• 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gryszzz
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5A0CFF9B-898E-461C-8065-1CC1EACE3D61 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Take the cost of a license out and you can sell them at a much lower cost with the same profit margin.

Wrong. Licenses don’t cost that much compared to the assets and brand recognition you get from a license.

CGC would have to hire a team of artists & animators & that they haven’t needed yet. The small team doing their “HD Dots” is basically tracing over old material with minimal animation. Not to mention needing a musician/sound designer & a good artist. A non licensed game would most cost the same or more in the end. It’s more expensive to create everything from scratch & then the outcome is low sales.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“They should do an unlicensed game and slash their prices!” Is a long running laugher around here.
For the 900 millionth time….
NOBODY IS GOING TO LOWER PRICES ON PINBALL MACHINES. Ever.
That’s not how it works. Did Dialed in cost less than Hobbit because it was unlicensed?

We need a sticky so we don’t have to explain it to the 100th person who has the epiphany that unlicensed games are easier and cheaper and sell.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If that's even true (?), yes that's exactly the same thing as a manufacturer selling brand new games at a lower price because it's unlicensed, which has never in history happened.

That’s one of those data points that stops people from spending big money on new games with an unknown theme. “Eh, I’ll get it cheaper later”. I love Pat Lawlor games, but that was my exact thought with DI & the reason I didn’t buy one new.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Time is money and jumping through hoops of a license with a smaller company may not be there cup of tea. They will only sell less if the games sucks where a license game that equally sucks will sell better due to the license. Im sure we can all name a few of these. I for one would love to see an great unlicensed GEM to come out and blow us all away. Dont worry for the rest of you its only a few months away from another superhero or band pin....

Looks at your collection....all licensed games, including band & superhero. lol

Your collection should be Oktoberfest, Dialed In, Punny Factory & Super Hoops!

The "hoops" of a license are minimal for the benefit. It doesn't matter if an original IP game doesn't suck...no one knows that at launch. Factories need orders to run properly. No one orders original games. They wait and see. If they wait and see, factory doesn't build them. If factory doesn't build them, no one can go and see. A hot license will sell before anyone plays it. That's why new pinball still exists.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Funny you believe everything you read on the internet.

Here we go, zero to sixty….

Quoted from 6S3NC3:

My collection is not on the internet or in my profile.

It literally is. Unless you’re lying about these 4 games for some reason?

5A0CFF9B-898E-461C-8065-1CC1EACE3D61 (resized).jpeg5A0CFF9B-898E-461C-8065-1CC1EACE3D61 (resized).jpeg

Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Yes I have band pins and superhero pins and movie pins and so does every one else.

I know. Because you posted your collection on your profile on the internet.

Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Also was in line for MG and BHZA until John F***** us. Even flew out to him and seen everything he was working on.

So wait, I think you’re the guy who believes everything you read on the internet. I knew Jpop’s scams & lies were lies and scams from Day 1.

Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Im the guy on board supporting the unlicensed themes.

Are you? I mean, you gave money to a criminal…but did you buy Dialed In? Oktoberfest? Valhalla?

Quoted from 6S3NC3:

To bad im in the minority and it shows. Hey I get it. License pins sell. People don't believe in there skill or talent and dont like to take chances with risk of failure in this industry and that's fact.

Yeah, factories like to stay in business. Weird.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I have many more than 4 pins my guy. If your collection is accurate I have more than you.

Why is this now a dick measuring contest? I don’t care how many games you have.

I was merely making the point: You complained about superhero & band games, yet you own them. Simple. Not sure why you’re flying off the handle about it.

Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Jpop was a scam from day one? U know nothing and im not going to explain it to you. He just has no clue how to run a business.

LOL, it’s 2022 and we’re even debating this? GTFO bro…it was clearly as an untenable scam from day 1. Even if he knew how to do anything (he doesn’t), the financials NEVER made sense. As soon as he started announcing more games, the pyramid scheme was clear. I know nothing? OK, whatever helps you sleep at night. Please explain nothing to me…it would make as little sense as this beef you’re trying to start with me.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Ok Gregory your right....smh

You’re.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
8,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salt Lake City, UT
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Wanted
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-cgc-build-more-of-the-big-3?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.