Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,064 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0033 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9718 (resized).jpeg
    matrix (resized).png
    IMG_2451 (resized).png
    IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
    nX-xq0NC_400x400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2650 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).png
    19AC6A64-764B-4176-B902-1F68AC54D7CF (resized).png
    298AD8C2-82EF-4FB2-9290-7FDF822D70AA (resized).jpeg
    70CA1EFE-2F4D-4B5A-80DB-4177E4CB5647 (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 22.
    #701 3 years ago

when will they be done building the very last GNR CE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 week later
    #702 3 years ago

Why you guys talking about Avatar rumours?
    When Avatar 2 movie is supposed to come out?

1 week later
    #703 3 years ago

Avatar is Eric’s next I’d bet my last dollar .Toy story then a quick turn around between the 2nd n 3rd movies .I’m already saving for a CE!!! Book it !!!!

#704 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Avatar is Eric’s next I’d bet my last dollar .Toy story then a quick turn around between the 2nd n 3rd movies .I’m already saving for a CE!!! Book it !!!!

I thought there was an interview with Jack and he said that Eric’s next game was one that had not been done before since POTC and GNR were? At least I thought that’s what I remember hearing a while ago but could be wrong of course. Anyone else remember that or am I making that up?

#705 3 years ago
    Quoted from Galooch:

I thought there was an interview with Jack and he said that Eric’s next game was one that had not been done before since POTC and GNR were? At least I thought that’s what I remember hearing a while ago but could be wrong of course. Anyone else remember that or am I making that up?

I heard that podcast interview. Jack was trying to be clear that Eric's next pin theme hasn't been done before. It's something new.

#706 3 years ago

If the pin is based on the next Avatar movie, not the original, technically it would be something new.

#707 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

If the pin is based on the next Avatar movie, not the original, technically it would be something new.

So when Avatar 2 movie is coming out?

#708 3 years ago

It's going to be Toy Story, no doubt.

#709 3 years ago

I'm believing next game announcement will be at/near Pinball Expo (Chicago) if happens at all in 2021.

#710 3 years ago

*post deleted*

guess not

#711 3 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

So when Avatar 2 movie is coming out?

December 16th, 2022

Quoted from GravitaR:

I'm believing next game announcement will be at/near Pinball Expo (Chicago) if happens at all in 2021.

I agree. Either Expo or Midwest Gaming Classic.
    By then most of the GnR LE's will be made, and hoping (fingers crossed) they will have a second line ready for JJP#7.

#712 3 years ago

Any date for Pinball expo?

Obviously, next jjp wouldn’t be Avatar if the movie is only end of 2022

#713 3 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Any date for Pinball expo?
    Obviously, next jjp wouldn’t be Avatar if the movie is only end of 2022

As of now...
    Pinball Expo 21'
    Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center in Schaumburg, Illinois on October 27-30, 2021

#714 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mrtattooz:

Well it appears you were dead wrong on that one.

Yep, they got it right for once. And I'm happy for them that they did! Very good for JJP and for pinball.

I will say though that my advice about defective playfields still applied to the initial GNR release, unfortunately.

#715 3 years ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

It's going to be Toy Story, no doubt.

Yup...I think the general assumption that Toy Story is the next JJP table and is Pat Lawlor’s. I think the previous reply was specifically about Eric’s next game.

#716 3 years ago
    Quoted from Galooch:

Yup...I think the general assumption that Toy Story is the next JJP table and is Pat Lawlor’s. I think the previous reply was specifically about Eric’s next game.

There has always been that rumor that Toy Story will be a re-theme of Dialed In. Anyone believe that?

I could totally see that sliding bob/lightning guy being Buzz Lightyear

#717 3 years ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

There has always been that rumor that Toy Story will be a re-theme of Dialed In. Anyone believe that?

No.

LTG : )

#718 3 years ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

You're confusing "what if" and "I want" as a true rumor.

#719 3 years ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I could totally see that sliding bob/lightning guy being Buzz Lightyear

JJP doing an cheap stern re theme maybe not unless they do an very adult game like family guy or do an very USA like nascar or NFL.
    That needs an re theme to sell in other markets.

3 months later
    #720 2 years ago

It's been confirmed that it will be Toy Story and it will not be a Dialed In playfield. Prototype is being done now and look for deposit time around end of summer beginning of fall.

#721 2 years ago

Look these are the things... as I know some things haha

Small body pinball for the line as they also building the GNR as they have a 1 year backlog (100%)

It will be a licensed movie theme 100% (toy story, you all say well I’m not 100 % sure)

Designer is pat lawler ( 100%)

Game will not be build/announced before 2022

They are struggling to build games as it is. They have no rush to build another title they can’t produce in time

JJP is in no rush

Ehmmm and yes MIRCO is doing the playfields again

1 month later
    #722 2 years ago
    Quoted from Galooch:

I heard it’s coming!!!!

12F8DEE9-FCFB-4EF9-AFF5-C8129D0D631A (resized).jpeg12F8DEE9-FCFB-4EF9-AFF5-C8129D0D631A (resized).jpeg

1 month later
    #723 2 years ago

Dealers have GNR Le’s in stock

They are doing another run of Wonka LE’s that are expected to ship before Christmas.

Could we get a reveal before the end of the year?

It has to be Toy Story. Right?

#724 2 years ago
    Quoted from AMSNL:

Ehmmm and yes MIRCO is doing the playfields again

Then it really doesnt matter wich theme it is.
    Easy pass.

#725 2 years ago

Like Toy story. are you like 10 Yo ?
    Wonka Was a kiddie pin Why have 2 ?
    like Kiddies can foot the 7k-12k price of a JJP game .lol

#726 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

I am in for Toy Story - great movie and designer. I own Wonka, GNR, Big Lebowski, etc. I am comfortable enough in my masculinity to make my selections based on the game and its designer.

#727 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

Anyone outside of the pinball hobby thinks the same of any of your games that you have.

#728 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

Saying the Wonka is like Toy Story is pretty much the same as saying that Led Zeppelin is the same as AC/DC…. Both are old man rock bands.

In terms of the licensing world… Toy Story isn’t even on the same planet as Wonka.

#729 2 years ago

Wonka was toy story. That was the layout but due to time and license issues at that time and money the re themed it to wonka. So now they have pat and Steve to do the new game

#730 2 years ago

Toy Story is a top 20 selling IP of all time, and people of all ages (including myself) have no shame indulging in it.

#731 2 years ago

42 year old grown ass man here, and I can’t wait for toy story!!!! Deal with it

#732 2 years ago

Is JJP also doing a run of Pirates or WOZ with Wonka?

#733 2 years ago

$11k now for Wonka LE, that probably means Toy Story LE will be $11k and the CE potentially at $14,500...

#734 2 years ago
    Quoted from unlockpinball:

Is JJP also doing a run of Pirates or WOZ with Wonka?

Just a guess but im thinking like what they did with Hobbit they are just using up inventory and extra parts.I think pirates and woz would sell, but with three designers and people wanting new games, it's time to make toy story and other new titles and not look back.

#735 2 years ago

i do not know. Do they.?

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Anyone outside of the pinball hobby thinks the same of any of your games that you have.

Closest one to a kiddie theme may be Spiderman ,but i am leaning on NO . No Kiddie games here Pinball Brother !

1 month later
    #736 2 years ago

Ok.
    Ready for next title.

#737 2 years ago

Home Version

Screenshot_20211116-220231_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211116-220231_Facebook (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #738 2 years ago

Any day now?

#739 2 years ago

No chance. March at the ealiest,, but that's looking slim at this point.
    Hope I'm wrong.

#740 2 years ago

April

#741 2 years ago

TOY STORY??? LOL... well at least I don't have to worry about forking out money for a game that's themed for eight-year-olds. I know we live in a world today where being a nerd is no longer taboo and being a grown man wearing pajamas in public is no longer taboo but that theme is a waste!!

#742 2 years ago

Signed grown adult with wrestling avatar

#743 2 years ago
    Quoted from livetowin:

It's still real to him damn it!!

#744 2 years ago

When I was 12, wrestling was real. The Mighty Sheik, Haystacks Calhoun, Johnny Powers, Dominic Danucci, Pampero Phirpo.

#745 2 years ago

What confidence anyone have in "The Godfather" guess?

#746 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

What confidence anyone have in "The Godfather" guess?

0% chance, I think

#747 2 years ago
    Quoted from livetowin:

Not just a wrestler but Ric Flair. Athletes, celebrities , and grown men think Ric Flair is cool. 8 yr Olds never thought Ric Flair was cool unlike Toy Story. Must be a lot of nerds and Men wearing pajamas out in public on this thread lol. Woooooooo!!! Rolex wearing, limo riding , jet flying nature boy!!!

#748 2 years ago
    Quoted from livetowin:

Weird gate keeping? Wrestling is just for 8 year olds now?

Getting a whiff of "only real men" fallacy here.

#749 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rasslinmoron:

TOY STORY??? LOL... well at least I don't have to worry about forking out money for a game that's themed for eight-year-olds. I know we live in a world today where being a nerd is no longer taboo and being a grown man wearing pajamas in public is no longer taboo but that theme is a waste!!

If there's one thing about society that needs to die is this BS right here... I get to some acceptance and inclusion is "scary" or whatever but FFS people, you don't get to decide what someone else does with their life or how they perceive their existence. Oh and nothing says "manly" like a wrestling avatar...

Jeff

#750 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rasslinmoron:

Nah, it’s a great movie that is also for adults. I have all types of themes (Big Lebowski, Hobbit, etc.) but Toy Story bridges adult and kid for us. Especially if Lawlor.

There are 1,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-jjp-announce-next-game/page/15?hl=gorditas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.