Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,051 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by danarchy
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9718 (resized).jpeg
    matrix (resized).png
    IMG_2451 (resized).png
    IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
    nX-xq0NC_400x400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2650 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).png
    19AC6A64-764B-4176-B902-1F68AC54D7CF (resized).png
    298AD8C2-82EF-4FB2-9290-7FDF822D70AA (resized).jpeg
    70CA1EFE-2F4D-4B5A-80DB-4177E4CB5647 (resized).jpeg
    733F9956-AE63-49D4-BB84-BF0EE69D2285 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,051 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 22.
    #651 3 years ago

Will this thread hit one year old before the next reveal

#652 3 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Will this thread hit one year old before the next reveal

Only if the year ends in September.

#653 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Only if the year ends in September.

Oct is the threads birthday

getty_483183993_2000133320009280267_371857 (resized).jpggetty_483183993_2000133320009280267_371857 (resized).jpg
    #654 3 years ago

Lots of speculation about a GnR pin but Slash was part of several really good bands. Why wouldn’t it simply be a “Slash” pin incorporating all his music??

#655 3 years ago

Interesting thought there. I wonder if that is more of a challenge because of multiple licenses across each of the different bands.

#656 3 years ago
    Quoted from insight75:

Interesting thought there. I wonder if that is more of a challenge because of multiple licenses across each of the different bands.

If Slash wrote and composed the song, he owns the song unless there were unusual arrangements in the contract.

http://thelearnedfangirl.com/2013/06/loud-moments-in-metal-law-historyfourhorsemenvmechanix/

2 weeks later
    #657 3 years ago

Well, one way or another, we'll know by year's end apparently.

#658 3 years ago

Hope it happens soon so us POTC owners can get our final code update to complete the game. Maybe they will finally have some time to finish it off, the last 6 months should have been ideal for code work though.

#659 3 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Hope it happens soon so us POTC owners can get our final code update to complete the game. Maybe they will finally have some time to finish it off, the last 6 months should have been ideal for code work though.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/37#post-5845876

Start there, and read through

#660 3 years ago

You're close to resurrecting every old JJP thread to talk about a new game release. I think you need at least 3 or 4 more to complete the challenge...!

#661 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

You're close to resurrecting every old JJP thread to talk about a new game release. I think you need at least 3 or 4 more to complete the challenge...!

I've probably poked the bear enough at this point. At the very least, we've got a drop-dead date. I'm told "well before" year-end on the next title, so there's that, I guess.

With that, I'll drop back into the shadows and lurk for a bit

#662 3 years ago
    Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I've probably poked the bear enough at this point. At the very least, we've got a drop-dead date. I'm told "well before" year-end on the next title, so there's that, I guess.
    With that, I'll drop back into the shadows and lurk for a bit

You'll pop out, and be back in line when it's announced.

#663 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

You'll pop out, and be back in line when it's announced.

Absolutely no way. Ever. I will never buy another NIB pin again. Ever.

#664 3 years ago
    Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Absolutely no way. Ever. I will never buy another NIB pin again. Ever.

Well....I remember distinctly warning ya back in July last year about those issues, and you still bought.

You were sent a playfield, yes? Think I remember that you did.

I'm kind of feeling the same way myself most days. Been a year almost for me, and I'd say this year has felt saner, but...........

#665 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Well....I remember distinctly warning ya back in July last year about those issues, and you still bought.
    You were sent a playfield, yes? Think I remember that you did.
    I'm kind of feeling the same way myself most days. Been a year almost for me, and I'd say this year has felt saner, but...........

I was sent a blank playfield. It's under a bed in my daughter's room. There it lies, because I lack the skills and/or ability to swap it in. Meanwhile, my defective playfield continues to remain in my game.

I guess according to JJP I've been "made whole." I disagree.

That's pretty much the end of it.

#666 3 years ago

#666 Post huh ... and I hope that we have news this month about next JJP Game, I wanted to have a new Pin for my BD but it’s in 2 days now, so I hope that I have this Pinball for my Christmas present

#667 3 years ago

Apparently in October ...

#668 3 years ago

Another month delay, Zzzzzzzzz

#669 3 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Another month delay, Zzzzzzzzz

on track for expo time

#670 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

on track for expo time

I do not see any pinball shows before 2022

#671 3 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

You may be right ,my wife works at a big hospital near Chicago they were just told to work from home until next June earliest .That was gut wrenching to hear .

#672 3 years ago

Pinball Expo will be virtual this year, so perhaps an unveiling then?

#673 3 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

likely but was expo the plan at the start of the year?

1 week later
    #674 3 years ago

October 5th...

CONFIRMED!

#675 3 years ago
    Quoted from joseph5185:

October 5th...
    CONFIRMED!

Good can't wait much longer.

Not into Marvel thank goodness.

1 week later
    #676 3 years ago

They must make a Lord of the rings pinball table, they did a great work with The Hobbit so a Lord of the rings would be great and look nice beside The Hobbit.

#677 3 years ago
    Quoted from TouchingEvil:

They must make a Lord of the rings pinball table, they did a great work with The Hobbit so a Lord of the rings would be great and look nice beside The Hobbit.

You don't like the Stern LOTR? I had one years ago and miss it as it plays (long) pretty well and has awesome Keefer rules.

2 weeks later
    #678 3 years ago
    Quoted from TouchingEvil:

Toy Story could be brilliant if the rumours true!

Would also love to see JJP take a crack at BTTF, heck I’d love to see JJP do Star Wars justice recycle that spinning houses mech from WOZ and give me an AT-AT with snowspeeder shooting around it and I’ll buy one right now!

1 month later
    #679 3 years ago

When does jjp usually make their big reveal or announcements?

#680 3 years ago
    Quoted from STXDrew:

When their games are ready, they don't have a set schedule.

#681 3 years ago
    Quoted from STXDrew:

A year to 18 months is the past history. Though with the new factory, that will decrease if their production rates increased since the move.

#682 3 years ago

I’m enjoying seeing GNR in the spotlight and know it will be around for a long time. No thoughts about a next game for me. But if Toy Story is next and it comes out Summer 2021 .... that will be the end of the licenses forecasted by a disgruntled JJP employee on Pinside and RGP around 2012. For the PAST 8 YEARS we have known everything in JJP’s que. That had to have been Time/Life post of the year for 2012. Now going forward past TSPD (Toy Story Pixar-Disney so as not to confuse with The Shadow) and we don’t know Jack shit.

#683 3 years ago

Who knows what’s past Toy Story? and frankly I don’t care. Can’t wait for thousands to get their GNR. I will make a bold prediction - GNR will sell TAF type numbers of pinball machines, adjusted for 2020.

We know TAF sold around 24k units while most good titles were selling around 10-12k units, so double. Jump to 2020 and 4K units has got to be a pretty accurate indicator of a good seller. So I am sure that JJP will sell 8k GNR’s over the next 3 years. Eight thousand GNR’s - 500 CE, 5k LE & 2.5k SE. The key to JJP selling so many SE’s is pushing new buyers into the SE model IMO. But the game feels as much a classic as TAF in my mind

#684 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Who knows what’s past Toy Story? and frankly I don’t care. Can’t wait for thousands to get their GNR. I will make a bold statement - GNR will sell TAF type numbers of pinball machines, adjusted for 2020.
    We know TAF sold around 23k units while most good titles were selling around 10k units, so double. Jump to 2020 and 4K units has got to be a pretty good indicator of a good seller. So I am sure that JJP will sell 8k GNR’s over the next 5 years. Eight thousand GNR’s - 500 CE, 5k LE & 2.5k SE. The key to JJP selling so many SE’s is pushing new buyers into the SE model IMO. But the game feels as much a classic as TAF in my mind

Rumor is Avatar based on the new movie(s) with Eric on lead.

#685 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Who knows what’s past Toy Story? and frankly I don’t care. Can’t wait for thousands to get their GNR. I will make a bold statement - GNR will sell TAF type numbers of pinball machines, adjusted for 2020.
    We know TAF sold around 23k units while most good titles were selling around 10k units, so double. Jump to 2020 and 4K units has got to be a pretty good indicator of a good seller. So I am sure that JJP will sell 8k GNR’s over the next 5 years. Eight thousand GNR’s - 500 CE, 5k LE & 2.5k SE. The key to JJP selling so many SE’s is pushing new buyers into the SE model IMO. But the game feels as much a classic as TAF in my mind

You forgot about the second “LE” that they’re bound to do

#686 3 years ago
    Quoted from Audioenslaved:

You forgot about the second “LE” that they’re bound to do

Yes that’s written between the lines. If JJP is on the way to 5k LE’s, another version of Xk will show up at a price hike. I actually am even more bullish on a personal level because of this, so I think the top end of sales is much higher but don’t want to sound like a fool. So 8k units - that is more sales than WOZ’s in half the time, bitches. And it would be pretty epic for pinball in the 20’s decade. JJP, make it so.
    9A779218-0867-4CFA-9546-F3C6940DAF53.jpeg9A779218-0867-4CFA-9546-F3C6940DAF53.jpeg

#687 3 years ago
    Quoted from jhoward1082:

Rumor is Avatar based on the new movie(s) with Eric on lead.

I heard that rumor too ... but ... in a podcast about month ago Jack said that Eric's next pin that he's working on is a new theme that hasn't been done before. There's already an old Avatar, so maybe that will be Pat's game after Toy Story. Eric's "New theme" game would be after Toy Story. Or is Jack throwing us off on another speculation path?

#688 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I heard that rumor too ... but ... in a podcast about month ago Jack said that Eric's next pin that he's working on is a new theme that hasn't been done before. There's already an old Avatar, so maybe that will be Pat's game after Toy Story. Eric's "New theme" game would be after Toy Story. Or is Jack throwing us off on another speculation path?

Stern's Avatar was based on the first movie, the JJP rumors are regarding the Avatar sequel, so technically not a remake.

#689 3 years ago

Whatever happened to the muppets rumor? Could actually be a fun game and fit the jjp lineup. Avatar with the new light system though would be absolutely gorgeous!

#690 3 years ago
    Quoted from STXDrew:When does jjp usually make their big reveal or announcements?

I think "usually" has gone out the window with the large amounts of orders it will take JJP a long time to get to there next game

#691 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Whatever happened to the muppets rumor? Could actually be a fun game and fit the jjp lineup. Avatar with the new light system though would be absolutely gorgeous!

That’s what I’m thinking. Avatar is all about bright neon colors and the actual planet itself. With Eric’s theme integration and ability to come up with new interesting mechs and the amazing new JJP light system, the game could be a visual stunner.

#692 3 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Toy Story could be brilliant if the rumours true!

I have to ask: are you referring to the rumour that Toy Story could be next, or to specific rumours that you've heard about the game itself?

#693 3 years ago

I think they will be buzy making 2500 more gnr and if europe opens up, thats another 1500 maschines.
    Then they have to make 2k more potc.
    Then next title is up.

#694 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

I think they will be buzy making 2500 more gnr and if europe opens up, thats another 1500 maschines.
    Then they have to make 2k more potc.
    Then next title is up.

I think they’re done with POTC. But yes they’ll be making GnR for a while.

#695 3 years ago

Will 2021 finally be a year they announce more than one game!? We can only hope!

#696 3 years ago
    Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I think they’re done with POTC. But yes they’ll be making GnR for a while.

I hope not. But maybe it's wise to keep potc for a rainy day. Use stern vault strategy.
    A game flops, then vault potc and the production keeps going.

#697 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vitty:

Will 2021 finally be a year they announce more than one game!? We can only hope!

Lets hope they will anounce one game. If gnr continues to sell, they will keep prodution up the whole year.
    If they make fifty of thoose beauties a week and sell 5000, which seems possible.
    Thats work for the next 100 weeks.

#698 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vitty:

I think 2021 will be the year JJP with Covid and large orders# struggle with getting games out. The next game will not ship till 2022 but this time that's a good thing

2 months later
    #699 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't see a new Guns and Rose's pin being a big hit, not at $7500 - $12.5k. I still find it odd that JJP would choose that theme. Toy Story has huge potential. A Back to the Future trilogy pin by JJP could also be a huge hit as the theme has mass appeal.

Little did you know back then that these things would be flying off the shelf huh?

#700 3 years ago
    Quoted from Adipocere:

None of the editions will sell out. Wait for reviews, a chance to play it if possible, and especially wait to make sure they don't ship with defective playfields. With JJP releases, you do not have to worry about missing out (unless its POTC, and people only missed out on that because nobody bought it when it came out).

Well it appears you were dead wrong on that one.

There are 1,051 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-jjp-announce-next-game/page/14?hl=pinchild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.