• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

394744D9-73FC-41F3-A0E4-9CF51E5D591E.jpeg
New Bitmap Image (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Based off of my personal experience, I'm going to guess May 2022. Almost every sell/trade I made up to and including Allentown this year I was up a little. I've been down on just about everything since.

#2 1 year ago

This is not a sensible question?

When was/is the peak of ANYTHING pricing?

It's unanswerable.

When is the peak of television pricing?

When is the peak of game system pricing?

When is the peak of couch pricing?

When is the peak of pencil pricing?

When is the peak of bubblegum pricing?

There is no peak.

People are going to pay what they are going to pay.

Prices will continue to rise. Certain things will increase in value dramatically, certain things will increase in value slowly. Rarely, things will cost less than when they were at their best price, and sometimes that same item will regain much of it's initial value.

The pinball market is not addressed in any sensible way by your question.

#3 1 year ago

I would say we’re here. Seeing just one CE here or just one LE there means that everyone that really wants to own one can now actually access one at Msrp albeit higher than previous titles but now the manufacturers reap the scalper price but the consumer can actually get a game now.

#4 1 year ago

"Now. You're looking at now."
When WASN'T it?
"Then."
How do we get back to then?
"We can't. We missed it, just now."

#5 1 year ago

Thats what he said!!

#6 1 year ago

The correct answer is 2062, adjusted for inflation.

#7 1 year ago

Coz has it figured out.

New Bitmap Image (resized).jpgNew Bitmap Image (resized).jpg
#8 1 year ago

Tomorrow

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

"Now. You're looking at now."
When WASN'T it?
"Then."
How do we get back to then?
"We can't. We missed it, just now."

Literally came here to post this exact thing. Damn you!

#10 1 year ago

1965. That was the peak year.

#11 1 year ago

The answer is always "now." No matter what day or year you read this.

#12 1 year ago

If I’m selling, yesterday. If I’m buying, tomorrow.

#13 1 year ago

I’m guessing you haven’t seen that 10 year old thread on Pinside talking about how insane the “current” market was back then. We will have that same thread 10 years from now. As for your experience some games get hot and some cool down; nothing new imo.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

When was the peak of Pinball Pricing?

Dunno. However, I CAN offer the following bit of fascinating info:

Definition of "Satan's cheese": Patches of hot oil residue in your food that you normally end up scolding your mouth with. Usually found in cheese based pastas and lasagnes.

Carry on and eat safely.

#15 1 year ago

Good grief not again...

#16 1 year ago

394744D9-73FC-41F3-A0E4-9CF51E5D591E.jpeg394744D9-73FC-41F3-A0E4-9CF51E5D591E.jpeg

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Based off of my personal experience, I'm going to guess May 2022. Almost every sell/trade I made up to and including Allentown this year I was up a little. I've been down on just about everything since.

Here in Australia I think we started not so much as a downward trend (although some games are going cheaper) more a slowdown with more and more quality games now sitting for much longer. Some not selling at all where as up till July/August quality games didn’t last more than 12hrs.

I recently sold a JM here in very nice condition that I had to keep discounting to find the market. Late model LE Sterns are much slower now and sellers are discounting even though some don’t want to admit it. If it’s a hard sell title like GNRLE or AlienLV then look out and be prepared to take a hit, speaking from experience here lol.

#18 1 year ago

I would disagree with folks thinking that pinball will go up forever. There is a classical economic cycle for collector items: aka peeps buy at 55 what they dreamed of when they were teenagers. Why 55? this is when you have disposable income ( house paid, children education paid and so on ) this is why old comics, retro gaming fashion and so on. Who cares about pinballs from the 50's ? movies from the 40's ? very few of us as the circle is over. So yes they will go down in oblivion once the people who experienced them onsite as youngsters will be gone/too old. This is also why marvel and star wars are back into fashion. Let say in 25 years from now pinball will be gone as noone will ba able/care to maintain them. We should be close from the top.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from etien:

I would disagree with folks thinking that pinball will go up forever. There is a classical economic cycle for collector items: aka peeps buy at 55 what they dreamed of when they were teenagers. Why 55? this is when you have disposable income ( house paid, children education paid and so on ) this is why old comics, retro gaming fashion and so on. Who cares about pinballs from the 50's ? movies from the 40's ? very few of us as the circle is over. So yes they will go down in oblivion once the people who experienced them onsite as youngsters will be gone/too old. This is also why marvel and star wars are back into fashion. Let say in 25 years from now pinball will be gone as noone will ba able/care to maintain them. We should be close from the top.

This is exactly why I said 2062 is the correct answer! Same principle but I’m guessing a bit further out due to young people still experiencing pinball in 90s arcades.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRetail:

This is not a sensible question?
When was/is the peak of ANYTHING pricing?
It's unanswerable.
When is the peak of television pricing?
When is the peak of game system pricing?
When is the peak of couch pricing?
When is the peak of pencil pricing?
When is the peak of bubblegum pricing?
There is no peak.
People are going to pay what they are going to pay.
Prices will continue to rise. Certain things will increase in value dramatically, certain things will increase in value slowly. Rarely, things will cost less than when they were at their best price, and sometimes that same item will regain much of it's initial value.
The pinball market is not addressed in any sensible way by your question.

Thank you for your insight since you have been on this site for all of about 2 seconds

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

If I’m selling, yesterday. If I’m buying, tomorrow.

Same

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

Thank you for your insight since you have been on this site for all of about 2 seconds

Yeah, but he's in retail.

#23 1 year ago

Well… this game called Ultraman came out, then Toy Story 4 came along and said ”Hold my Beer.”

#24 1 year ago

The peak was when you listed your Flash Gordon for 5K.

I kid, I kid.

But definitely right around that time.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

The peak was when you listed your Flash Gordon for 5K.
I kid, I kid.
But definitely right around that time.

Eh... I'd say it was closer to when I paid $4900 for it back in May... Same weekend I sold my AFMrLE/R&M for $25,500. It's been a downhill slide since... I'm slowing down my buy/sell/trade and shifting to a few long term keepers mixed in with some temporary trades.

#26 1 year ago

Just sold a Zilla at 24k, wonder how much higher it could have went?

#28 1 year ago

Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-was-the-peak-of-pinball-pricing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.