Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,051 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by danarchy
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9718 (resized).jpeg
    matrix (resized).png
    IMG_2451 (resized).png
    IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
    nX-xq0NC_400x400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2650 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).png
    19AC6A64-764B-4176-B902-1F68AC54D7CF (resized).png
    298AD8C2-82EF-4FB2-9290-7FDF822D70AA (resized).jpeg
    70CA1EFE-2F4D-4B5A-80DB-4177E4CB5647 (resized).jpeg
    733F9956-AE63-49D4-BB84-BF0EE69D2285 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,051 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 22.
    #1 4 years ago

When will JJP announce their next machine? At Expo? And what will it probably be?

#2 4 years ago

2020 possibly never expo with short wait time big win

#3 4 years ago

Well the next machine is going to be Guns and Roses, according to reliable sources. Announcement of 2 games and release of 2 games is expected in 2020. So, I would expect around Midwest Gaming Classic you should see a game available for shipping. Then a second game around Expo 2020. Expo 2019 will unveil WWCF CE only, and maybe give the name of the next release. Maybe not.

#4 4 years ago

I can’t afford it. Oh right, I can afford it, but I won’t buy it.

I loved WOZ (when it worked). I was a huge supporter of JJP, and I like Jack. But it seems he is building games I don’t find to be fun now. What he is building is games that are “ok”. And sorry, but they are priced pretty high. So I’m just standing on the sidelines.

#5 4 years ago

If they were smart, they'd start off talking about the companies history including the difficulties/challenges they've faced especially the playfield issues (tell the public what the actual problem was) and how they've since fixed the issue and how they plan on supporting those NIB buyers who (might) be affected. I feel like their customer service/reputation has taken a real beating. They need to build up consumer confidence and THEN announce the next title.
    I don't personally know too many people who are pro JJP anymore. In fact they've sworn off buying NIB across the board not to mention the couple OPs I know have talked about the ridiculous amount of service calls they've had to deal with and are done buying this brand because of it.

#6 4 years ago

They should publish/hire that homebrew Nightmare Before Christmas guy from London Canada (and tweak it, of course) and put the others on the backburner until mid-2020.

IMO they need some major mojo at the moment and that could put them back on track. Licencing would probably be about $500 a machine and I'm not sure they have the margins to absorb that but they could increase prices for that IP -- the home user market would go nuts for it.

I don't think they will do it, though...it makes too much sense...and they are currently making a big push to appeal to the bar/arcade market as per Stern. Bad idea IMO, I think they should stick to the home market which is the market they seemed to focus on until lately.

#7 4 years ago

I don't see a new Guns and Rose's pin being a big hit, not at $7500 - $12.5k. I still find it odd that JJP would choose that theme. Toy Story has huge potential. A Back to the Future trilogy pin by JJP could also be a huge hit as the theme has mass appeal.

#8 4 years ago

I think they should announce parting ways with mirpoo, so people can start buying their beautiful machines again.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I still find it odd that JJP would choose that theme.

I had assumed JJP chose this theme because the GnR guitarist Slash was involved with JJP. I‘m not attracted that much to rock group pins, but if it‘s gotta be, then I think it‘s cool when the artist is strongly involved like with Alice Cooper. I have never been much of a GnR fan, but I figure they are as good or as bad as any other rock group for a pin.

#10 4 years ago

I think it will be GnR and i can say this will be a best seller!

#11 4 years ago

Gnr is my favorite band, and I'm excited to see how jjp does a band game. That said, jjp to me is all about family favorite storytelling games. I already own acdc, and Metallica so I'm probably not getting another band title. I still love jjp though, and once you story is out, I'll probably be a buyer again. I would love to see them do more classic stories, but properly coded with full assets.

1 month later
    #12 4 years ago

I thought JJP was announcing 2 games this year ? Not including YBR

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

I thought JJP was announcing 2 games this year ? Not including YBR

JJP people at Expo said that JJP is going to fulfill all of the orders for Wonka first. One person said that there was about a thousand Wonka pins to make (including the CEs) at that point in time. One person on the new pin team said that the new one wouldn't be revealed until after the first of the year, another said that if continued Wonka orders go well, and they don't reveal until they are ready to ship, it might be closer to the MGC show. (Their track record is about a month or so for the changeover on the line to a new pin). It doesn't sound like there is a definitive point in time that is planned and it's more like they will switch over once the Wonka demand dies down and they have some number of them unsold in stock. I'm sure that it would be hard to predict when that is.

#14 4 years ago

Seems to me they have a long ways to go before they make two games a year

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Seems to me they have a long ways to go before they make two games a year

I guess it depends on how you look at it. They made Pirates and Wonka within 12 months (but not the same calendar year). The penalty with that is that some people didn't get a JJPOTC that wanted one and waited too long. While the production line is making money with Wonka, they will keep it going instead of cutting that one short too.

#16 4 years ago

I'm never going to see Toy Story at this rate

#17 4 years ago

I thought Jack said 2 games this year ?
    Not including YBR

#18 4 years ago

And Deeproot said they would have four to five complete games last year?

#19 4 years ago

Who cares. I for one will never buy another JJP. Chipping playfields in a $9500 pin and an Oompa Loompa that’s too busy doing cartwheels to solve the issue have turned me off to JJP. I’m sure Jack doesn’t care. I’ve just bought all his machines NIB. Who cares what I think! Fuck the consumer!

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I guess it depends on how you look at it. They made Pirates and Wonka within 12 months (but not the same calendar year). The penalty with that is that some people didn't get a JJPOTC that wanted one and waited too long. While the production line is making money with Wonka, they will keep it going instead of cutting that one short too.

Your kidding right? Look at the announce and release date for POTC they had all sorts of issues. They stopped running all three models of the game with only a total of 1000 games made

#21 4 years ago

Think JJP is the best company to make an Harry Potter pin.

#22 4 years ago

I think music and pinball just work....If they build a kick ass GNR pin my bet it would sell really well. If you combine their typical quality, and their commitment to killer code than GNR could be off the charts. Just look how well Metallica, and ACDC sold....Both are incredible games (Met being the better choice)

#23 4 years ago

If any other company got Harry Potter I would be seriously disappointed, and same with toy story. Can't wait for toy story. Jjp has a certain style about them that matches these themes well. I'm curious to see what they do with GNR, a game that doesn't quite match their wheel house.
    As far as reveal time and two games a year, I'd rather they take time and release only when ready. I bet the playfield issues slowed Wonka production some, and if Wonka really sold great, that backs things up as well. I don't think anyone should be irritated if we don't get GNR this year yet.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

If any other company got Harry Potter I would be seriously disappointed, and same with toy story. Can't wait for toy story. Jjp has a certain style about them that matches these themes well. I'm curious to see what they do with GNR, a game that doesn't quite match their wheel house.
    As far as reveal time and two games a year, I'd rather they take time and release only when ready. I bet the playfield issues slowed Wonka production some, and if Wonka really sold great, that backs things up as well. I don't think anyone should be irritated if we don't get GNR this year yet.

I agree it doesn't really match JJP's type of game. Historically they have been very "family friendly" games. Toy Story and HP would be right in their wheel house. Both would probably be really big sellers.

#25 4 years ago

I can wait, and time is good to put enougt money on side
    (edited by mod team)

#26 4 years ago

I love JJP's pins but I actively dislike GnR. This seems like the kind of theme that Stern could crap out as an afterthought mid-year, but to consider that it will likely be the only JJP release for all of 2020 is a bit disheartening.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from ChippyWonka:

Who cares. I for one will never buy another JJP. Chipping playfields in a $9500 pin and an Oompa Loompa that’s too busy doing cartwheels to solve the issue have turned me off to JJP. I’m sure Jack doesn’t care. I’ve just bought all his machines NIB. Who cares what I think! Fuck the consumer!

Friggen hilarious! Oompa Loompa... I’ll never see Jack the same way again.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thot:

I can wait, and time is good to put enougt money on side ^^ let stern made 3 poor pins in a year by mexicans

Sorry not cool or needed. You don't have to like the company or product but that is plain disrespectful.

#29 4 years ago

I’m pretty sure next year we will see GNR and Toy Story.What I don’t know is what comes after?
    All of the previously leaked game titles will be done

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thot:

I can wait, and time is good to put enougt money on side ^^ let stern made 3 poor pins in a year by mexicans

Screenshot_20191117-152701_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191117-152701_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #31 4 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I don't think anyone should be irritated if we don't get GNR this year yet.

No interest in GNR whatsoever. My concern is that at this pace Toy Story won't likely be released until 2021

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

No interest in GNR whatsoever. My concern is that at this pace Toy Story won't likely be released until 2021

GNR is one of my favorite bands, but already owning acdc and Metallica, I don't have room for another music pin. I'm excited to see it, but probably not one I'll buy unless it blows away one of my other two music pins, forcing me to sell one of my favorite games.

#33 4 years ago

Whatever they make I'll be waiting for a nice HUO one I'll never buy another NIB game from JJP or Stern....waayyyyyy too much risk, and their customer support has gone down hill the last few years.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I will never understand why some people think to bash one company builds up another ridiculous

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thot:

Says the Frenchmen

whine (resized).jpgwhine (resized).jpg
    #36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thot:

haha...Thot

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

I will never understand why some people think to bash one company builds up another ridiculous

Not bashing just stating a fact!

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:I will never understand why some people think to bash one company builds up another ridiculous
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #39 4 years ago

Im so fakking in on Guns and Roses......hoping they announce in Dec

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

You must have have misunderstood. They meant 4 or 5 total

#41 4 years ago

GnR, Toy Story, Harry Potter...

not much in there that I would even be interested enough to play let alone buy. Though Toy Story seems like a perfect fit for JJP...

GnR wouldn't be Appetite For Destruction Pinball. It would be GnR Pinball.
    And they only have one good LP and 1/2 a good EP. That's it.
    How do you make a modern pinball out of that?

Hell Motley Cure would be a better machine. And I'm not pulling for one.
    Though.

A Kickstart My Heart Mode would rock.

#42 4 years ago

GNR ? I think Toy Story has more to offer
    In a pinball especially a JJP platform
    Artwork is easy , animation is there

Harry Potter ? Oh please no

Not ruling out GNR but it’s like dating an old girlfriend, good for a night

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

GnR, Toy Story, Harry Potter.

Sounds like a killer production lineup to me!

#44 4 years ago

Jersey Jack needs a Music pin bad. GNR would be awesome FUCK Toy Story do children buy these machines?

#45 4 years ago

I’d love to see GNR next !

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

FUCK Toy Story do children buy these machines?

No, grown men buy these toys and lock them in their mother's basements away from any children.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

No, grown men buy these toys and lock them in their mother's basements away from any children.

Lol I thought you were going to say Grown men buy these toys to attract children.

#48 4 years ago

So fucking embarrassing that the mods don’t delete dumbass racist comments like Thot’s from this site as soon as they are posted. What’s the point in even having moderators if they don’t moderate content?

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from wmanningiv:

So fucking embarrassing that the mods don’t delete dumbass racist comments like Thot’s from this site as soon as they are posted. What’s the point in even having moderators if they don’t moderate content?

Meh.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Not bashing just stating a fact!

Yes it is a fact but using Sterns chipping in a comment does not lessen JJP chipping issues same goes for Deeproot vs JJP

There are 1,051 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-jjp-announce-next-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.