Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,064 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0033 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9718 (resized).jpeg
    matrix (resized).png
    IMG_2451 (resized).png
    IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
    nX-xq0NC_400x400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2650 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).png
    19AC6A64-764B-4176-B902-1F68AC54D7CF (resized).png
    298AD8C2-82EF-4FB2-9290-7FDF822D70AA (resized).jpeg
    70CA1EFE-2F4D-4B5A-80DB-4177E4CB5647 (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 22.
    #201 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry not cool or needed. You don't have to like the company or product but that is plain disrespectful.

I have asked Pinside also to ban that ignorant and vulgar user from the site

#202 4 years ago

Thinking about GNR.....I can’t imagine how awful it would sound to have a home collection of 3-4 or 5 music themed pins all playing at the same time!

#203 4 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Thinking about GNR.....I can’t imagine how awful it would sound to have a home collection of 3-4 or 5 music themed pins all playing at the same time!

How is it any different than 4-5 of any game being played at the same time? Just becomes a bunch of noise.

#204 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

How is it any different than 4-5 of any game being played at the same time? Just becomes a bunch of noise.

A bunch of beautiful noise!

#205 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

A bunch of beautiful noise!

Agreed!

#206 4 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

You must not have been around to read the thread about the Austrian who worked at a museum that had 100’s and 100’s of jukebox machines. He said he’d go around the building to get them all going at same time. 5 music themed pins playing at once is nothing.

#207 4 years ago

Come to think of it, I have Batman 66 and Ghostbusters theme music and Beatles playing next to each other which hard to listen to. Can’t be any different then a bunch of music pins..... I stand corrected!

#208 4 years ago

Looks like things are progressing ... Jersey Jen sent out an email that they have very few DI and WOZ YBR pins left and that they "have no immediate plans to make more of them in the near future". The Wonka's are in stock and are "first come, first serve". My wild speculation would jump to the conclusion that the production facility main line is in transition for JJP #6. More of my speculation would be that Wonka would move production to their mini production line.

#209 4 years ago

Hopefully some kind of reveal at Texas Pinball Festival in 2 months...

#210 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Hopefully some kind of reveal at Texas Pinball Festival in 2 months...

... or 2 months + 1 week at MGC

#211 4 years ago

Yes MGC. Then PATZ.

#212 4 years ago

MESSAGE TO JJP:

It's time to get into the marketing/pr game here... RIGHT NOW IS THE BLACK GAP for you!

The Black Gap was a place German subs could operate without fear of airplanes attacking them. Right now is the black gap for pinball... spooky made their announcement, they sold everything. Stern released the much anticipated Stranger Things... good reason for you to hold off honestly. But wait hold the phone Stranger Things is a disaster sinking faster than the Titanic. The game is now ranked 198 on Pinside top 100... and no new game will be announced from Stern until what TPF?

What are you waiting for? STEAL THE MOMENT... Wonka is a timeless theme, like WOZ you will be selling that game for years to come. GNR is a rock band themed game, and the biggest sellers in pinball history have mostly been rock band themed like Metallica, ACDC, etc. I would argue there is a totally different market for GNR than Willy Wonka. They're not going to compete with one another, in fact I think millions of GNR fans will have an interest in the game.

There is a black gap right now for JJP to steal all the thunder, garner all the talk, make all the headlines especially if the game is GREAT!

Waiting for TPF is a mistake.

Stern will have a chance to redeem themselves, other companies might bring new games... steal the conversation NOW, and if the game is GREAT roll into TPF on top of a tidal wave.

STRIKE NOW and release the game, you have a clear path to own the conversation rolling up to and into TPF!

Stern struck out big league now is your chance to strike!

Just my opinion!

#213 4 years ago

I totally agree with this!I hope Jack,Eric or Keefer see this and do this.

#214 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

... steal the conversation NOW, and if the game is GREAT roll into TPF on top of a titlewave.

Agree 1000%, except for the 'titlewave' part (tidal wave) .

Seize the moment! He who hesitates is lost.

#215 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I totally agree with this!I hope Jack,Eric or Keefer see this and do this.

I agree as well been well over 12 months since Stern has run a full production music theme and I get people on here say they are sick of music pins.

Facts don’t lie, they sell well and they earn well and JJP has the chance to steal the show right now.

Rumors are next stern TmNT or Led Zepp. If it’s the later it will be a direct competitor.

Do it now JJP!

#216 4 years ago

Do it now JJP!Do it now do it now do it now!

#217 4 years ago
    75d5fd7ae329aaf5ef52f36f48fcde79 (resized).jpg75d5fd7ae329aaf5ef52f36f48fcde79 (resized).jpg
    #218 4 years ago

With people stating that they are starting to receive POTC replacement playfields, does anyone think JJP would make a few hundred extra and build some more machines? I am thinking they might.

#219 4 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

With people stating that they are starting to receive POTC replacement playfields, does anyone think JJP would make a few hundred extra and build some more machines? I am thinking they might.

Highly unlikely

#220 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

MESSAGE TO JJP:
    It's time to get into the marketing/pr game here... RIGHT NOW IS THE BLACK GAP for you!

I'd like to see JJP announce their next game Nintendo-style. They make carefully worded and created videos and then announce they'll be shown at XYZ time/day. Live announcements have not gone well. I don't think they work well nowadays unless you've got an easy-to-demo product.

#221 4 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

Sure as long as they have a Playfield it would be Easy now! Lol. Only need like 40,000 more spare parts laying around.

#222 4 years ago

I am excited to see GnR. Since Eric should be doing this pin, we will know if JJP is on the cost cutting train that we suspected after the Wonka release. We’ve seen what Eric can and wants to do in his designs, so if it comes up short, there is no one else to point at but greedy investors. I really hope they go back to cultivating the wow factor. I’m still loving my POTC more than anything else after my dream theme of Wonka being a letdown. I wish I could make it to TPF!

#223 4 years ago

I prefer waiting a bit longer for the release of a pin - and it works like we saw it with DI than releasing it too early like it was with the PotC.

#224 4 years ago
    Quoted from Joca:

I prefer waiting a bit longer for the release of a pin - and it works like we saw it with DI than releasing it too early like it was with the PotC.

I don't think it's an issue of being done or not... I think GNR is done and ready to go! This is really new territory for JJP they have never had a new game come out so fast after the release of the previous game. This is good news for JJP fans! However that shouldn't stop JJP for getting this game in front of people RIGHT THIS SECOND!

Look at Rick and Morty the game sells out in 7 days but they didn't ship a single game the day they revealed it! Point being its fine to go that route. I think they should STEAL the THUNDER and own the conversation for the weeks leading up to TPF. Now is the time to drop GNR and own the conversation for the next few weeks.

I personally think GNR is going to be HUGE!

I think its going to be their second biggest seller behind Wizard of Oz! Eric's last game was a HOME RUN!

Now this is just me GUESSING but here is ONE MEGA reason WHY JJP will NOT release the game UNTIL TPF!

You ready? SLASH makes an appearance at TPF to reveal the game! Wouldn't that be something? Slash btw likes going to conventions, I've actually run into him several times he just walks around like everyone else. He's really into pinball, and he helped design this game... so if that was the case I wouldn't expect to see this game until TPF because Slash will be there to help steal the show.

Now that would be a major league reason NOT to show ANYTHING until TPF!

#225 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

MESSAGE TO JJP:
    The Black Gap was a place German subs could operate without fear of airplanes attacking them. Right now is the black gap for pinball... spooky made their announcement, they sold everything. Stern released the much anticipated Stranger Things... good reason for you to hold off honestly. But wait hold the phone Stranger Things is a disaster sinking faster than the Titanic. The game is now ranked 198 on Pinside top 100... and no new game will be announced from Stern until what TPF?
    What are you waiting for? STEAL THE MOMENT... Wonka is a timeless theme, like WOZ you will be selling that game for years to come. GNR is a rock band themed game, and the biggest sellers in pinball history have mostly been rock band themed like Metallica, ACDC, etc. I would argue there is a totally different market for GNR than Willy Wonka. They're not going to compete with one another, in fact I think millions of GNR fans will have an interest in the game.
    There is a black gap right now for JJP to steal all the thunder, garner all the talk, make all the headlines especially if the game is GREAT!
    Waiting for TPF is a mistake.
    Stern will have a chance to redeem themselves, other companies might bring new games... steal the conversation NOW, and if the game is GREAT roll into TPF on top of a tidal wave.
    STRIKE NOW and release the game, you have a clear path to own the conversation rolling up to and into TPF!
    Stern struck out big league now is your chance to strike!
    Just my opinion!

This only works if they are ready to start shipping in the next 30 days

#226 4 years ago

You ready? SLASH makes an appearance at TPF to reveal the game! Wouldn't that be something? Slash btw likes going to conventions, I've actually run into him several times he just walks around like everyone else. He's really into pinball, and he helped design this game... so if that was the case I wouldn't expect to see this game until TPF because Slash will be there to help steal the show.
    Now that would be a major league reason NOT to show ANYTHING until TPF!

This would be badass if Slash announces game,play a short solo and then pull off the veil from game!

#227 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Slash btw likes going to conventions...

I mean who doesn’t, amiright?!

Considering the previous JJP convention reveals, I’d RATHER they not launch a game that way. So it over the inter webs. Contact some of the regular PR outlets. Maybe give some an exclusive etc. If possible, live stream with Slash. You’d break Twitch (well, Pinball twitch, anyway, not Fortnite Twitch).

Start planning. If Slash wants to go to TPF, that’s great, but reveal earlier and strike while the iron is hot. Do it properly and just don’t do it 10 months before shipping.

#228 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Now this is just me GUESSING but here is ONE MEGA reason WHY JJP will NOT release the game UNTIL TPF!

You ready? SLASH makes an appearance at TPF to reveal the game!

Chile on the 27th, Texas on the 28th, Argentina on the 29th? Good luck with that.

#229 4 years ago

If the game is ready they should show it before the Texas festival.Hey Jack you Eric and Slash should all come to the Louisville Expo.Build a rotating circular stage with a center divider.Lights come up enough to see stage Slash is playing welcome to the jungle intro,stage starts to rotate to reveal the new GnR pinball machine!
    Then just sharpen your pencils and start taking orders.

#230 4 years ago

I hope this game plays Hard and Fast and i really hope Slash likes the same kind of games as me, Anyone know what he has in his collection?
    I am hoping he had some kind of say in it. Eric not sure on what his Pirates is like only played a prototype of it think it was the spinning disc one and had like one game. Could anyone give me an idea what i may expect from Eric?

#231 4 years ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I hope this game plays Hard and Fast and i really hope Slash likes the same kind of games as me, Anyone know what he has in his collection?
    I am hoping he had some kind of say in it. Eric not sure on what his Pirates is like only played a prototype of it think it was the spinning disc one and had like one game. Could anyone give me an idea what i may expect from Eric?

Hard to say about finished product.I would guess if Slash had any input at all it would have been early on in the concept stage.Maybe some kind of toy or contraption and possibly art style.
    I would think it would play fast with multiple smaller loops and 3 to 4 flippers

#232 4 years ago

Speculation here. I had talked to the JJP mechanical gizmos engineer at Expo last October and asked him if any "new" contraptions were going into Eric's next game. He kind of gave an evil laugh with a smile and said that he was really excited about the mechanical gizmos and we're really going to like it. It sounds like a canned response, but he broke JJP display serious presenter posture and was genuinely showing that he thought it was going to be mechanically cool. I asked if Eric was still pushing design limits or backing off a bit. He said that Eric is not backing off by any means. He really wanted to talk about it, but of course couldn't reveal anything. I asked a few JJP people about it in general terms, even Eric just responded with a smile and said, "You're going to like it". (He knows that I REALLY like JJPOTC) I hope it's another good one that sells alot ... for Eric and the JJP team.

#233 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Speculation here. I had talked to the JJP mechanical gizmos engineer at Expo last October and asked him if any "new" contraptions were going into Eric's next game. He kind of gave an evil laugh with a smile and said that he was really excited about the mechanical gizmos and we're really going to like it. It sounds like a canned response, but he broke JJP display serious presenter posture and was genuinely showing that he thought it was going to be mechanically cool. I asked if Eric was still pushing design limits or backing off a bit. He said that Eric is not backing off by any means. He really wanted to talk about it, but of course couldn't reveal anything. I asked a few JJP people about it in general terms, even Eric just responded with a smile and said, "You're going to like it". (He knows that I REALLY like JJPOTC) I hope it's another good one that sells alot ... for Eric and the JJP team.

If it matches, yet alone surpasses POTC, lordy lordy have mercy on my bank account!!!

Nothing like Pirates, within a five year radius around it's blessed, I mean cursed arse!

#234 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

If it matches, yet alone surpasses POTC, lordy lordy have mercy on my bank account!!!
    Nothing like Pirates, within a five year radius around it's blessed, I mean cursed arse!

Yea that's why I'm not on the band wagon for it to be revealed now. I need some time to save and I hope it's not a short production like Pirates. Common lottery tickets!

#235 4 years ago

FOMO hype is ramping up! Lol

#236 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

He kind of gave an evil laugh with a smile and said that he was really excited

No idea what Eric is working on, or when we'll see it.

The guys in Chicago have been super pumped about it since MGC last year.

So I'm excited to see it when it comes out. I don't think Eric is a one trick pony. I believe he is capable of great games. Going to be an exciting future for him and us.

LTG : )

#237 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Hard to say about finished product.I would guess if Slash had any input at all it would have been early on in the concept stage.Maybe some kind of toy or contraption and possibly art style.
    I would think it would play fast with multiple smaller loops and 3 to 4 flippers

Be careful what you wish for a fast game does not have many interactive toys that make the game stop and go

#238 4 years ago

... Or it could have been released last night.

Just another evening on the road

E1AF03FB-E761-4F3C-A44D-3A1358A57A98 (resized).jpegE1AF03FB-E761-4F3C-A44D-3A1358A57A98 (resized).jpeg
    #239 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Be careful what you wish for a fast gave does not have many interactive toys that make the game stop and go

Not always true,quick loops and orbits and occasional stops for the goodies.Wonka is an example of speed and a few good toys super secret machine.

#240 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I agree as well been well over 12 months since Stern has run a full production music theme and I get people on here say they are sick of music pins.
    Facts don’t lie, they sell well and they earn well and JJP has the chance to steal the show right now.
    Rumors are next stern TmNT or Led Zepp. If it’s the later it will be a direct competitor.
    Do it now JJP!

Zep isn’t ready yet.

#241 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

No idea what Eric is working on

LMFAO

#242 4 years ago

Why ? It's true. I'm not in Chicago and can look over his shoulder.

I know what the rumors are. But in the past things can change drastically and something else pops up. We saw that twice early last year.

Only NJ JJP knows what the plans are. And I have no idea what they are until announced or unveiled.

Remember. I'm tech support. I'm the last to know.

#243 4 years ago

It’s because of JJP employees like Lloyd will never know what’s after Toy Story and GnR

#244 4 years ago

Did anybody here ever say who leaked DI POTC GnR and Toy Story?

#245 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

It’s because of JJP employees like Lloyd will never know what’s after Toy Story and GnR

More than that. I don't know where those are in the mix. If at all.

Last year everybody expected Toy Story at TPF - JJP showed WOZ Yellow Brick Road. Everybody expected Toy Story at MGC - JJP showed Willy Wonka : Where did that come from.

Things can change, like when they skipped a couple titles because they got the Hobbit license. So only JJP NJ knows what is going on and what will be next.

I read all the rumors here on Pinside like everyone else. But nothing is for certain until JJP announces it or shows it.

#246 4 years ago

Jersey Jen DID say in her email that there will be surprises this year ... ya can never be certain with pinball speculation.

#247 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

ya can never be certain with pinball speculation.

Speculation?

I thought all you folks were experts!

#248 4 years ago
    Quoted from JimWilks:

Speculation?
    I thought all you folks were experts!

Some are expert speculators ... while JJP employees probably sit back and laugh at what comes up out of nowhere.

#249 4 years ago

whatever is being done first ,I hope they release it before TPF unless it is so epic they know it will all smother all of the big news releases!

#250 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Jersey Jen DID say in her email that there will be surprises this year ... ya can never be certain with pinball speculation.

I'll bet you can be certain with Jen.

There are 1,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-jjp-announce-next-game/page/5?hl=willsmuz8999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.