Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,177 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Jaytech10
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3655.gif
    IMG_3548 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3540.gif
    IMG_0058 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0582 (resized).jpeg
    9218d0f3a17bc7ecdbf6edb38bcc3a85bd624a49 (resized).png
    IMG_0554 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0033 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9718 (resized).jpeg
    matrix (resized).png
    IMG_2451 (resized).png
    IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 24.
    #1101 40 days ago

So what’s the consensus… early August reveal?

#1102 39 days ago
    Quoted from Eeeek:

So what’s the consensus… early August reveal?

Potter will be at expo , so late Sept announcement I reckon

#1103 39 days ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I said it years ago once I heard they were rumored to have muppets, that they should just reskin potc to muppets treasure island. Would be better than the original potc, simpler code, full assets and hand drawn art like the movie poster.
    The only concern I would have with jjp doing it now, and I’m a huge jjp fan, would be the topper. Labyrinth set the standard on toppers. If you make a muppets pin, it HAS to have Waldorf and Statler(the 2 old guys) as the topper looking down heckling you the entire game. A flat piece of acrylic just doesn’t do it for this pin.
    It has to have that topper!!!!

Great take.

The labyrinth topper is excellent and having the two old muppet geezers taunting players, making jokes etc would give the rest of the game a head start into beeing funny and exciting.

#1104 39 days ago
    Quoted from Kelsbells:

Potter will be at expo , so late Sept announcement I reckon

But I thought Mark's game was next. Is he doing HP?

#1105 39 days ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

But I thought Mark's game was next. Is he doing HP?

No way is a new guy getting HP, and if I had to guess based on timeline and order of designers, Marks will be next and could be muppets or matrix imo.

#1106 39 days ago

Secretly hoping for Pee Wees Big Adventure…

#1107 37 days ago

With the new rumours that up next is a '3 film' or 'multi film' franchise, I'm still hoping for the Matrix 1-3, but there are plenty of surprises that could be fun (or funny depending on your tastes):
    Back to the future (imagine )
    Lord of the rings
    Any of the Star Wars trilogies
    Austin Powers 1-3 (yeah baby)
    Indiana Jones 1-3
    Die Hard 1-3
    Plenty of great options!

#1108 37 days ago
    Quoted from partlyironic:

With the new rumours that up next is a '3 film' or 'multi film' franchise, I'm still hoping for the Matrix 1-3, but there are plenty of surprises that could be fun (or funny depending on your tastes):
    Back to the future (imagine )
    Lord of the rings
    Any of the Star Wars trilogies
    Austin Powers 1-3 (yeah baby)
    Indiana Jones 1-3
    Die Hard 1-3
    Plenty of great options!

The idea of a new LotR pin is fascinating. But ultimately probably unnecessary. If Stern remakes Stern LotR with an LCD screen and IC, that would be enough. It's not like the gameplay of that pin feels particularly retro.

Compared to the 90s Indiana Jones game, where, yeah, even though it was popular like Stern LotR, pinball design is different now and maybe a new one would be interesting.

Star Wars, been there done that.

Austin Powers 1-3 would be fun but I kinda think Austin Powers has faded from cultural relevancy somewhat.

#1109 37 days ago
    Quoted from oldbaby:

The idea of a new LotR pin is fascinating. But ultimately probably unnecessary. If Stern remakes Stern LotR with an LCD screen and IC, that would be enough. It's not like the gameplay of that pin feels particularly retro.
    Compared to the 90s Indiana Jones game, where, yeah, even though it was popular like Stern LotR, pinball design is different now and maybe a new one would be interesting.
    Star Wars, been there done that.
    Austin Powers 1-3 would be fun but I kinda think Austin Powers has faded from cultural relevancy somewhat.

Any attempt at a new LotR would have to be ticking all boxes to have a chance at dethroning Stern's game - full assets including sound and video, great art, interesting/fun layout, etc. I would love to see JJP have a go at it, but it would be a very bold move going up against one of the most beloved pins of all time!

JJP Indiana Jones makes way more sense, and I'd love to see what JJP would do with that license - I'd imagine it could possibly be one of the prettiest looking games ever!

Are we sure we don't want a Star Wars prequels pin or even better, a sequels pin?

Austin Powers would legitimately be fun - would work well with JJPs light shows - but agree I think it's past its prime, can't imagine it selling well.

#1110 36 days ago
    Quoted from partlyironic:

Any attempt at a new LotR would have to be ticking all boxes to have a chance at dethroning Stern's game - full assets including sound and video, great art, interesting/fun layout, etc. I would love to see JJP have a go at it, but it would be a very bold move going up against one of the most beloved pins of all time!
    JJP Indiana Jones makes way more sense, and I'd love to see what JJP would do with that license - I'd imagine it could possibly be one of the prettiest looking games ever!
    Are we sure we don't want a Star Wars prequels pin or even better, a sequels pin?
    Austin Powers would legitimately be fun - would work well with JJPs light shows - but agree I think it's past its prime, can't imagine it selling well.

After the stern SW release, I was left wishing and dreaming that jjp would give it a try. The stern game, while it can be fun, was simply a lame SW design imo on both the playfield and the confusing code. The entire game was a let down, and felt like they phoned it in just because they knew the license would sell a ton. My dream theme, highly anticipated, and after the release I never did buy one.
    I would love to see jjp try IJ with full assets of the first 3 movies.

#1111 36 days ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

... was simply a lame SW design imo on both the playfield and the confusing code...

Which parts were confusing?

1 week later
    #1112 26 days ago

It’s easy to predict which JJP will do. Which themes are the best? HP, then Matrix, then Matrix 4 or combo, lastly Muppets. So it will probably be Muppets.

#1113 25 days ago
    IMG_0058 (resized).jpegIMG_0058 (resized).jpeg
    #1114 25 days ago

matrix would rock.. imo

#1115 25 days ago
    Quoted from pindel:

[quoted image]

...but that's their EJ announcement from last year. Hence the purple sparkles. That's an old photo from their website. Got to monitor their FB page if you want to know when HP is being announced.

#1116 25 days ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

...but that's their EJ announcement from last year.

Yes, EJ is all that pindel cares aboot if you hadn't noticed

#1117 25 days ago

N/m pindel got me with the image! Also is another one of his EJ reminders!

#1118 25 days ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

...but that's their EJ announcement from last year. Hence the purple sparkles. That's an old photo from their website. Got to monitor their FB page if you want to know when HP is being announced.

Whoops, my bad. It was on the top of the photos on their website. Most believe the next game announcement will be at expo in October. So same difference.

#1119 25 days ago

Might be sooner. Like maybe late summer. They've completed the run of whatever the CE is called now and are back to the not-CE versions. Those orders might be tapering off so a good time to wind the line down and get ready for the next game. And then bring a bunch of them to Expo.

#1120 25 days ago

Rather than a new game, I’m more interested in their IC/Scorbit equivalent they claim they are working on.

#1121 25 days ago

if you look at the iso files for the JJP games in an readme file you see this line

- Added 'jq' (requested by folks working on Pinball Connect)

#1122 25 days ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

if you look at the iso files for the JJP games in an readme file you see this line

Oh snap. I just download the iso so I’ll check I it. Pinball Connect? Let’s Go JJP!

#1123 24 days ago

Heres the README.txt output

This image directory is the updated 21.10 OS that should be used for all
    releases.

Changes from original:
    (Included in 2023-05-18 image)
    - New JJP USB driver for the topper (fixes flickering of coil-driven lamps)
    - Uninstalled PulseEffects (no longer used)
    - New JJP-specific systemd files in /etc/systemd/system
    - Allegro 5.2.8 library
    - Some extra cleanup of unneeded files. Third parition size reduced by 200MB

(Included in 2024-04-02 image)
    - New JJP USB drivers for I/O, BAG, Topper, ACC, CAB, LilyPad, Stepper
    (Adds communication error reporting; support for new boards)
    - Driver for new WiFi adapter (RTL8821CU based)
    - Added new udev rules: updated USB automount; added Stepper board symlink rules)
    - Added new system mount-generator that mounts perm partition based on current
    root partition
    - Updated fstab to match new mount-generator
    - Added 'dosfstools' (provides fsck.fat, and fatlabel)
    - Added 'lsof' (needed to perform kernel/OS upgrade)

(Included in 2024-04-04 image)
    - NOTE: The 'sda1' and 'sda2' images are copied from the 2023-05-18 image.
    It is necessary to use identical images for now because the kernel
    cannot be updated until 'lsof' has been installed on all machines.

#1124 24 days ago

JQ could be a reference to JQ programming. Still sifting through. Most of the big files on the ISO are split images and so far haven't been able to extract/view them. Interesting it says "requested by folks" most likely referring to a third party who is working on this.

https://jqlang.github.io/jq/manual/

#1125 24 days ago

jq can format txt output as well.

but if useing JQ cli then needs to run as an app on the local system.

Maybe the basic Linux OS is some what sandboxed on that system and needs to have the OS image team add packages that can't be done with just game code updates.

also no lsof in older images?

Note how none of this is in the main game update notes.

#1126 24 days ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

JQ could be a reference to JQ programming. Still sifting through. Most of the big files on the ISO are split images and so far haven't been able to extract/view them. Interesting it says "requested by folks" most likely referring to a third party who is working on this.
    https://jqlang.github.io/jq/manual/

they are clonezilla disk images.

#1127 24 days ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

they are clonezilla disk images.

So can they be opened/viewed with Clonezilla or am I gonna run into encryption?

#1128 23 days ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Note how none of this is in the main game update notes.

JJP humor is the best.
    My favorite ever in the release notes to date is
    "Updated the updater"

#1129 23 days ago

So no Matrix???

#1130 23 days ago

never was going to be the matrix next

#1131 20 days ago

My moneys on the new designer, releasing the muppets

#1133 20 days ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I hope it’s Muppets! Great way to save 12-15K!

#1134 19 days ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Everyone seems to be agreeing that sales are down significantly for the manufacturers. There is some logic to moving up whatever sure thing’s they might have in the pipeline, no? Jersey Jack isn’t Stern… They don’t have a way to cover up a dud with another cornerstone coming out every few months. They seem to be expecting to live off of one title for a year. Is there enough meat on a Muppets carcass to feed them for a year in a slow market?

#1135 19 days ago

They're still selling other titles

#1136 19 days ago
    Quoted from FutureEcho:

There is some logic to moving up whatever sure thing’s they might have in the pipeline,

There is no sure thing. You don't know until it hits the streets.

Williams didn't plan close outs.

Pinball manufacturers have their work cut out for them these days. I wish them all the best in their decisions.

LTG : )

#1137 19 days ago
    Quoted from FutureEcho:

Everyone seems to be agreeing that sales are down significantly for the manufacturers. There is some logic to moving up whatever sure thing’s they might have in the pipeline, no? Jersey Jack isn’t Stern… They don’t have a way to cover up a dud with another cornerstone coming out every few months. They seem to be expecting to live off of one title for a year. Is there enough meat on a Muppets carcass to feed them for a year in a slow market?

I would argue that a ton of people said Elton wouldn’t sell, and even a ton of people argued that gnr was a bad theme since one was already made. I believe both of these titles exceeded their respective sales predictions. If muppets is done right, it could be a great game. Just my opinion

#1138 19 days ago
    Quoted from FutureEcho:

they all have games in the pipe but how ready is the
    software? JJP is better at launch but with long gaps for updates. Stern missing stuff at launch and then quick fire updates leading up to the games being mostly done at the 1-2 year out mark.
    parts chain?
    hardware?

#1139 19 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

There is no sure thing.

There’s always an exception

IMG_3548 (resized).jpegIMG_3548 (resized).jpeg
    #1140 19 days ago

Please take the The Ultimate Pinball Theme Survey (2024):
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-ultimate-pinball-theme-survey-2024

Note that the options are alphabetical from left to right (not top to bottom) if you are viewing on a computer. Not my fault.

#1141 19 days ago

It's all your fault.

#1142 18 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

There is no sure thing. You don't know until it hits the streets.
    Williams didn't plan close outs.
    Pinball manufacturers have their work cut out for them these days. I wish them all the best in their decisions.
    LTG : )

I guess that's true. Rumor is that space is the number one reason given for why people aren't buying more machines. I think that's why Stern tried to find a new market with their home pins but they would have needed to build those things in China to be able to sell them for $1,995 in order to truly grow the market. Being slightly less expensive than a Pro really didn't get them cheap enough to entice anyone outside the hobby but their MDF boxes and poor fit and finish turned off anyone serious. Even a sure thing like HP still requires space. Even if you have a machine you are ready to let go of, someone else needs to have space to take it off your hands...

#1143 14 days ago

Maybe it is Frozen. You have to “warm up to the theme”.

They work with Disney often. It could be cool!!

I would consider one. My 3 girls would love the theme for sure!!

Richard

#1144 11 days ago

Any updates on Pinball Connect?

#1145 11 days ago
    Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Maybe it is Frozen. You have to “warm up to the theme”.
    They work with Disney often. It could be cool!!
    I would consider one. My 3 girls would love the theme for sure!!
    Richard

If they do another disney cartoon game, let it be coco or monsters inc.

#1146 11 days ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

If they do another disney cartoon game, let it be coco or monsters inc.

Dayglo Coco

#1147 11 days ago

The reveal promo is ready to go! Early August reveal for sure!

#1148 11 days ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

No way is a new guy getting HP, and if I had to guess based on timeline and order of designers, Marks will be next and could be muppets or matrix imo.

Neither.

#1149 10 days ago

Since your kind of new to Pinside why don’t you give us your opinion on what the next game is.

#1150 10 days ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Since your kind of new to Pinside why don’t you give us your opinion on what the next game is.

The next game is going to be very popular/high demand.

There are 1,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.