Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,064 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0033 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9718 (resized).jpeg
    matrix (resized).png
    IMG_2451 (resized).png
    IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
    nX-xq0NC_400x400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2650 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).png
    19AC6A64-764B-4176-B902-1F68AC54D7CF (resized).png
    298AD8C2-82EF-4FB2-9290-7FDF822D70AA (resized).jpeg
    70CA1EFE-2F4D-4B5A-80DB-4177E4CB5647 (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 22.
    #501 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

They involved pinside when they saw people were hating on it. Its not like Stern, JJP knows they need pinside support. Very few none enthusiast are paying that kind of money for a pinball machine but a Stern pro? Ok. I just wish the themes were better. I mean I just watched the Wrath Of Khan for the who knows how many times now and its a pin just waiting to be made. The screen taunting back and forth with Kirk and Khan, seems custom designed for a LCD on a pin. great Story, music etc. What do I get. GnR, TMNT, Stranger Things. Hot Wheels. Its sad. JJP StarTrek The Wrath of Khan, sounds good to me and I can finally buy a pin from Jack.

I do agree that theme matters, but JJP games are in a different league that most Sterns....everyone has their own opinions on theming...personally my grail game is IJ due to the theme and game play .... GNR could be awesome if its in the same league as POTC ....be nice to have a high quality music pin

#503 3 years ago

Are JJP going up against Turtles?!

Interesting teaser video.

#504 3 years ago

At least they put something out....wish it had a little more information....

#505 3 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

Lots of pinsiders won't buy NIB and JJP doesn't sell stripped pro models.
    From my perspective, it seems like Stern premium and LE pricing is very similar to JJP std/LE pricing.
    And while I've got all 5 JJP games (fanboy!), I struggle to justify Stern value/pricing and haven't been able to pull the trigger on one.

It is a shame coz games as TWD, MET or JP are way better than each JJP. (I do not have played yet POTC and WW)
    However I hope GNR will join my line-up, as I have no hate against JJP and their pins. it will depends on the playfield design, the gameplay, code...like for any other game.
    Stern is loading more their games now, i remember LE didn’t have (or lost for a while) shaker, anti reflect glass, pinblades, powder coat armor.
    I wish the best for all manufacturer, the more I get choice the better it is.

#506 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

At least they put something out....

#507 3 years ago

Now that's a very informational teaser.... No clue, no set date of announcement, I'm still hungry !

#508 3 years ago

A way to say to pinheads to not place order too quickly for the Stern game and save their money for their great new game to come very soon

#509 3 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

Now that's a very informational teaser.... No clue, no set date of announcement, I'm still hungry !

My guess is their innovation comes in the form of wireless updates .... I mean what else is so innovative? I will say this feature is really nice to have as upgrading some of these games can be a pain...really better for both parties

#510 3 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

A way to say to pinheads to not place order too quickly for the Stern game and save their money for their great new game to come very soon

Agreed!

#511 3 years ago

It is a shame coz games as TWD, MET or JP are way better than each JJP. (I do not have played yet POTC and WW)
    However I hope GNR will join my line-up, as I have no hate against JJP and their pins. it will depends on the playfield design, the gameplay, code...like for any other game.
    Stern is loading more their games now, i remember LE didn’t have (or lost for a while) shaker, anti reflect glass, pinblades, powder coat armor.
    I wish the best for all manufacturer, the more I get choice the better it is.

They have this stuff because of JJP!Remember the stripped down shit before they had competition?

#512 3 years ago

If the innovation is wireless updates it would be a huge letdown. I’m expecting more.

#513 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

They have this stuff because of JJP!Remember the stripped down shit before they had competition?

This is my point. The more competition there is the more we have chance to get better games, more loaded.

#514 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

If the innovation is wireless updates it would be a huge letdown. I’m expecting more.

Would love to know why I should save my money. A code update announcement won't do that.

#515 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Like a spinning disc with magnet on TMNT.....and X-men 8 years ago?

#516 3 years ago

It’s got to be related to network gameplay and ranking lists. All the trends are there- peloton, ps4 etc.

#517 3 years ago

Like a spinning disc with magnet on TMNT.....and X-men 8 years ago?

ok it was sarcam.

i guess a great innovation would have been a triple spinning disc rotating in opposite ways and a magnet in the center. would have been cool!

#518 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is their innovation comes in the form of wireless updates .... I mean what else is so innovative? I will say this feature is really nice to have as upgrading some of these games can be a pain...really better for both parties

I would hope that they mean game play innovation, not something related to pinball maintenance. And it might be a salespoint for operators, but what end users see is a playfield, some toys and some animations.

I am slightly worried since Wonka though, I thought it was a less ambitious / cost no object game than their previous pins.

#519 3 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

I would hope that they mean game play innovation, not something related to pinball maintenance. And it might be a salespoint for operators, but what end users see is a playfield, some toys and some animations.
    I am slightly worried since Wonka though, I thought it was a less ambitious / cost no object game than their previous pins.

My guess is they will continue down the Wonka path....I think the days of loaded games like POTC are over for JJP ....

#520 3 years ago

Eric said in the Buffalo podcast that the video mentioning innovations is not referring to the coming wifi updates.

#521 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Eric said in the Buffalo podcast that the video mentioning innovations is not referring to the coming wifi updates.

wifi only?? and will it also work with e-net?
    plug in an keyboard so it's easy to put the password in?

#522 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

wifi only?? and will it also work with e-net?
    plug in an keyboard so it's easy to put the password in?

Yes, you will be able to use an ethernet cable as an alternative. No password needed for the ethernet. WIFI, you configure once and it stores the connection info. It is a nice easy user interface. No keyboard is needed.

#523 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Yes, you will be able to use an ethernet cable as an alternative. No password needed for the ethernet. WIFI, you configure once and it stores the connection info. It is a nice easy user interface. No keyboard is needed.

the ui can be the best one but punching in an complex password without an keyboard and just arrow keys + enter is a pain

#524 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

the ui can be the best one but punching in an complex password without an keyboard and just arrow keys + enter is a pain

Is it really that much of a pain? maybe takes 2 minutes ... seems more a pain to connect a key board

#525 3 years ago

Online player profiles with stats tracking, online tournaments, and leaderboards would be awesome to see. GoldenTee has had this for a few years and it would be great to see the concept applied to pinball.

#527 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

I am testing it on all 5 JJP pins and have had to test re-entering it on all of them ... a few times. I know that it might seem like it would be daunting, but it really isn't much more effort than putting in a 11 character high score name. My password is excessively long. For normal use owners, you would set it and forget it. It remembers it after updates also. That might not always be retained, but if you back up and restore your settings all of that will be restored.

A "full" update using ethernet took a total of less than 10 minutes to download AND install. It is looking good so far.

#528 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I am testing it on all 5 JJP pins and have had to test re-entering it on all of them ... a few times. I know that it might seem like it would be daunting, but it really isn't much more effort than putting in a 11 character high score name. My password is excessively long. For normal use owners, you would set it and forget it. It remembers it after updates also. That might not always be retained, but if you back up and restore your settings all of that will be restored.
    A "full" update using ethernet took a total of less than 10 minutes to download AND install. It is looking good so far.

Nice, that's good to hear. The thought of having a network switch dedicated to only JJP pins actually sounds kinda cool haha. I'll likely get a single USB Wifi dongle and then move that around from machine to machine. That should be pretty easy to do considering the USB extension cable can be accessed close to the front of the cabinet. If online player profiles, online tournaments, etc is coming I'll get one for each pin.

#529 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Nice, that's good to hear. The thought of having a network switch dedicated to only JJP pins actually sounds kinda cool haha. I'll likely get a single USB Wifi dongle and then move that around from machine to machine. That should be pretty easy to do considering the USB extension cable can be accessed close to the front of the cabinet. If online player profiles, online tournaments, etc is coming I'll get one for each pin.

I'm testing it both ways (wifi and ethernet) and can see people liking one method over the other. Wifi is a clean wireless connection that will be great for pins on location, but ethernet is a faster connection that could handle multiple connections better ... should JJP go down the road of real time data or even video transfer. I am not saying they will do that in the future as they are keeping their plans to themselves ... as is probably best.

#530 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Full updates don't use images any more? and OS UPDATES????

#531 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Full updates don't use images any more? and OS UPDATES????

They might still be iso's for the full updates. I think that one of our updates had a OS update. I don't think a file name was listed. I will have to look for that next time. Delta updates take just a few seconds. They do show version number you have vs. the new version available and opens/ lists the update change log with all of the updates made so that you know what changed or what bugs were fixed that you can scroll through. It's a nice setup. Still beta, so anything can still change.

Update, yes they are still iso downloads. Getting more to test this weekend.

#532 3 years ago

Do they push OS updates outside of game updates?
    If ssh in and do apt-get update && apt-get upgrade will things stop working?

#533 3 years ago

So far there's generally been no compelling reason to do so outside of new mobo support.

Updating anything on your own is outside of JJP's ability to help you.

#534 3 years ago

Anyone else thinking JJP will surprise a few people with a Blues Brothers pin somewhere down the road?
    It makes perfect sense if you think about it, they just moved to Chicago Illinois what could be a more perfect theme for them?
    It’s a family friendly musical, right up JJP’s alley, the music’s perfect “Sweet Home Chicago” I mean come on that’s your wizard mode right there!
    If they went full license on this the callouts, clips, music would be incredible.
    “This pin has got everything” Lol
    Is it me or is this a no brainier?

ACD16A8C-45C3-4AE5-BC16-A83C8DA19CB8 (resized).jpegACD16A8C-45C3-4AE5-BC16-A83C8DA19CB8 (resized).jpeg
    #535 3 years ago

The more time they wait now potential sales lost.
    What are they waiting on?
    GnR should have been released drop of hat.
    I’m sure coders were still coding....
    Skeleton crews would have been in the factory mincing around sorting and prepping.
    JJP playing catch up to Sterns turtles here I’m afraid.

#536 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

The more time they wait now potential sales lost.
    What are they waiting on?
    GnR should have been released drop of hat.
    I’m sure coders were still coding....
    Skeleton crews would have been in the factory mincing around sorting and prepping.
    JJP playing catch up to Sterns turtles here I’m afraid.

very much agree with this. If stern can ship their new game in a couple of weeks, not sure why JJP is waiting. I wonder how many people are sending their money to stern for TMNT that would have sent that money instead to JJP had they been able to announce by now.

#537 3 years ago
    Quoted from oneballjab:

Anyone else thinking JJP will surprise a few people with a Blues Brothers pin somewhere down the road?
    It makes perfect sense if you think about it, they just moved to Chicago Illinois what could be a more perfect theme for them?
    It’s a family friendly musical, right up JJP’s alley, the music’s perfect “Sweet Home Chicago” I mean come on that’s your wizard mode right there!
    If they went full license on this the callouts, clips, music would be incredible.
    [quoted image]

That would be awesome. But there are so many cool titles JJP could do well. Personally, I'd love to see them do JAWS (I'd love to see Stern do it too - would love almost anyone to do it), Beetlejuice, BTTF or even Princess Bride. I don't know what criteria they use to decide which licenses to go after, but I'm a big fan of their game design and quality. The good news for me is that if they continue to do titles I'm not interested in (no interest in WOZ, Wonka, Dialed In or the rumored Toy Story) I won't be tempted to shell out the considerable $ it takes to get one.

#538 3 years ago

If its really GNR next then all they needed to do was fade out the first 2 seconds of paradise city at the end of the very bland uninformative teaser trailer and people would hold back TMNT money from stern until its reveal. Instead we got.....ummm, innovation, possibly?! I get their need to throw their hat in the ring at this point but I think they missed...

#539 3 years ago

JJP's sales/marketing team needs a lot of help..... even much smaller companies like Spooky do a much better job....we're all seeing before our eyes why they are in financial trouble....they should have released the game, and taken pre orders....its not like its a big secret what game it is. People are fine waiting 3-6 months for a game if they have to

#540 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

JJP's sales/marketing team needs a lot of help..... even much smaller companies like Spooky do a much better job....we're all seeing before our eyes why they are in financial trouble....they should have released the game, and taken pre orders....its not like its a big secret what game it is. People are fine waiting 3-6 months for a game if they have to

Are people really fine waiting that long?Optimally wait time of 2 to 4 weeks,and they will still get slammed here for not being quicker.I like that their innovative but they should show now!I’m kind of hoping there is some kind of interactive visual tricks up their sleeve

#541 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Are people really fine waiting that long?Optimally wait time of 2 to 4 weeks,and they will still get slammed here for not being quicker.I like that their innovative but they should show now!I’m kind of hoping there is some kind of interactive visual tricks up their sleeve

Everyone who ordered MMR LE's waited 2 years so yea if u want a game you'll wait as u don't have a bunch of cash out there....the point is they could be taking pre orders on the game....how long are people waiting for the Rick and Morty game?....some I suspect will wait months...this old school thinking of lets unveil a game at an expo is stupid....JJP needs to get with the times.

#542 3 years ago

Oh I agree they need to do a better job with hyping their games.
    Wasn’t this Ken Cromwells job to improve this area?

#543 3 years ago
    Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

That would be awesome. But there are so many cool titles JJP could do well. Personally, I'd love to see them do JAWS (I'd love to see Stern do it too - would love almost anyone to do it), Beetlejuice, BTTF or even Princess Bride. I don't know what criteria they use to decide which licenses to go after, but I'm a big fan of their game design and quality. The good news for me is that if they continue to do titles I'm not interested in (no interest in WOZ, Wonka, Dialed In or the rumored Toy Story) I won't be tempted to shell out the considerable $ it takes to get one.

Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Jaws would be amazing instant buy for me if it had full assets.
    Maybe it’s just us 80’s kids, Beetlejuice, Goonies, Big Trouble in Little China, Little Shop of Horrors another family friendly musical.
    Like yourself I’ve got no interest in owning WOZ, DI, WONKA or TOY STORY but man if JJP picks up some 80s licenses it’s gonna cost us an arm and a leg!

#544 3 years ago
    Quoted from oneballjab:

Jaws would be amazing instant buy for me if it had full assets.
    Maybe it’s just us 80’s kids, Beetlejuice, Goonies, Big Trouble in Little China, Little Shop of Horrors another family friendly musical.
    Like yourself I’ve got no interest in owning WOZ, DI, WONKA or TOY STORY but man if JJP picks up some 80s licenses it’s gonna cost us an arm and a leg!

I love Wonka and just got DI. I would buy Toy Story in a heartbeat and I think that one would be a massive seller. I would also be super psyched about a Bettlejuice, The Goonies or Little Shop of Horrors. I just wonder how those would sell.

#545 3 years ago
    Quoted from oneballjab:

[quoted image]

Blues Brothers 2000 would of been a lot better if John Belushi was still alive.

#546 3 years ago

Any guesses on how much GNR is gonna run, and if they are going to release a “lesser” version like Wonka?

#547 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Blues Brothers 2000 would of been a lot better if John Belushi was still alive.

Why? He wasn’t in it.

#548 3 years ago

My $$ is on toy story as GnR tour has been postponed.By the way did anyone see Slash’s WOZEC is up for sale if you want to pay 22k for it lmao!!

#549 3 years ago

Ooohhh price drop !!

955DC17A-66CF-413C-B2A8-C73E68ACDB91 (resized).png955DC17A-66CF-413C-B2A8-C73E68ACDB91 (resized).png
    #550 3 years ago

Is he selling it or did someone buy it from him and selling it. If its his then fuck how much money does he need he should give it away to a cancer ward or something for fucks sake.
    Anyway myself and a few people in Australia have put names down for GNR and was told it is in hot demand here and we pay overs. Not as much interest in TMNT i think Dwight and Munsters hurt that sale.

There are 1,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-jjp-announce-next-game/page/11?hl=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.