Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,064 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0033 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9718 (resized).jpeg
    matrix (resized).png
    IMG_2451 (resized).png
    IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
    nX-xq0NC_400x400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2650 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).png
    19AC6A64-764B-4176-B902-1F68AC54D7CF (resized).png
    298AD8C2-82EF-4FB2-9290-7FDF822D70AA (resized).jpeg
    70CA1EFE-2F4D-4B5A-80DB-4177E4CB5647 (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 22.
    #801 1 year ago

So Pirates, GNR, now Elton John? What’s JJP’s deal with recycling themes? Pick something that hasn’t been done yet, like Toy Story parts 1-3…

#802 1 year ago

Honestly I’d be happy with muppets, matrix or whatever. I think they do the best job with creating a world under glass. With that said I’d love a wutang 36 chambers pinball. It would never happen, but a king fu pin beyond the 1-2 we already have that I’m not particularly fond of would be an instant buy.

#803 1 year ago

It really doesn’t matter what the theme is if Eric is making it. He is a great designer and will do a great job. Personally Im hoping for anything other than a music pin.

#804 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blu:

Honestly I’d be happy with muppets, matrix or whatever. I think they do the best job with creating a world under glass. With that said I’d love a wutang 36 chambers pinball. It would never happen, but a king fu pin beyond the 1-2 we already have that I’m not particularly fond of would be an instant buy.

Muppet would be cool. especially the 2 old guys in a game would be cool. but the muppets rehashed tv shows have bombed time and time again. they are deader than star trek. i had to say that.

#805 1 year ago

Someone get Eric in touch with Pink Floyd and make an amazing Classic Rock pin!

3 months later
    #806 1 year ago

Couldn’t find any other thread for the next JJP that wasn’t 3-5 years old.

Are there any solid rumours on the next JJP? Elton John and Avatar are what I’ve heard along with a potential racing theme.

#807 1 year ago

Maybe Boy Story

#808 1 year ago

Love to see a south park remake..but Jack said he will only make family friendly games

#809 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

So Pirates, GNR, now Elton John? What’s JJP’s deal with recycling themes? Pick something that hasn’t been done yet, like Toy Story parts 1-3…

Lol count the recycled themes stern did?

#810 1 year ago

I know its not "family friendly" per se, but I would love to Slap Shot!

#811 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtp78:

Love to see a south park remake..but Jack said he will only make family friendly games

Jack was forced to sell his company from a law suit. So the millionaires that bought it went in a different direction. Gnr has bad language. Rotate One family and one adult theme. Next one is probably godfather and then Richie's theme

#812 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaytech10:

Jack was forced to sell his company from a law suit. So the millionaires that bought it went in a different direction. Gnr has bad language. Rotate One family and one adult theme. Next one is probably godfather and then Richie's theme

Godfather? I was hoping that rumour was untrue, I love godfather 1 & 2 but I just don’t see them translating to pinball and being all that fun.

Ritchie could be doing Avatar or a driving theme based on other rumours?

#813 1 year ago

Godfather is next - take it to the bank

#814 1 year ago

I was really hoping for Avatar, I think they can do a great job with that. Godfather will not make it in my house. Its a damn shame because I really want a new JJP, my family really enjoys JJPs WOZ and we were hoping the new one would be Toy Story before the whole price thing killed it.

#815 1 year ago

If you like WOZ, find a Hobbit!

Quoted from Ivanhoe:

I was really hoping for Avatar, I think they can do a great job with that. Godfather will not make it in my house. Its a damn shame because I really want a new JJP, my family really enjoys JJPs WOZ and we were hoping the new one would be Toy Story before the whole price thing killed it.

#816 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ivanhoe:

my family really enjoys JJPs WOZ and we were hoping the new one would be Toy Story before the whole price thing killed it.

Regardless what the new title is, do you really believe the new pricing structure won’t follow? Bet it will…

#817 1 year ago

Ritchie is working on something but I promise someone not to say. But Ritchie want to use more controlled rgb stern wouldn't let him.

#818 1 year ago

JJP needs one more designer to put them at 4 and more mechs creating engineers. They have the right amount of coders. Need more of the first 2 if they want to come out with more than 1 every year or 2.

#819 1 year ago

I thought there were 4?

Eric M, Steve R, Pat L, Mark S.

Did somebody leave?

#820 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaytech10:

JJP needs one more designer to put them at 4 and more mechs creating engineers. They have the right amount of coders. Need more of the first 2 if they want to come out with more than 1 every year or 2.

What do you need more designers for when you can't manufacturer? With three designers the third designer has a minimum of three years to design a game before his/her design is needed. This is assuming JJP releases a game every 18 months, which is not what history shows!

Pat L. last I heard his contract was not renewed and he was to retire but Jack said on a podcast, at the time, Pat hadn't made a decision.

1 week later
    #821 1 year ago
    Quoted from meSz:

What do you need more designers for when you can't manufacturer? With three designers the third designer has a minimum of three years to design a game before his/her design is needed. This is assuming JJP releases a game every 18 months, which is not what history shows!

Pat L. last I heard his contract was not renewed and he was to retire but Jack said on a podcast, at the time, Pat hadn't made a decision.

JJP problem is they need to have a bigger licensing team. That's probably why stern can put out 3 a year. Stern probably get proposals for 9 themes at a time and pick the best cheap, middle and high end ones. Manufacturing is not the problem with JJP.

2 weeks later
    #822 1 year ago

I like the response jjp gave me here!! They liked it too

EC53DBDD-199F-498A-A830-B0473C3864BA (resized).pngEC53DBDD-199F-498A-A830-B0473C3864BA (resized).png
    #823 1 year ago

That would be devastating to those who paid 20+ for the ones they own now

#824 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Not if a rerun never happens.

I wish there would be another run. But "interesting idea" doesn't guarantee it.

LTG : )

#825 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Would be amazing

#826 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Not if a rerun never happens.
    I wish there would be another run. But "interesting idea" doesn't guarantee it.

Same. Hoping they do another run. Would easily sell out if price was reasonable. Either way, it would definitely be a lot less than current huo market prices. While no guarantee they do it, I strongly believe it’s on the table and will happen.

#827 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Yet would be fantastic for fans that want one and not willing to pay the ridiculous current asking price.

#828 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

No it won't. It will cost 20k when it comes out.

#829 1 year ago

They had a teaser at the factory tour of Peewee herman. I'm personally hoping its a joke, but can't think of why they would want to do a false teaser.

#830 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crumbalimb:

but can't think of why they would want to do a false teaser.

So nobody accidentally guesses what the next or future games will be ?

Keep their brand talked about but all speculation.

#831 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

No it won't. It will cost 20k when it comes out.

Nah, it would be $15k at most. More supply in the market brings down the prices. Look at TS4 CE. There are nib games already dropping in price because demand isn’t there. Not to mention watching the potc games at $20k plus sitting for sale now, and some for months says market st those prices isn’t what it was. Too many better games at half the price are available now. JJP at 15k would probably sell out, but higher and they will be a slow sale

1 week later
    #833 1 year ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Same. Hoping they do another run. Would easily sell out if price was reasonable. Either way, it would definitely be a lot less than current huo market prices. While no guarantee they do it, I strongly believe it’s on the table and will happen.

A reskin of pirates to a new theme would be an interesting option

And if they are going back they might as will BRING BACK LTG!!!!!!!! Please

2 weeks later
    #834 1 year ago

Spoke with Ken Cromwell at Freeplay Orlando. They have several games nearing end of design and ready for production. It sounds like they have enough designers on board to get them the breathing room they needed to get ahead of production at least until Pat Lawlor does retire officially. He said 3 games near production ready and 2 in design phase, so that is great to hear. Expectations of announcement of the next game early 2023, and another for end of 2023. Also said the factory has moved to two full production lines so that would be an upgrade from the 55 and 10 per week lines, expected to both at 55 per week. Production is on TSLE atm for overseas markets and then back to finish USA orders. Looks like the 2 per year release is coming to fruition.

I asked about POTC reboot and he said it wasn't out of consideration. Since Disney is working to patch up Johnny Depp relationship and bring back Captain Jack Sparrow, the license would be available to be renewed. It wasn't something that was set in stone, but it was something they would look at based on demand for a special edition. It likely wouldn't be a huge run but it would lower pricing for aftermarket a fair amount.

I poked and prodded for a hint at the new release but got nothing.

#835 1 year ago
    Quoted from Furio:

Spoke with Ken Cromwell at Freeplay Orlando. They have several games nearing end of design and ready for production. It sounds like they have enough designers on board to get them the breathing room they needed to get ahead of production at least until Pat Lawlor does retire officially. He said 3 games near production ready and 2 in design phase, so that is great to hear. Expectations of announcement of the next game early 2023, and another for end of 2023. Also said the factory has moved to two full production lines so that would be an upgrade from the 55 and 10 per week lines, expected to both at 55 per week. Production is on TSLE atm for overseas markets and then back to finish USA orders. Looks like the 2 per year release is coming to fruition.
    I asked about POTC reboot and he said it wasn't out of consideration. Since Disney is working to patch up Johnny Depp relationship and bring back Captain Jack Sparrow, the license would be available to be renewed. It wasn't something that was set in stone, but it was something they would look at based on demand for a special edition. It likely wouldn't be a huge run but it would lower pricing for aftermarket a fair amount.

I believe the first 7 words you typed. The rest, well.....

#836 1 year ago
    Quoted from Furio:

They are told not to say potc is done to keep people interested. Wide body pins probably won't be made again. I just want them to finish the code.

#837 1 year ago

With Wonka and Wizard of Oz as prior successful themes, someday they should do Alice in Wonderland.

#838 1 year ago
    Quoted from dboeren:

With Wonka and Wizard of Oz as prior successful themes, someday they should do Alice in Wonderland.

I agree. I always thought themes to fit jjp would be Alice in wonderland, princess bride, never ending story, labyrinth, and goonies

#839 1 year ago

Too bad the new Pirates movies in production were canceled. I doubt there is much hope left now. Plus Johnny is turning 60.

#840 1 year ago
    Quoted from demandecan55:

Too bad the new Pirates movies in production were canceled. I doubt there is much hope left now. Plus Johnny is turning 60.

They canceled the female reboot because they made amends with Johnny.

#841 1 year ago
    Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I believe the first 7 words you typed. The rest, well.....

You can believe the whole first paragraph as it's the same BS JJP has been spewing every year. Next year the paragraph will be true again, just change the year to 2024.

#842 1 year ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

They canceled the female reboot because they made amends with Johnny.

They did? I don't think an olive branch has even been extended, let alone a deal struck. The new movie was cancelled, tho.

#843 1 year ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

They did? I don't think an olive branch has even been extended, let alone a deal struck. The new movie was cancelled, tho.

Disney reportedly offered a 300 mil deal for Depp to return but Depp, at this time, has not accepted the offer.

Depp had been reported to say he would never play the role again but he's had a lot of financial issues and, apparently, other offers aren't out there so not sure how he can turn it down.

Other thing to consider is Iger is back at Disney. Maybe this has Depp re-considering the role now and part of the reason the new movie was shelved.

Not saying anything above is right or wrong, just some things I read that got me thinking.

Now for the real reason the new movie was shelved is due to JJP is going to remake POTC

#844 1 year ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Disney reportedly offered a 300 mil deal for Depp to return but Depp, at this time, has not accepted the offer.
    Depp had been reported to say he would never play the role again but he's had a lot of financial issues and, apparently, other offers aren't out there so not sure how he can turn it down.
    Other thing to consider is Iger is back at Disney. Maybe this has Depp re-considering the role now and part of the reason the new movie was shelved.
    Not saying anything above is right or wrong, just some things I read that got me thinking.
    Now for the real reason the new movie was shelved is due to JJP is going to remake POTC

That seems to be just some click-bait type rumors that are tagged onto articles about the cancellation. It's pure speculation, but anything is possible.

#845 1 year ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I agree. I always thought themes to fit jjp would be Alice in wonderland, princess bride, never ending story, labyrinth, and goonies

Those are some good ones too - a Princess Bride pinball would be awesome. Have an Andre the giant toy where you hit it to make it turn around and then the ball can magnetically lock onto his back. Then you play a mode to try to choke him out and if you succeed it releases and you get a 2-ball multiball

#846 1 year ago

New rumor is that Pirates code is coming out of beta in 2028. Next GNR code update 2032, Toy Story 2.0 update in 2036.

A Wizard of Oz 100 year anniversary edition for $30k, double sparkle playfield, monkey mech is back but no spinning house mech this time, is rumored for 2039.

#847 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

New rumor is that Pirates code is coming out of beta in 2028. Next GNR code update 2032, Toy Story 2.0 update in 2036.
    A Wizard of Oz 100 year anniversary edition for $30k, double sparkle playfield, monkey mech is back but no spinning house mech this time, is rumored for 2039.

A bit lofty on your estimations, I think.

#848 1 year ago

i hope they announce soon , its dividend season

#849 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol can’t wait.

#850 1 year ago

Jack still has a peice of his company still and he is involved with what's going on.

There are 1,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-jjp-announce-next-game/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.