Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,064 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0033 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9718 (resized).jpeg
    matrix (resized).png
    IMG_2451 (resized).png
    IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
    nX-xq0NC_400x400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2650 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).png
    19AC6A64-764B-4176-B902-1F68AC54D7CF (resized).png
    298AD8C2-82EF-4FB2-9290-7FDF822D70AA (resized).jpeg
    70CA1EFE-2F4D-4B5A-80DB-4177E4CB5647 (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 22.
    #55 4 years ago

It's funny...I started reading the comments, and I completely forgot what this thread was even about!

#56 4 years ago

I'm hoping they do a Jaws someday.

Or Goonies?

I'd pay top $ for those.

I dont think my LE Wonka is a $9500 machine but I do like seeing Gene Wilder so at this point art wins.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchild:

I'm hoping they do a Jaws someday.
    Or Goonies?
    I'd pay top $ for those.
    I dont think my LE Wonka is a $9500 machine but I do like seeing Gene Wilder so at this point art wins.

I don't think Jaws is a good theme for a rule set you need several victories as you move your way through the game. The only victory Jaws has is the end when you kill the shark that makes the games rules a fail

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

I don't think Jaws is a good theme for a rule set you need several victories as you move your way through the game. The only victory Jaws has is the end when you kill the shark that makes the games rules a fail

What if????
    You’re the shark and victories are eating people/attacking boats?

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

What if????
    You’re the shark and victories are eating people/attacking boats?

or like JP where you keep the dinos (sharks) from attacking people?

#60 4 years ago

Be nice to see a game announcement
    Before Xmas ! And a title no one expects

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

Be nice to see a game announcement
    Before Xmas ! And a title no one expects

And shipping right away, for cheaper, with better quality, and art, and complete code!
    A festivus miracle

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

I don't think Jaws is a good theme ...

Lost you after ^^

Would a Jaws theme work? Hell yeah !! Even turtles know to avoid the water when sharks are around.
    59AA8332-1B89-442B-9712-16EF99CF2105.gif59AA8332-1B89-442B-9712-16EF99CF2105.gif

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

And a title no one expects

JJP Presents: "The Spanish Inquisition"

#64 4 years ago

I can see jaws being a IM/BSD type game. Difficult and challenging yet not super deep.

With the heart of the game involving a —Find-Catch-Kill premise.

Of course other modes and tasks could easily be implemented.

Modes
    1. Everyone out of the water frenzy.
    2. Sonar/search.
    3. Build gear and items to help find/catch Jaws.
    4. Set bait to lure the shark in.
    5. Build a bigger boat.

The possibilities are really endless with some imagination.

Jaws would make an awesome pin.

#65 4 years ago

I'm surprised nobody has heard any leaks about what's after toystory. What happened to Muppets? These companies are doing better about keeping secrets suddenly.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

JJP Presents: "The Spanish Inquisition"

A Monty Python pin would be amaaaaaaaazing. Base it on any of the films, or a combination, though a "holy grail" pin would be my.... errr.... holy grail pin.

#67 4 years ago

They'll probably be busy for the next 2 years on GNR and Toy story so that's probably all planned so far. Sit back and enjoy the journey as it unfolds.

Quoted from konghusker:

I'm surprised nobody has heard any leaks about what's after toystory. What happened to Muppets? These companies are doing better about keeping secrets suddenly.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

And shipping right away, for cheaper, with better quality, and art, and complete code!
    A festivus miracle

Why is it some kind of object with complete code?
    I would Think an ever evolving, changing or addded on variations would be the way to go with modern pinball?

Take beatles for example, buyable upgrades with new songs and new play-modes.
    Once you get bored of a game, you can buy complete new rulesets and animations.
    Beeing able on upstart to choose hard-mode or easy.
    You want to play as human or t-rex?
    Etc etc etc.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

buyable upgrades with new songs and new play-modes.
    Once you get bored of a game, you can buy complete.. .

1. Buying add ons for pinball is the worst idea possible.
    2. It takes them years to finish code, now you trust them to make multiple versions of the same machine?

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

1. Buying add one for pinball is the worst idea possible.
    2. It takes them years to finish code, now you trust them to make multiple versions of the same machine?

Why just they?
    I just think it's to much money, not to have that flexibility and renewal potential.
    Ruleset, sound and animation is a big part of lastability, and all three are changable, so why not prolonger and blow new life into stale and very expensive toys?

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

Why just they?
    I just think it's to much money, not to have that flexibility and renewal potential.
    Ruleset, sound and animation is a big part of lastability, and all three are changable, so why not prolonger and blow new life into stale and very expensive toys?

The problem is that the "add ons" will very quickly just be features they cut out of the game as intended that they then sell you for more money. The video game industry has done this for years. We need to expect more (and longer support) for the existing expensive games we are buying, not encouraging new ways to pay more for less.

#72 4 years ago

I'm a huge JJP fan. I was really disappointed when the Houston arcade and Pinball expo had zero JJP games. ZERO.

I have really been wanting to play Willy Wonka. I can only hope it will be at TPF...which, by the way, I am also wishing the next JJP game will be released.
    GNR, perhaps?

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Perhaps Sharknado then.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from Adipocere:

The problem is that the "add ons" will very quickly just be features they cut out of the game as intended that they then sell you for more money. The video game industry has done this for years. We need to expect more (and longer support) for the existing expensive games we are buying, not encouraging new ways to pay more for less.

I agree and i guess my Point got lost somewhere. My Point wasn´t that code should be some kind of cash cow for the Company, but rather the aspect of renewing and the ability to keep the game fresh.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I’m pretty sure next year we will see GNR and Toy Story.What I don’t know is what comes after?
    All of the previously leaked game titles will be done

How about The Matrix? Matrix 4 is Official! Seems like the perfect timing to me

EE02336F-C870-4B33-A796-228FB39F32C0 (resized).pngEE02336F-C870-4B33-A796-228FB39F32C0 (resized).png
    #76 4 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

How about The Matrix? Matrix 4 is Official! Seems like the perfect timing to me [quoted image]

GW says Bring it on!

2 weeks later
    #77 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bowlingpin:

I can see jaws being a IM/BSD type game. Difficult and challenging yet not super deep.
    With the heart of the game involving a —Find-Catch-Kill premise.
    Of course other modes and tasks could easily be implemented.
    Modes
    1. Everyone out of the water frenzy.
    2. Sonar/search.
    3. Build gear and items to help find/catch Jaws.
    4. Set bait to lure the shark in.
    5. Build a bigger boat.
    The possibilities are really endless with some imagination.
    Jaws would make an awesome pin.

I agree.
    Told Jersey Jack Team around 3 years ago "Hey
    do a Willy Wonka old school theme."
    We'll look what happened.

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchild:

Told Jersey Jack Team around 3 years ago "Hey
    do a Willy Wonka old school theme."
    We'll look what happened.

Could you tell them we need a new Punchy The Clown please.

LTG : )

#79 4 years ago

I still think they should do The Matrix, especially now the Matrix 4 is Official. Soooo many possibilities

#80 4 years ago

I don't see 2 games a year any time soon so with GNR & Toy Story coming out in 2020/2021 it will be some time before another title comes out

#81 4 years ago

I wonder how well Willy Wonka is selling?

#82 4 years ago

I’m in CA and booked a room for Texas pinball show , I heard it’s the best show every year and getting better ! I went to expo yrs ago and I heard that gets worse every year ? I’m hoping JJP reveals its new game there . But I read that JJP was announcing 2 games this year but that ain’t gonna happen

Heavily rumored Guns N Roses !

#83 4 years ago

Next year JJP will release two games (GnR and Toy Story) the big ? Is what’s after that?

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Next year JJP will release two games (GnR and Toy Story) the big ? Is what’s after that?

Hopefully Back to the Future trilogy pinball! I can dream.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hopefully Back to the Future trilogy pinball! I can dream.

2020 will be the 35th anniversary of the first movie

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Well...I at least ask for it to #8 game...but no reply yet

20191207_165739 (resized).jpg20191207_165739 (resized).jpg
    #87 4 years ago
    Quoted from RichieWrench:

Well...I at least ask for it to #8 game...but no reply yet

The level of fun you add to pinball is amazing. Thank you !

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Next year JJP will release two games (GnR and Toy Story) the big ?

I hope you're right, their track record isn't so good in this regard

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

I hope you're right, their track record isn't so good in this regard

My guess is Eric has been on GnR
    as soon as he was done with POTC.
    I think GnR will be shown at the Texas Pinball Festival ready to start sales and production.Toy Story at the Chicago Expo and ship shortly there after.If anybody wants say what’s next send me a pm

1 week later
    #90 4 years ago

Fingers crossed for Harry Potter after the next 2. I think JJP would do this well.

It would also be awesome to see some sort of throwback game to Happy Days or something. Bright and include some music in it.

#91 4 years ago

Really looking forward to JJP GnR.
    Hoping the package is the real deal and slash doesn’t let them screw it up. Historically, JJP haven’t been great with external cab decal artwork IMHO....
    I’m hoping for proper artwork and old school music hits, kinda similar to the original.......
    Fingers crossed....

D0ED9A76-B3EA-4CA8-AA9B-8A9FB0E71E04 (resized).jpegD0ED9A76-B3EA-4CA8-AA9B-8A9FB0E71E04 (resized).jpegEC20E946-0B64-4D25-91FB-619623EA100B (resized).jpegEC20E946-0B64-4D25-91FB-619623EA100B (resized).jpeg
    #92 4 years ago

How certain are we that they’re making Toy Story?

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

How certain are we that they’re making Toy Story?

Since Willy Wonka came out of nowhere.

No idea what or if anything, is certain.

#94 4 years ago

I thought that GNR came out of nowhere

#95 4 years ago

I'm still wondering whatever happened to the Muppets rumor as well.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Really looking forward to JJP GnR.
    Hoping the package is the real deal and slash doesn’t let them screw it up. Historically, JJP haven’t been great with external cab decal artwork IMHO....
    I’m hoping for proper artwork and old school music hits, kinda similar to the original.......
    Fingers crossed....[quoted image][quoted image]

I agree 100 percent ! Hand drawn artwork especially . A Kick Ass topper
    Unlike the data east chucky cheese cake plater for $1

Hopefully at Texas show to play

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

I agree 100 percent ! Hand drawn artwork especially . A Kick Ass topper
    Unlike the data east chucky cheese cake plater for $1
    Hopefully at Texas show to play

If you see nothing at Texas you best worry

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

If you see nothing at Texas you best worry

Worry about what ?

Last year at Texas we saw YBR, and weeks later at MGC Willy Wonka.

And with others shows coming up, or flat out announcements. 2020 in looking pretty good.

#99 4 years ago

With the rumors of Slash being involved, having him at the reveal would make it great!

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Worry about what ?
    Last year at Texas we saw YBR, and weeks later at MGC Willy Wonka.
    And with others shows coming up, or flat out announcements. 2020 in looking pretty good.

Jack has always been known to reveal at shows first expo than Texas so if there were no reveal I would worry why is there no reveal

There are 1,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-jjp-announce-next-game/page/2?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.