th-2.jpeg
Price_police.gif
th-13.jpeg
lah_dee_dah.jpeg
image002.gif
whiny.jpg
IMG_4305.JPG
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bearsfan27.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Prices just seem to keep going up everyday anymore. Just saw a Treasure Cove MB on E-Bay for $13,999. Another MB here on Pinside $13,750. Also a WH2O on the Pinside Market for $10,000. Come on now. I am sure these are all nice looking machines, but this is getting ridiculous. Some people apparently have way too much money that are fueling these prices. Sooner or later you would think that everybody is going to stand up and say no way. But I just don't see it happening. The only normal priced pins anymore are Em's. I guess I just need to buy them from now on and let the crazies out there just keep inflating the prices so that everything is $20,000, or just buy NIB from JJP for $7000-$8000 I guess. Crazy people!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

I just don't buy those type of pins. Its pretty easy not to.

I bought my WH2O 3 years ago at the Expo for $2500. Perfect playfield, clear ramps, full LED's, probably a 9.5. Just no way that they should now be worth $10,000.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I'm gunna grab me some Jiffy Pop

Better watch that stuff, I heard there are additives in there that cause cancer, should stick with Vic's or something like that so you will live longer and be able to play more pinball.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You aren't buying those, so why bitch about them? If they sell they were priced right. You can't blame someone for wanting top dollar. If they don't sell the seller will either lower the price or keep them. Want to sell me your Whitewater for $2500? That's what you paid for it, right? Yeah, I didn't think so...

I have never sold a machine, once I buy it and put it in my basement it stays there. I guess my problem is not with the seller, but rather with the buyers that pay these crazy prices. I would love to buy a MB, but apparently that will never happen.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'll give you 9k for your Wh20

My point exactly. )

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

It's a good thing the OP mostly collects Gottliebs.
Price threads....."When will it stop?"

The only reason that I have mostly Gottliebs is that I started my collection in 1966 and they were the King back then, and I have never sold a game since I started collecting. They are all like kids to me. You don't sell or trade your kids do you? I have recently spent some big bucks on a HUO TOM and a very nice TOTAN. However I just can't see spending $10,000 or more on a pin, no matter how nice they are or how much time was put into restoring them. People that spend that much, are just ruining it for the rest of us that don't have that much discretionary income available but would really like to buy a game like MM or MB.

#55 10 years ago

Ok I give. I have seen the light. I won't complain anymore. Sorry.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You have 18 pins and your complaining??? Some people can afford steak & lobster and some only hamburger, some can afford Vets and others Ugo's, some can afford big huge homes and some 1 bedroom trailers...that's life! You'll get no sympathy from me. 18 pins....your not doing THAT bad.

13 of the 18 were all bought for under $1000. though.

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Miss the point much?
Doesn't matter if you got them all for free.

I guess I am, when this thread was originally about over priced pins. Just because I have 18 that shouldn't matter.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nice assortment bearsfan, and it does look like you outgrew your Gottlieb only stance. You could always do what I have been doing. Now that all the big money is tied up in newer pins, I look for more EMs. You could pick yourself up a nice older Williams or Bally for cheap.
Or if you must have something new, then something else may have to go.

Thanks. Since I am an old guy I grew up with EM's thus that is why I have a lot of them. Only in the last few years have I been trying to catch up with the 90's Pins that I missed out on when raising my family. After playing the new ones though I often revert to playing the Em's again as a lot of the time I don't really want to think real hard when playing and the Em's provide the joy of playing without having to get the rule set out to see what I need to do next. So more Em's might be the ticket.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You don't see the irony is someone with 18 pins complaining that they don't have enough money to buy more pins?

I never said I didn't have enough money to buy more. Just that they continue to go up almost every week with no end in sight. Every time you see a new MB for sale it is $1000. more than the last one. I think the WH2o for $10,000 was also a good example. I have never seen one of them that high before.

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

We had a nice MB sell this week in kc for $9400. It was in really good condition and sold in a day or two. Fairly priced. The machines you are looking at and seeing crazy prices on are complete teardown and rebuilds by the best pinball restorers in the business. Those machines can and should fetch that kind of coin because they are AMAZING work. McCune, HEP, ChadKeller, and of course BK.

I know that these machines look great when these guys are done with them. Sometimes better than new. It just seems like they try to outdo each other though. 11M for a MB one week. The next week someone has one for 12M. The next one is 13M and so forth. That is what I am really getting at.

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

You know this really gets funnier as the months go on. When will the price of a new car stopping going up or the price of building a new home or a new boat. PRICES GO UP......milk, bread, pasta, etc......stocks go up over the long run as well....EVERYTHING GOES UP as we age (well with the exception of one thing but now they have the "blue pill" so even that keeps going up....little humor in the middle of a very sour subject for a lot of people.
The only thing that is going to stop MM and MB and FH and TZ and all the older pins from going up is NEW TECHNOLOGY.....then they will CRASH DOWN and it will happen someday. When the old pins are no longer as much fun to play as the new ones then old pins will COME DOWN IN PRICE but not until. As long as we can all still debate whether a TZ, SS or MM is as good as a AC/DC premium, X-Men, Woz, etc the old machines will continue to go up because the new machines will continue to go up....it truly is that simple !!!
This hobby is mainly driven by people with A LOT of disposable income. Hey, pinsiders have to be responsible with their money because lets face it most of these games are bought between pinsiders and I don't know any of us that take CREDIT CARDS.....LOL !!!
I just feel most of us (myself included) lose track of how lucky we are to be able to buy these "expensive toys".....the good news is there are still A LOT of games out there under $3K that are A LOT OF FUN (WW, FH, T2, Dr. Who, HS2, BSD, INDY 500, etc. etc.) so you don't have to spend $7K to enjoy this hobby.....you can buy a players condition Taxi for $800 or less, Cue Ball Wizard for a grand, etc. etc......so that is the good news.
I don't believe I will ever buy a MM or CC or MB unless someone gives me an unbelievable deal....my personal limit is $6K as I feel that is plenty of money to spend on a pin.....I like to keep my average pin at around $3K-$4K and most of the titles I own I purchased for around $4K or less including SS, TSPP, HS2, TOM and INDY 500 which are all great and fun games....for $5K you can still get a nice SM or X-MEN LE which I feel are GREAT GAMES. You could have gotten a NIB TRON PRO for under $5K earlier this year....another GREAT GAME.....
However, we will all be having this same conversation next year complaining about not being able to find a TZ for under $6K (which is coming) or a SS for under $5K (which is already becoming hard to do) or even a FH under $3K.....however, they should go up as long as Stern keeps raising the prices on the new games coming out.....because in most cases they aren't any better or more fun then most of the "oldies but goodies"........BUT THE DAY WILL COME WHEN TECHNOLOGY WILL CHANGE and all of our EXPENSIVE COLLECTIONS will be worth 1/3 of what they are today or less and then we will see who TRULY DID IT BECAUSE THEY LOVE THE HOBBY and NOT FOR AN INVESTMENT !!!

It is a given that everything keeps going up in price. Candy bars were a nickel when I was a kid. The real issue I am focusing on is the rate that they go up. The MBs that are being listed are the main example. Three weeks ago you had one for 11M. Two weeks ago one was 12M. Last week you had one for 14M. I am sure these probably all look better than new. I just can't see every week them costing $1000 more than the week before. This is the real issue.

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

After seeing your other post, I see that your limit is roughly $6k so it makes sense that you can't see spending $10k on a pin no matter how nice it is. What would your response be to someone whose limit is $2k and they can't see spending $4k on a pin? We all have our own limits on how much we want to spend in this hobby.

Limits have nothing to do with it. MB----11m three weeks ago, 12M two weeks ago, 14M last week. All nice restores I am sure. 15M next week????? This is what I am getting at.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

I'm confused, and it doesn't take much, are you talking Millions here now (11M, 12M, 14M, 15M) or has the USA issued new currency overnight, otherwise for the Trillionth time stop exaggerating
my other useless retorts to the original question are:
A) when the music stops
B) when the rather large female stops serenading
C) I have no idea, all I know is money doesn't spend itself

You are right. For some reason I put M when I really meant K. Old brain not working right all the time I guess.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

17,250 (OBO)
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bearsfan27.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-it-stop?tu=bearsfan27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.