Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,064 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0033 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9718 (resized).jpeg
    matrix (resized).png
    IMG_2451 (resized).png
    IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
    nX-xq0NC_400x400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2650 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).png
    19AC6A64-764B-4176-B902-1F68AC54D7CF (resized).png
    298AD8C2-82EF-4FB2-9290-7FDF822D70AA (resized).jpeg
    70CA1EFE-2F4D-4B5A-80DB-4177E4CB5647 (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 22.
    #601 3 years ago

Ok, I guess it sounded correct when I typed it. lol I meant seeing Slash perform during his tours, not GnR’s. He plays a lot of GnR songs.

#602 3 years ago

It is rumored that the "innovation" is a fleshy opening with shaker motor interaction (LE and CE only) that one could insert themselves into during play.

#603 3 years ago

It needs to be more than wifi updates for example;

They should have 2 cameras, 1 at the player (high score photos) like now and another looking at the playfield.

Then have the ability to do head-to-head and multi player games (ala Zoom meetings) with other players so you can not only see the other player but also their game/playfield.

#604 3 years ago

Any idea when the new JJP podcast will go live? TWIP said June 1st but I think they read too much into it, as the official JJP stuff and the teaser episode just says "June".

#605 3 years ago

Patience man, Patience.

#606 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Patience man, Patience.

Let's hope that all we need is just a little of it

#607 3 years ago

I like GnR but IMO this band was the real deal !! Nevertheless I’m new to this and looking for advice on buying NIB when first announced.How does it work? Is it just you throw down $ and it’s a crap shoot on whether it’s a good machine or not? Seems LE or CE go fast then have a lil time on premiums and the aftermath is either you have one that is sought after or gotta take a hit like a new car to sell if you don’t like it .Im not naive I’m not looking to make $ at all I know what I’m getting into but scared to buy something then get it and all hell breaks loose .

E7BE1113-394C-4177-9279-87CE95FA2646 (resized).jpegE7BE1113-394C-4177-9279-87CE95FA2646 (resized).jpeg
    #608 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

I like GnR but IMO this band was the real deal !! Nevertheless I’m new to this and looking for advice on buying NIB when first announced.How does it work? Is it just you throw down $ and it’s a crap shoot on whether it’s a good machine or not? Seems LE or CE go fast then have a lil time on premiums and the aftermath is either you have one that is sought after or gotta take a hit like a new car to sell if you don’t like it .Im not naive I’m not looking to make $ at all I know what I’m getting into but scared to buy something then get it and all hell breaks loose .
    [quoted image]

None of the editions will sell out. Wait for reviews, a chance to play it if possible, and especially wait to make sure they don't ship with defective playfields. With JJP releases, you do not have to worry about missing out (unless its POTC, and people only missed out on that because nobody bought it when it came out).

#609 3 years ago
    Quoted from Adipocere:

None of the editions will sell out. Wait for reviews, a chance to play it if possible, and especially wait to make sure they don't ship with defective playfields. With JJP releases, you do not have to worry about missing out (unless its POTC, and people only missed out on that because nobody bought it when it came out).

The problem with pirates when it was released was that it should have been dialed in. They just seemed late to the pirates party.

#610 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

The problem with pirates when it was released was that it should have been dialed in. They just seemed late to the pirates party.

Or their Pirates ship had already sailed!

#611 3 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

Or their Pirates ship had already sailed!

I can see it coming back over the horizon?

#612 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

It makes sense to redo it, but at the same time move on and focus on the ones that have been in the pipeline ...

#613 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I can see it sailing back and arriving sometime within the next year or so. Fingers crossed.

#614 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

It makes sense to redo it, but at the same time move on and focus on the ones that have been in the pipeline ...

I see no reason to move on from it. What they should do is bring it back as the game everyone was expecting. Or bring it back with something more.

Letting go of a mistake is one thing. Correcting your mistake and showing everyone you can admit your failings and then prove you could do it is what should be done.

If a gymnast were to fall attempting a difficult maneuver, would you tell them to put it behind them and not attempt it again? No, you would encourage them to keep trying until they succeed. Now, I am not saying they need to do this over and over. They need to fix the issues they had with it, then show everyone that it could work and re-release it.

Manufacturers do this all of the time. They fail with a new car reveal, then bring it back a few years later better than before.

Only losers give up. Don’t give up JJP. The game will sell, if they finish what they started.

#615 3 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

I see no reason to move on from it. What they should do is bring it back as the game everyone was expecting. Or bring it back with something more.
    Letting go of a mistake is one thing. Correcting your mistake and showing everyone you can admit your failings and then prove you could do it is what should be done.
    If a gymnast were to fall attempting a difficult maneuver, would you tell them to put it behind them and not attempt it again? No, you would encourage them to keep trying until they succeed. Now, I am not saying they need to do this over and over. They need to fix the issues they had with it, then show everyone that it could work and re-release it.
    Manufacturers do this all of the time. They fail with a new car reveal, then bring it back a few years later better than before.
    Only losers give up. Don’t give up JJP. The game will sell, if they finish what they started.

They still may suprise us. I can root them on and hope...

#616 3 years ago

At this point, buyers would welcome whichever (JJPOTC or JJPGNR) was available now. Emphasis on getting something done.

#617 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

At this point, buyers would welcome whichever (JJPOTC or JJPGNR) was available now. Emphasis on getting something done.

I agree. It was told they would produce 1 game a year and were shooting for 2 per year. At this point, it’s been over a year with no game to be shown.

#618 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I highly doubt JJP is making POTC in the near future or ever for that matter....if by some miracle they do it will more than their YBR edition.

#619 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I highly doubt JJP is making POTC in the near future or ever for that matter....if by some miracle they do it will more than their YBR edition.

Yep they'll do a POTC without the boat !

#620 3 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

Yep they'll do a POTC without the boat !

Ha....maybe without the boat, and a few ramps since it doesn't appear they stock those parts anymore

3 weeks later
    #621 3 years ago

My Goodness Jack release a flippen title already!

#622 3 years ago

I'm disappointed but not surprised that the GNR launch is a big TBD. If "manufacturing pinball is hard" then starting up a new, or relocated, pinball factory is damn hard. The thought that JJP could easily move its factory, salary organization and train a new hourly workforce was never realistic. Anyone that has actually shutdown and moved a manufacturing plant knows that it's fraught with problems and requires real expertise/experience to navigate. POTC is speculator and my feeling is that Eric will hit another home-run (despite likely cost/design constraints), but hopefully the delay is because JJP is smart and knows not to let sales & marketing get ahead of manufacturing & quality.

#623 3 years ago

I Love JJP machines.

#624 3 years ago

Please take your time i am still saving.

#625 3 years ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Please take your time i am still saving.

I hope they take this long with Toy Story I’ll need to save up for that one, our kids have that on their Xmas lists for next year already.

#626 3 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I hope they take this long with Toy Story I’ll need to save up for that one, our kids have that on their Xmas lists for next year already.

At this rate the kids will be thru college before TS is sold.

#627 3 years ago
    Quoted from Freakyguy666:

At this rate the kids will be thru college before TS is sold.

Haha I didn’t want to be the one to say it...
    6AAEBC8B-0730-41F6-93C4-55F363622875.gif6AAEBC8B-0730-41F6-93C4-55F363622875.gif

#628 3 years ago

If JJP does a new pin with an old theme, GnR, Toy Story, etc. then they should consider one that would almost guarantee a huge following. I would consider adding a 'Goodfellas' themed pinball to my den.

#629 3 years ago
    Quoted from STxPinball:

If JJP does a new pin with an old theme, GnR, Toy Story, etc. then they should consider one that would almost guarantee a huge following. I would consider adding a 'Good Fellows' themed pinball to my den.

Good Fellows would be a brand new theme, though. No movie or book yet.

LTG : )

#630 3 years ago

No o good fellas

Yes to
    Dirk Diggler

#631 3 years ago

JJP must have some rich investors, how does this company pay its bills? They come out with 1 pin every 2 years.

#632 3 years ago
    Quoted from mzhulk:

They come out with 1 pin every 2 years.

I believe since late last year, they have been moving to up production to two titles a year. The move to Chicago was part of it.

The virus shut down couldn't be foreseen. In spite of it. They seem to be rolling now.

No idea on time frame. I'm sure they'll be fine.

#633 3 years ago

Dirk Diggler? Sooooooo how would that one play out Lmao!!!

#634 3 years ago
    Quoted from mzhulk:

JJP must have some rich investors, how does this company pay its bills? They come out with 1 pin every 2 years.

If they pay their employees the same hourly scale as #LTG they will survive a Long time. Lol

#635 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

If they pay their employees the same hourly scale as #LTG they will survive a Long time. Lol

And if all their employees were as helpful/knowledgeable as LTG, they'd have overtaken Stern by now...

#636 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

And if all their employees were as helpful/knowledgeable as LTG, they'd have overtaken Stern by now...

Very true! He’s a rare bird that makes it his mission to help Anyone which is priceless for customer satisfaction. Really hoping he signs on with API as I think they are headed the right direction again and keeping the race fans happy will be invaluable.

#637 3 years ago

Yesterday’s IG post by JJP referenced “Paradise”. Today they reference DI with “Welcome to Quantum City”
    Can I put the two together??

#638 3 years ago
    Quoted from Noma2017:

Yesterday’s IG post by JJP referenced “Paradise”. Today they reference DI with “Welcome to Quantum City”
    Can I put the two together??

"Take me down to the jungle"?....

#639 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I think the Min-wage is higher then where LTG is.

#640 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I believe since late last year, they have been moving to up production to two titles a year. The move to Chicago was part of it.
    The virus shut down couldn't be foreseen. In spite of it. They seem to be rolling now.
    No idea on time frame. I'm sure they'll be fine.

They have been talking about making two titles a year since TH was in production

#641 3 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

They have been talking about making two titles a year since TH was in production

Agreed.

This time around they are making the moves to have a shot at it.

#642 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Really hoping he signs on with API

I don't see that happening.

I'll still help on Pinside where I can.

#643 3 years ago

I saw all these new post and thought, news I can use. Turned out to be nothing.

#644 3 years ago

I’ve got 12k saved for either a POTC rerelease or GNR. Both are must buys for me huge GNR fan.

#645 3 years ago

Iiiiiiittttttsssss Fffrrrriiiiidaaayyy!!!

#646 3 years ago

There was a picture of a Stern cover on a JJP game. I don't think Jack liked that and is punishing us.

4 weeks later
    #647 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

I bought MMRLE thinking that id have a machine that held its value but that LE has now been surpassed by the ROYAL ED same as the ACDC le models now theres a vault Luci which is even more limited
    Go for the middle game and save some cash both JJ and Chic gaming and stern have lost me on paying extra for something that was to be the top game of that model

#648 3 years ago
    Quoted from john17a:

I bought MMRLE thinking that id have a machine that held its value but that LE has now been surpassed by the ROYAL ED same as the ACDC le models now theres a vault Luci which is even more limited
    Go for the middle game and save some cash both JJ and Chic gaming and stern have lost me on paying extra for something that was to be the top game of that model

I agree w you I don’t have that kinda bank to be tossing around .Seems buy something that’s been out a couple years Is safest bet as far as holding value .

#649 3 years ago

Pinball Show is reporting JJP September drop, most likely GnR ... Not holding my breath.

#650 3 years ago
    8ef (resized).png8ef (resized).png
    There are 1,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-jjp-announce-next-game/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.