Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,064 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0033 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9718 (resized).jpeg
    matrix (resized).png
    IMG_2451 (resized).png
    IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
    nX-xq0NC_400x400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2650 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).png
    19AC6A64-764B-4176-B902-1F68AC54D7CF (resized).png
    298AD8C2-82EF-4FB2-9290-7FDF822D70AA (resized).jpeg
    70CA1EFE-2F4D-4B5A-80DB-4177E4CB5647 (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 22.
    #451 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

It is a wide body. When not on the main line, it would be on the small line.
    LTG : )

Yup...I confused myself and Rdoyle’s post. That potentially lends more credence to the fact that nothing was on the line, likely prepping for the move. Nothing to see here then....move along.

#452 4 years ago

I think GNR will be delayed til Fall.

#453 4 years ago

After they got us used to paying the higher price points for standard body with Wonka, I don’t see why they would go back. It would cost them more and they know we are already maxed out on what we want to pay, so raising the price to go back to wide body would not be a wise business decision.

Although I must admit, I would have paid more for a Wonka that was done up right like POTC....

#454 4 years ago

I finally know the answer to this thread...

926CA760-4AF8-446D-9226-94139B2451BA.gif926CA760-4AF8-446D-9226-94139B2451BA.gif
    #455 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galooch:

Oh good point Lloyd. This was mid-Feb so I thought maybe (hoping) that some of the next game was in production before the move. Obviously that decision was made well before we heard publicly, so it’s likely the line was empty and being prepped to move.

Lol. For some reason I thought WOZ was a widebody.

It is - I was responding to the lack of parts, you said you needed a POTC lockbar. But I think LTG is right - probdvly not much on the line.

#456 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I finally know the answer to this thread...[quoted image]

You don't know Jack.

#457 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You don't know Jack.

I actually do. He’s a nice guy.

2 weeks later
    #458 4 years ago

Sooooo... when are they announcing their next game? Bueller? Jack?

#459 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Sooooo... when are they announcing their next game?

Recent podcast hinted at when it's ready to ship.

He goes into detail about the move to Chicago, and plans for the future.

So with the move, and virus, I would imagine it will be awhile to get rolling again.

http://superawesomepinballshow.libsyn.com/the-super-awesome-pinball-show-s01-e07

#460 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

So with the move, and virus, I would imagine it will be awhile to get rolling again.

We're ready for it!

#461 4 years ago

Kaneda claims October. I’m guessing no new releases from any of the manufacturers until the social/work bans are lifted. No way to build them or ship them.

#462 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

http://superawesomepinballshow.libsyn.com/the-super-awesome-pinball-show-s01-e07

Jack also eluded that he was happy to have a larger factory, making it possible to rerun previous games that there is a lot of demand for. We all know Pirates is the only game with pent up demand..... I mean they can't seem to give the last few Woz YBR's away and they've had DI in stock forever and even Hobbit. Wonka is still being produced with plenty of stock so what does that leave? Do the math......

Now I am not a fan of that idea, because I already own POTCLE and if I wanted a fresher one, without playfield issues and other quirks, I'd have to take a bath selling the "inferior" one that no one would want anymore and also pay a premium for the new one. Makes me want to sell while the value is high and just hope and pray that a new run is coming and that I don't get burnt. It's a coin flip situation really, but most likely i'll just keep mine.

#463 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

. . . I would imagine it will be awhile to get rolling again.

Man! I'm never going to get a Toy Story, am I?

#464 4 years ago
    Quoted from JamCat:

Jack also eluded that he was happy to have a larger factory, making it possible to rerun previous games that there is a lot of demand for. We all know Pirates is the only game with pent up demand..... I mean they can't seem to give the last few Woz YBR's away and they've had DI in stock forever and even Hobbit. Wonka is still being produced with plenty of stock so what does that leave? Do the math......
    Now I am not a fan of that idea, because I already own POTCLE and if I wanted a fresher one, without playfield issues and other quirks, I'd have to take a bath selling the "inferior" one that no one would want anymore and also pay a premium for the new one. Makes me want to sell while the value is high and just hope and pray that a new run is coming and that I don't get burnt. It's a coin flip situation really, but most likely i'll just keep mine.

Yeah will see what happens. I've kept saying that I think JJP won't make any more Pirates but it may be a big help financially for JJP to run it again after the factory move plus having to be closed for a few months due to our current situation. However, running Pirates may steal sales away from GNR.

#465 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah will see what happens. I've kept saying that I think JJP won't make any more Pirates but it may be a big help financially for JJP to run it again after the factory move plus having to be closed for a few months due to our current situation. However, running Pirates may steal sales away from GNR.

True, they definitely won't do it until after the novelty of GnR runs its course for a few months. But it sounds like they might at some point. It may be expensive to produce, but they have already invested the money in the design and license which is the hard part. They already know they can sell a new edition for 11.5k all day long. I'll be watching closely. I'm betting that a new run comes out early 2021 in between GnR and the next title. Then I will be mad if it's better or happy that I can finally get parts!

#466 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

That was looong, but a good interview with Jack. Some interesting content.

#467 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

That was looong,

Well I could have posted the time Jack's interview starts and the time of the slip.

But that would be cheating.

#468 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Well I could have posted the time Jack's interview starts and the time of the slip.
    But that would be cheating.

Was it a slip (what I think you're referring to) ? I think he was just messing around with them.

#469 4 years ago
    Quoted from JamCat:

True, they definitely won't do it until after the novelty of GnR runs its course for a few months. But it sounds like they might at some point. It may be expensive to produce, but they have already invested the money in the design and license which is the hard part. They already know they can sell a new edition for 11.5k all day long. I'll be watching closely. I'm betting that a new run comes out early 2021 in between GnR and the next title. Then I will be mad if it's better or happy that I can finally get parts!

As an owner as well, you know if there is a rerun it's going to be a YBR edition style cost of 11.5. No question. Then you run the risk of them stripping down the game. If YBR didn't come out I would say no way in hell that's possible but Jack has already reissued an older game at a much higher price, stripped out features and didn't blink an eye.

Pretty risky to sell Pirates and either be completely left out with no rerun OR a rerun that is very expensive and not as loaded. If I were to sell mine, it def wouldn't be b/c of a potential rerun.

#470 4 years ago
    Quoted from TonLoc777:

Kaneda claims October. I’m guessing no new releases from any of the manufacturers until the social/work bans are lifted. No way to build them or ship them.

It would be a bummer having to wait until October.

#471 4 years ago

JJP games are a level above other pinballs. JJPOTC is a masterpiece and worth the extra premium to buy one. If you enjoy the pirates life you’ll love this game.

Hobbit is fantastic pinball too, in so many ways. Just finished a 5.3B point game (killed Smaug and almost won the 3rd mini-wizard mode). Battled for 40 minutes and got my work out. Others prefer Dialed-In!, Wonka or WOZ. If you don’t currently own a JJP game and are considering your next game, consider getting a HUO JJP.

It won’t directly benefit JJP but you might find it to be a fulfilling experience.

#472 4 years ago

I’d be a buyer on a rerun of POTC.

No reason for them to strip it down. All the hard engineering work is already done - models/molds created - code is complete. Take my money.

1 month later
    #473 3 years ago

Man is it dead in here

#474 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchild:

Man is it dead in here

Almost like a pandemic hit or something!

#475 3 years ago

Stern is about to announce tmnt. Things are in motion.

Where is that jjp hype? Let's go Jack!

#476 3 years ago

Man, TMNT. I just am not looking forward to that one.

#477 3 years ago

Based on what I’m hearing it’s going to be August before GNR is shown. It’s a good reliable source I got this info from. Sorry guys. This thread should be dormant for 3 months.

#478 3 years ago

Uuugh - not interested in GNR at all.

#479 3 years ago

Hopefully whatever they release is fun and fast and has something new we’ve never seen! Since I started this hobby I have bitched about many themes in the beginning/release phase that I end up liking because the game play is so good.
    DI
    IMDN
    TWD
    I Don’t like any of those themes, but they play so good. Usually comes down to the code for me and that’s why I usually go with Lyman!

#480 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Man, TMNT. I just am not looking forward to that one.

Terrible....I guess some people love TMNT ?

#481 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lounge:

Uuugh - not interested in GNR at all.

Neither am I, but the design and code should be absolutely baller. I don't have a burning desire for wizard of oz, cell phones or pirates either, but those games are awesome.

#482 3 years ago

The DE version is a nice layout. I am interested in seeing how JJP does it. I think an upper playfield resembling a stage would be cool. Maybe rising up like Doctor Who ?

#483 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Based on what I’m hearing it’s going to be August before GNR is shown. It’s a good reliable source I got this info from. Sorry guys. This thread should be dormant for 3 months.

Do you know something interesting about it? Who has designed? Who’s on the the code? Standard or wide body?
    Can someone tell me how many time the game is usually coming into production after revealing?

#484 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I think an upper playfield resembling a stage would be cool. Maybe rising up like Doctor Who ?

Give me a rotating ball lock, shaped like a 6-gun cylinder, half-sunken in the playfield.

#485 3 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Who’s on the the code?

Eric M who made POTC, should be great

#486 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Eric M who made POTC, should be great

Eric is the designer not the coder.

#487 3 years ago

Jersey Jack needed a Music Pin It could be my first Jersey Jack and i am a Stern Fan. TMNT no thanks!

#488 3 years ago

JJP needs to give The Matrix some serious consideration

#489 3 years ago

JJP should pack it in with a market dominated by negativity and group think perpetuated by this site. I’m sure they have customer service issues... but look what they are trying to do. Generate MAYBE $15 to $20m in revenue per game offset against sizeable COGS, engineering, and SG&A. We should be thanking them for the effort, and consider it an altruistic duty to solve as many problems as we can vs crucifying and vilifying them.

Are they ultimately responsible for quality and service? Yes. Could they make better decisions? Maybe. From my vantage, the available market is small and nasty. Not sure why they bother... I feel bad for them and the negative narrative they will likely never escape. Shame on them for being ambitious and trying hard to deliver more.

#490 3 years ago

Why do these companies keep secrets? Think about it. If you know for a fact that JJP is releasing title "X" and you like so many others have a limited budget, you're not likely going to buy a Stern product because you know what's eventually coming to fruition. Now reverse the company names - same scenario no bias here. But why not provide an annual road map? I seriously don't think it would hurt business. The buzz it would create, the ideas the community could provide .... I literally see no downside.

#491 3 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Why do these companies keep secrets? Think about it. If you know for a fact that JJP is releasing title "X" and you like so many others have a limited budget, you're not likely going to buy a Stern product because you know what's eventually coming to fruition. Now reverse the company names - same scenario no bias here. But why not provide an annual road map? I seriously don't think it would hurt business. The buzz it would create, the ideas the community could provide .... I literally see no downside.

Wait, hold on - let me take this one, pleease !! So I’ve been reading Pinside for a while and I have learned that for many here, the timing, location and style of the announcement and launch are as or more important than the layout, rules and artwork. If it’s not done just right then the launch is considered an absolute disaster which will basically make the game a pin non grata for years to come. Me, I’m with you, I don’t get it.

#492 3 years ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

the timing, location and style of the announcement and launch are as or more important than the layout, rules and artwork.

What? What kind of fool actually cares about the launch as much or more so than the layout and rules, artwork. Sorry but ur way off here sir. As for the secrets, for the last 5 years or so its been pretty clear what titles are coming up regardless of the official announcement. I'm only interested in the DeadFlip vids so i can see game play, until then it doesn't matter what gets announced.

#493 3 years ago
    Quoted from TonLoc777:

Kaneda claims October.

Kaneda doesn't know anything other than the fact he loves to hear himself talk. He knows 110% nothing! No one at JJP would talk to him if his life depended on it. Who really thinks JJP would leak some info to the single most hated person in pinball, the guy who bashes them non-stop, and was removed from their facebook fan group. Seriously!

I'll tell you what I think using some common sense, JJP will announce this game in late June with production starting in July. If we use some logic here GNR has been done for probably 4 to 5 months now. Eric has probably already started his next game. Wonka has been done for well north of a year, so you know Pat's next game Toy Story is probably being coded by now. My prediction stands, GNR was to release at Texas with Toy Story at Expo. Now I think it will be GNR in late June, and Toy Story in October.

JJP would be fools not to release Toy Story for the Christmas season, the biggest family friendly franchise in movie history c'mon. Toy Story is releasing October shipping in November. GNR will 110% be this summer, this gives enough space between the two.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

JJP needs to give The Matrix some serious consideration

Warner is not licensing anything Matrix right now or at least it wasn't because of the new movie. They might have showed up for Matrix at the license expo in Vegas but that was cancelled. Prior to expo you could call Warner and they would tell you holding on Matrix for now. Once that dept had more creative info about the new film is when you'll finally hear about them doing deals for that franchise.

Considering all major movies are pushed back 6 to 12 months you might now hear a word on that front. But I'll bet you'll see a Matrix Pinball sometime around next years Texas Pinball Festival. Matrix 4 releases around the same time.

#494 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

What? What kind of fool actually cares about the launch as much or more so than the layout and rules, artwork. Sorry but ur way off here sir.

Obviously I’m exaggerating a bit here, and I’m not expressing my own opinion. I’m just observing what is being posted and commenting on it. I do not know how much influence Pinside has on the manufacturers, but I assume they will know what is being posted here and adjust their announcement and launch strategies accordingly. DI was criticized strongly because of the long delay between announcement and launch (the word disaster was frequently used for the launch and this delay was as far as I can tell one of the criticisms). The delay was shortened for later games. Of course Pirates had its own situation for being skewered.

I thought it was kind of cool that JJP was involving us in the development process with DI and Pirates, but a lot of folks in Pinside saw that differently.

#495 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I'll tell you what I think using some common sense, JJP will announce this game in late June with production starting in July. If we use some logic here GNR has been done for probably 4 to 5 months now. Eric has probably already started his next game. Wonka has been done for well north of a year, so you know Pat's next game Toy Story is probably being coded by now. My prediction stands, GNR was to release at Texas with Toy Story at Expo. Now I think it will be GNR in late June, and Toy Story in October.
    JJP would be fools not to release Toy Story for the Christmas season, the biggest family friendly franchise in movie history c'mon. Toy Story is releasing October shipping in November. GNR will 110% be this summer, this gives enough space between the two.

Common sense would dictate they need a factory up and running for production to start in July. With a move from NJ to IL, COVID, state lock-downs, etc. I think that would be difficult.

Common sense would dictate that sales of a toy with a starting price north of $9K will not benefit from the Christmas season. Hell, some dedicated pinheads won't buy JJP because of their price premium.

I'm a JJP fanboy and Day 1 Toy Story buyer, but I think your prognostications are ambitious. But I hope you're right!

#496 3 years ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

I thought it was kind of cool that JJP was involving us in the development process with DI and Pirates, but a lot of folks in Pinside saw that differently.

I thought it was INCREDIBLE that JJP adjusted the playfield art on Hobbit after showing early versions and receiving 'feedback' on it. But many on pinside can't handle the idea of prototypes and change without completely freaking out.

change (resized).jpgchange (resized).jpg
    #497 3 years ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

They involved pinside when they saw people were hating on it. Its not like Stern, JJP knows they need pinside support. Very few none enthusiast are paying that kind of money for a pinball machine but a Stern pro? Ok. I just wish the themes were better. I mean I just watched the Wrath Of Khan for the who knows how many times now and its a pin just waiting to be made. The screen taunting back and forth with Kirk and Khan, seems custom designed for a LCD on a pin. great Story, music etc. What do I get. GnR, TMNT, Stranger Things. Hot Wheels. Its sad. JJP StarTrek The Wrath of Khan, sounds good to me and I can finally buy a pin from Jack.

#498 3 years ago

You'd think JJP would have it together after all these years. Whoever said pinball was easy?

#499 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Its not like Stern, JJP knows they need pinside support. Very few none enthusiast are paying that kind of money for a pinball machine but a Stern pro? Ok.

Lots of pinsiders won't buy NIB and JJP doesn't sell stripped pro models.

From my perspective, it seems like Stern premium and LE pricing is very similar to JJP std/LE pricing.
    And while I've got all 5 JJP games (fanboy!), I struggle to justify Stern value/pricing and haven't been able to pull the trigger on one.

#500 3 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

Lots of pinsiders won't buy NIB and JJP doesn't sell stripped pro models.
    From my perspective, it seems like Stern premium and LE pricing is very similar to JJP std/LE pricing.
    And while I've got all 5 JJP games (fanboy!), I struggle to justify Stern value/pricing and haven't been able to pull the trigger on one.

Well said.

There are 1,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-jjp-announce-next-game/page/10?hl=noob-a-tron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.