors here on Pinside like everyone else. But nothing is for certain until JJP announces it or shows it.

I don’t think anyone was actually expecting Toy Story at MGC. Everyone was expecting Willy Wonka.

#268 4 years ago

With all the quality control issues Stern is having. JJP could absolutely clean house with GNR provided thier own playfield issues have been addressed

#269 4 years ago
    Quoted from davisjl1979:

I honestly wonder how profitable they are. Wonka LE vs. Stern LE and tell me who is still giving you at least something for the money?

I have no idea what their profit margins are, but JJP obviously needed more so they skimped on the toys for Wonka. Any time investors are involved in anything, it’s only a matter of time before they want to “streamline” and then the product or service goes downhill. It’s just a shame it had to start on such a good theme. I would have paid 13k plus for a Wonka wide body done up like Pirates with upper playfield and a real wonkavator and better integrated ruleset.

I think they need to start a dedicated micro line for the CEs and allow the designers to spare no expense in getting it right. Then only build them as they are ordered. That way they aren’t stuck with a batch of high cost CEs if they don’t sell. I personally think they would be surprised how many would pay up for the better design. And I know, lower quantities of the CE mechs would cost more, blah blah blah, but I can dream at least......

#270 4 years ago
    Quoted from JamCat:

I have no idea what their profit margins are, but JJP obviously needed more so they skimped on the toys for Wonka.

Wonka is a theme that really needed more toys. JJP also, IMO, made up for the lack of toys with the light show it puts on. It's a good example of making it work with less cost. But i too would still much prefer paying more for a widebody with an upper playfield and toys.

#271 4 years ago
    Quoted from JamCat:

I have no idea what their profit margins are, but JJP obviously needed more so they skimped on the toys for Wonka. Any time investors are involved in anything, it’s only a matter of time before they want to “streamline” and then the product or service goes downhill. It’s just a shame it had to start on such a good theme. I would have paid 13k plus for a Wonka wide body done up like Pirates with upper playfield and a real wonkavator and better integrated ruleset.
    I think they need to start a dedicated micro line for the CEs and allow the designers to spare no expense in getting it right. Then only build them as they are ordered. That way they aren’t stuck with a batch of high cost CEs if they don’t sell. I personally think they would be surprised how many would pay up for the better design. And I know, lower quantities of the CE mechs would cost more, blah blah blah, but I can dream at least......

Amen! I was SOOO excited for WONKA, expecting a WOZ Level game, and what a HUGE disappointment. Honestly if they do another RRWOZ run I’ll buy one but at that will probably be my only JJP ever as it seems like the investors are in charge 100% now. I mean my god look at YBR it just pisses me off..

#272 4 years ago
    Quoted from JamCat:

I think you hit the nail on the head.

I think the best way forward for the smaller manufactures (read, non-Stern) is one by one builds. The customer orders the game, they build and ship the game. No distributors, no waste, increased quality. Develop new games On the side, and when the new design is ready, add it to the list of current offerings.

Essentially, this is what Spooky is doing (albeit inadvertently) with their R&M offering. I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if they morph into this business model full time. It makes the most sense.

Basically, have a menu of offerings, choose your game, choose your build options, and with a down payment get the game started. Pay on completion and ship door to door a month or so later. When ‘X’ amount of games have been produced, retire the title.

You can absorb cost of the smaller quantities of mechs by cutting out the distributor and keeping the profits in house.

#273 4 years ago
    Quoted from davisjl1979:

JJP LE is open ended do you really think 5000 is a LE vs a 500 unit LE JJP CE is there LE idition with 250 units and a cost of $12,500

#274 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lounge:

I think the best way forward for the smaller manufactures (read, non-Stern) is one by one builds. The customer orders the game, they build and ship the game. No distributors, no waste, increased quality. Develop new games On the side, and when the new design is ready, add it to the list of current offerings.

Not a sustainable business model; your BOM would kill it, can’t staff on the hopes of business. You need a plan or you will go broke in a month

#275 4 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Amen! I was SOOO excited for WONKA, expecting a WOZ Level game, and what a HUGE disappointment. Honestly if they do another RRWOZ run I’ll buy one but at that will probably be my only JJP ever as it seems like the investors are in charge 100% now. I mean my god look at YBR it just pisses me off..

Oh I was the same! I had a deposit on a CE before the reveal and then I cancelled it and got a POTC instead. I’m sorry but a spinning gobstopper and an LCD with a plastic frame on it just doesn’t impress me. It needed a brass wonkavator that can receive the ball, a pipe ball lock, and an eggdicator that would drop the ball from the upper playfield. So many cool things could have been done.....Now I’m just clinging to the last sliver of hope that Eric convinced them to let him do GnR like it should be! If not I’ll look at a Stranger Things Prem or Jurassic Park Prem.

#276 4 years ago
    Quoted from JamCat:

If not I’ll look at a Stranger Things Prem or Jurassic Park Prem.

My Jurassic Park Premium has a spot next to my POTC and neither are going anywhere. JP is a ton of fun while playing nothing like POTC. Personally I think both are in a completely different league than Stranger Things.

My Dialed In arrives this week, and I'm really hoping the Toy Story rumors are true (and that Toy Story has lots of gadgets).

#277 4 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

There’s customers for everything... I’m sure that a "Wonka” Pinball makes someone(or a family) very happy every single day in his/their home, I’m fan of the title and I was thinking about a Collector’s but the space that I have in my house is limited to just 7 Pinball so I declined that one.
    I want Guns N’ Roses to be my Pinball #5, so I hope that JJP makes a game in the same level of WOZ like you mentioned.

*By the way... I enjoy every day my Yellow Brick Road 100% , WOZ it is an amazing game, besides that my wife, my son and me we like the Movie a lot, also yellow it is my favorite color, and I grew up in my Grandmother’s home and the house number was "33" so I got everything in this one including YBR #33 to honor that part of my childhood.

Cheers!

1FFE8F99-4580-4FF3-8713-83FB6EBBEB2A (resized).jpeg1FFE8F99-4580-4FF3-8713-83FB6EBBEB2A (resized).jpeg242B828B-1598-4AF0-A370-B034E8AE0764 (resized).jpeg242B828B-1598-4AF0-A370-B034E8AE0764 (resized).jpeg
    #278 4 years ago

Anyone else think it’s strange all these pirates machines are popping up for sale this week?!? If JJP really wants to throw down the gauntlet this year they should announce GNR as well as a black pearl edition of pirates. Unlikely, but fun to speculate.

#279 4 years ago
    Quoted from TonLoc777:

Anyone else think it’s strange all these pirates machines are popping up for sale this week?!? If JJP really wants to throw down the gauntlet this year they should announce GNR as well as a black pearl edition of pirates. Unlikely, but fun to speculate.

One of two things:

1. Cash in now while it’s hot
    2. Black Pearl is 100% coming

#280 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

There’s customers for everything... I’m sure that a "Wonka” Pinball makes someone(or a family) very happy every single day in his/their home, I’m fan of the title and I was thinking about a Collector’s but the space that I have in my house is limited to just 7 Pinball so I declined that one.
    I want Guns N’ Roses to be my Pinball #5, so I hope that JJP makes a game in the same level of WOZ like you mentioned.
    *By the way... I enjoy every day my Yellow Brick Road 100% , WOZ it is an amazing game, besides that my wife, my son and me we like the Movie a lot, also yellow it is my favorite color, and I grew up in my Grandmother’s home and the house number was "33" so I got everything in this one including YBR #33 to honor that part of my childhood.
    Cheers![quoted image][quoted image]

Side blades? Where did u get them?

#281 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Side blades? Where did u get them?

Came directly from JJP with them... a very nice touch IMO

#282 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

JJP LE is open ended do you really think 5000 is a LE vs a 500 unit LE JJP CE is there LE idition with 250 units and a cost of $12,500

I think they shouldn’t call it an LE.

The point was that a JJP LE has a lot more than a Stern LE.

#283 4 years ago
    Quoted from davisjl1979:

I think they shouldn’t call it an LE.
    The point was that a JJP LE has a lot more than a Stern LE.

My point is the fools who buy LE games want low number runs that said a JJP LE cost $12,500 now if you want to compair the JJP LE to a Stern Premium that's a different story

#284 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

My point is the fools who buy LE games want low number runs that said a JJP LE cost $12,500 now if you want to compair the JJP LE to a Stern Premium that's a different story

JJP CE cost $12,500 not the LE’s

#285 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

JJP CE cost $12,500 not the LE’s

You don't get it JJP's LE are not true LE games JJP CE are true LE games

#286 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Stern LE is supposed to be their best model with the most bells and whistles. But you make a good point. They don’t really add much other than a number so I guess you could compare the Stern LE and premium to a JJP LE.

#287 4 years ago

The question is will the NEXT GAME being GNR be just as like Wonka as far as features
    which clearly is streamlined compared to WOZ and Pirates. Just seems this may be the new
    norm for JJP moving forward. How many features can they possible put into a GNR anyhow?
    We shall see.

#288 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

You don't get it JJP's LE are not true LE games JJP CE are true LE games

Whatever dude
    JJP standard>Stern pro
    JJP LE=Stern LE & premium
    JJP CE >>>>>>>>>Kapow

#289 4 years ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

The question is will the NEXT GAME being GNR be just as like Wonka as far as features
    which clearly is streamlined compared to WOZ and Pirates. Just seems this may be the new
    norm for JJP moving forward. How many features can they possible put into a GNR anyhow?
    We shall see.

I’ve heard they’re not going to let games get as complicated as POTC again so I’m guessing it will not be. Hoping for the best but expecting it to be similar to Wonka.

Maybe we’ll get a set of dancing plastics like on the AC/DC Premium/LE!!!!!

#290 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Whatever dude
    JJP standard>Stern pro
    JJP LE=Stern LE & premium
    JJP CE >>>>>>>>>Kapow

Yeah, unfortunately the naming schemes between vendors aren't really comparable...
    I think people would relax if JJP simply changed their LE name, or just called it the Luxurious edition or Luscious edition.

#291 4 years ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

Just seems this may be the new norm for JJP moving forward.

Why is everyone saying this? They've only had one game with a "stripped down" version, and even then it's still much better than most everything else being provided by their competition.

#292 4 years ago

The decision to make a Wonka SE worked well for me.The SE is not stripped down.The main thing that is missing is the physical ball lock.
    This version is $2000 less then the LE,which made it more affordable for a lot of guys.I was lucky mine was accidentally shipped with Invisglass in my SE.I added a shaker moter and a $40 dollar backboard light to brighten up where the Wonkavator would be.
    The point is yes it’s not POTC rich but it’s a good deal for a new JJP.
    Playfield is perfect and I’ve had no issues.

#293 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Why is everyone saying this? They've only had one game with a "stripped down" version, and even then it's still much better than most everything else being provided by their competition.

Agreed! Still miles above the latest Stern releases.

#294 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Because JJP established expectations with previous releases.

Edit: I was wrong about price tho.

#295 4 years ago
    Quoted from bbulkley:

Because JJP established expectations with previous releases. I agree that JJP offers more in their machines than Stern (even though I love my JP Prem), but it's natural to wonder why their new products cost more and arguably offer less. Wonka is objectively less complex than POTC but costs more. I'm not saying Wonka isn't worth it, but it's fair to point out the difference.

Technically (the standard) Wonka cost less than potc

Standard
    Wonka 7500
    Potc 8500

Limited
    Wonka 9500
    Potc 9500

Collectors
    Wonka 12,500
    Potc 12,500

#296 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

Technically (the standard) Wonka cost less than potc
    Standard
    Wonka 7500
    Potc 8500
    Limited
    Wonka 9500
    Potc 9500
    Collectors
    Wonka 12,500
    Potc 12,500

Thank you for this I could not understand what the hell Bbulkly was talking about

#297 4 years ago

Happy Birthday Axle Rose!

#298 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Happy Birthday Axle Rose!

-e

But I'm sure he appreciates the sentiment, regardless.

#299 4 years ago
    Quoted from bbulkley:

Because JJP established expectations with previous releases.

My point is they have 4 loaded releases, then one not-so loaded Wonka. How does this mean that this will be their mo from now on?

#300 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

My point is they have 4 loaded releases, then one not-so loaded Wonka. How does this mean that this will be their mo from now on?

Exactly what I’ve been thinking. Everyone keeps saying Wonka is the new expectation, and that no more wide body games due to cost. Seriously people it was one game stripped down by jjp standards. The last game was a super packed widebody. I see no “trend”.

There are 1,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-jjp-announce-next-game/page/6?hl=davisjl1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.