Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,033 posts
  • 244 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 minutes ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

matrix (resized).png
    IMG_2451 (resized).png
    IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
    nX-xq0NC_400x400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2650 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).png
    19AC6A64-764B-4176-B902-1F68AC54D7CF (resized).png
    298AD8C2-82EF-4FB2-9290-7FDF822D70AA (resized).jpeg
    70CA1EFE-2F4D-4B5A-80DB-4177E4CB5647 (resized).jpeg
    733F9956-AE63-49D4-BB84-BF0EE69D2285 (resized).jpeg
    2CE4CA3A-1236-4FD2-813B-7D4F7440BC61 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.
    #1001 4 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I don't see jjp remaking it. New place isn't set up for wide bodies, and was their most difficult game to manufacture. Tech support was up a bit, maybe because of some manufacturing issues like too tight a harness under the black pearl. No where near the WOZ light board tech issues, or USB updates when ever a new up date came out. People often messed that up. WiFi updating really helped with that.
    Now I did bash the Big Lebowski when it was coming out in one of my seminars at Expo. Someone asked what I thought of it and I said I thought it sucked.
    I wasn't referring to title or game play. I was referring to when they had two games at Expo and two games at TPF, the first time. Both games were dead in the water after a half hour for the duration of the show.
    My comment was that I thought a game that cost $10K ( at that time ) and didn't last a half hour, sucked. Heaven help anyone that bought one then.
    LTG : )

Any thoughts on JJP making The Matrix?

#1002 4 months ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

Any thoughts on JJP making The Matrix?

Only thing I'm hoping for is a PTCR and a Stern Pinball Alley sign.

As far as the Matrix. jjp could ( if they don't take shortcuts ) knock it out of the park. They'd be the best company to do it justice.

And as always, I wish everyone at some point could get their favorite idea produced.

#1003 4 months ago

Would be epic

IMG_1322 (resized).jpegIMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    #1004 4 months ago

If you know you know

IMG_5685 (resized).jpegIMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    4 months later
    #1005 2 days ago

I know EJ was recently released but is there an expectation for another JJP game to be announced or released again this year? Or are they normally on a one per year cycle?

I wouldn’t mind diversifying my collection by adding another JJP. Was considering Godfather but would only do so if I know the code will be finished.

Also, in terms of next JJP game are the strongest rumors either the Matrix or a Harry Potter without full assets? Not sure how well HP would do without the full integration of all their movies.

#1006 47 hours ago
    Quoted from briyau15:

I know EJ was recently released but is there an expectation for another JJP game to be announced or released again this year? Or are they normally on a one per year cycle?
    I wouldn’t mind diversifying my collection by adding another JJP. Was considering Godfather but would only do so if I know the code will be finished.
    Also, in terms of next JJP game are the strongest rumors either the Matrix or a Harry Potter without full assets? Not sure how well HP would do without the full integration of all their movies.

Jurassic Park did just fine

#1007 47 hours ago

Matrix and HP next not sure in what order, probably summer for announcement of one of those to give EJ a chance to build word of mouth momentum. last I heard was HP would be based on the films and not generic hogwarts which would be great , think Eric Meunier on HP and Mark Seiden on Matrix for his first game as designer

#1008 47 hours ago

I'd pivot from Stern for a JJP game if it was Harry Potter. I'm sure the game would be a magical experience

#1009 47 hours ago

When HP comes I hope they base it more on first few films, moving staircases, quidditch etc rather than the last films which are more serious/darker

#1010 47 hours ago
    Quoted from ZombiePartie:

Jurassic Park did just fine

I’m running the movie code on my JP. I came upon one on location that didn’t have the code and can’t imagine ever reverting back to a stock code as to me it greatly enhances the gameplay and integration.

Im not discounting the ability to create a great game without full assets but if it were say, HP without the main characters and cast then I think that will go a long way in capturing market, otherwise it would have to create a machine that would do well regardless of desired theme (ala Godzilla).

#1011 47 hours ago

Regardless of the assets the Harry Potter game will be the best selling JJP ever. I wouldn't be surprised at a price rise either... hopefully not!

I actually don't think it's a necessity to have the movie assets, that would be great, but the Hogwarts Legacy video game outsold Call of Duty with 22 million copies, people just want to be in that world.

A pinball machine where you play a new student, choose your Hogwarts house like you choose your family in Godfather (or even do a quick 3 question multiple choice quiz before starting the game to be "sorted") and progress though classes, finding secret passages, start a quidditch game etc. I believe would be just as successful as a Harry Potter movie pin.

Not to get too dreamy, but it would be an amazing opportunity to launch JJP's version of Insider Connected so you can take your Hogwarts house and progress in classes to other machines! I don't think there's any denying it's where pinball is headed. People seem to want deep rule sets and progression that carries over.

#1012 47 hours ago
    Quoted from PhantomTilt:

Regardless of the assets the Harry Potter game will be the best selling JJP ever. I wouldn't be surprised at a price rise either... hopefully not!
    I actually don't think it's a necessity to have the movie assets, that would be great, but the Hogwarts Legacy video game outsold Call of Duty with 22 million copies, people just want to be in that world.
    A pinball machine where you play a new student, choose your Hogwarts house like you choose your family in Godfather (or even do a quick 3 question multiple choice quiz before starting the game to be "sorted") and progress though classes, finding secret passages, start a quidditch game etc. I believe would be just as successful as a Harry Potter movie pin.
    Not to get too dreamy, but it would be an amazing opportunity to launch JJP's version of Insider Connected so you can take your Hogwarts house and progress in classes to other machines! I don't think there's any denying it's where pinball is headed. People seem to want deep rule sets and progression that carries over.

I agree, HP doesn’t need movie assets. Games like BTTF, or The Big Lebowski absolutely need assets

#1013 46 hours ago
    Quoted from Kelsbells:

Matrix and HP next not sure in what order, probably summer for announcement of one of those to give EJ a chance to build word of mouth momentum. last I heard was HP would be based on the films and not generic hogwarts which would be great , think Eric Meunier on HP and Mark Seiden on Matrix for his first game as designer

I think Harry Potter is coming after whatever they reveal next. Not a solid lead but just what I could glean from comments people who seem to know have made. So probably very late 2024, early 2025. Meunier and co. on Harry Potter is a must. They need to bring that Godfather level mentality on ball paths and code depth.

If I was JJP and IF it's ready I'd actually get HP out as soon as I could because I'm afraid that people are holding off and waiting for what they know is coming. That money stays tied up with each release that isn't Harry Potter.

#1014 46 hours ago

Assuming Eric is on HP and assuming POTC and GF codes don’t get updated, would we think there may be a sales impact knowing that the game at release may not have or ever get a final wizard? That (plus the current pricing but I don’t want to make this a pricing discussion) would make me hesitant to purchase NIB and instead wait a while until after release to consider.

#1015 45 hours ago
    Quoted from briyau15:

Elton John release was already back in October 2023.
    https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2023/10/19/elton-john-pinball-revealed/

So yes, we can expect a new game reveal for Chicago Expo at the latest. Late summer would be nice though.

EJ CE games are just now being built/shipped, so I don't expect to see a new game at TPF.

#1016 45 hours ago
    Quoted from ZombiePartie:

I agree, HP doesn’t need movie assets. Games like BTTF, or The Big Lebowski absolutely need assets

The Matrix absolutely needs movie assets

#1017 45 hours ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Elton John release was already back in October 2023.
    https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2023/10/19/elton-john-pinball-revealed/
    So yes, we can expect a new game reveal for Chicago Expo at the latest. Late summer would be nice though.
    EJ CE games are just now being built/shipped, so I don't expect to see a new game at TPF.

So much for The Matrix never being done!

#1018 45 hours ago
    Quoted from briyau15:

Assuming Eric is on HP and assuming POTC and GF codes don’t get updated, would we think there may be a sales impact knowing that the game at release may not have or ever get a final wizard? That (plus the current pricing but I don’t want to make this a pricing discussion) would make me hesitant to purchase NIB and instead wait a while until after release to consider.

Personally this has held me back from swinging for a JJP. For the price of machines, I would expect all code to be polished/modes in/finished.

#1019 44 hours ago

No rumor love for Top Gun???

#1020 44 hours ago

Eric's Top Gun.

Standard width. Wide open. Faster than greased lightening. Flippers so strong they'll dent the back wall of the playfield. Get ready for the ride of your life.

Disclaimer. I have no idea. Just thought it would be cool.

#1021 44 hours ago
    Quoted from precisionk:

Personally this has held me back from swinging for a JJP. For the price of machines, I would expect all code to be polished/modes in/finished.

Games where Joe Katz is the lead on (Wonka, Toy Story, and now Elton John) are all complete and fairly well polished.

Pirates, GNR, and Godfather are all either not complete (Pirates and Godfather are missing final wizard modes) or left unpolished (GNR owners waiting for score balancing) for years on end. Why?

#1022 43 hours ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

(GNR owners waiting for score balancing) for years on end. Why?

Keith is currently working on GNR score balancing ... he has stated in the beta group last week. Maybe even on Patience pun intended.

#1023 42 hours ago
    Quoted from PhantomTilt:

and send the game to the single player only realm for major tournament play unless they allow repicks.

#1024 42 hours ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Keith is currently working on GNR score balancing ... he has stated in the beta group last week. Maybe even on Patience pun intended.

Thank goodness!

#1025 38 hours ago
    IMG_2451 (resized).pngIMG_2451 (resized).png
    #1026 38 hours ago
    Quoted from deceptibum:

No rumor love for Top Gun???

Not here. You have to go to the Stern thread for that request.

#1027 36 hours ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Games where Joe Katz is the lead on (Wonka, Toy Story, and now Elton John) are all complete and fairly well polished.
    Pirates, GNR, and Godfather are all either not complete (Pirates and Godfather are missing final wizard modes) or left unpolished (GNR owners waiting for score balancing) for years on end. Why?

I heard GnR score balancing is in the works and Jack personally told me that POTC will get done but to timing, he could not say.

#1028 32 hours ago

matrix (resized).pngmatrix (resized).png

#1029 31 hours ago

I hope it is not another Eric Meunier game on HP lets see Steve Ritchie on HP

#1030 11 hours ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Eric's Top Gun.
    Standard width. Wide open. Faster than greased lightening. Flippers so strong they'll dent the back wall of the playfield. Get ready for the ride of your life.
    Disclaimer. I have no idea. Just thought it would be cool.

Steve Ritchie on Top Gun!

#1031 11 hours ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Is it Keefer or Ted Estes finishing code for GnR?I think Ted is batting clean up while Keith is working on a Jacked In for JJP.

#1032 1 hour ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Is it Keefer or Ted Estes finishing code for GnR?I think Ted is batting clean up while Keith is working on a Jacked In for JJP.

It was Keith that said that he was working on score balancing. Sometimes they team up to concur stuff, so it might not be just him.

#1033 5 minutes ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

It was Keith that said that he was working on score balancing. Sometimes they team up to concur stuff, so it might not be just him.

I’m just glad someone at JJP is working on it!GnR is an awesome game that deserves the best code possible.Its been a mistake to let this title just depreciate the way it has.I still have faith that they’ll do it justice.New flippers with new code is dyn-o- mite!!

There are 1,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-jjp-announce-next-game/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.