(Topic ID: 246415)

When Was The Last True "Surprise" Pin From Stern, With No Leaks?

By SantaEatsCheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1562118864218 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

When was the last real surprise pin from Stern? There are all sorts of rumors and wishes for what is coming next, but other than Elvira coming later this year, we really don't have anything firm? Without speculating on what is coming next (plenty of other threads for that) when was the last time we were actually surprised by a theme, or didn't know which theme was coming say a week before launch?

Stern's either got nothing on the table for immediate release, or they've really tapped down on the leaks.

#2 4 years ago

I think WWE was a complete surprise. I can’t remember anything after WWE that was totally out of left field.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

When was the last real surprise pin from Stern? There are all sorts of rumors and wishes for what is coming next, but other than Elvira coming later this year, we really don't have anything firm? Without speculating on what is coming next (plenty of other threads for that) when was the last time we were actually surprised by a theme, or didn't know which theme was coming say a week before launch?
    Stern's either got nothing on the table for immediate release, or they've really tapped down on the leaks.

It’s coming soon!

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I think WWE was a complete surprise. I can’t remember anything after WWE that was totally out of left field.

They released A WWF pin??? (sorry, bad joke)

I would love to see a manufacture mislead people with misinformation and false info, just like they do in the CIA.

Or how about release "whitewood 1.0". Theme is 2ramps, 2loops, spinner 1&2 ETC. Spell pinball!!!

#5 4 years ago

I'm all in for them just shutting their mouth and it being a surprise....I really don't know how much it helps them to leak it anywhom. Big fans of something will always find monies to buy something, and all Pinisde does is bitch aboot whatever it is.

#6 4 years ago

I think there were rumblings about WWE. The last surprise was Mustang. Supreme was a surprise, not sure if that counts.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

and all Pinisde does is bitch aboot whatever it is.

Seriously?

#8 4 years ago

Never. There is always someone who knows.

#9 4 years ago

lol I see what you did there.
    -mof

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Never. There is always someone who knows.

1562118864218 (resized).jpg1562118864218 (resized).jpg
    #11 4 years ago

Brian Eddy getting hired? That was a surprise. Also what he's working on. Anybody know?

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Brian Eddy getting hired? That was a surprise. Also what he's working on. Anybody know?

Jaws.

Shit...

I just blew the surprise.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm all in for them just shutting their mouth and it being a surprise....I really don't know how much it helps them to leak it anywhom. Big fans of something will always find monies to buy something, and all Pinisde does is bitch aboot whatever it is.

It's all a marketing gimmick. They leak the information knowing that it will get out. When people hear rumours, they get interested, and the furor becomes free advertising for the machine.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from arolden:

It's all a marketing gimmick. They leak the information knowing that it will get out. When people hear rumours, they get interested, and the furor becomes free advertising for the machine.

Yup, I just don't know if it really works. I think if Stern just has a decent release plan, video, Hi res pics, matrix etc.... Like they have recently its enough.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yup, I just don't know if it really works. I think if Stern just has a decent release plan, video, Hi res pics, matrix etc.... Like they have recently its enough.

You gotta admit, Stern's recent use of teaser videos like they did with Iron Maiden or BKSOR, followed by pics and more video the next couple of days is a WHOLE lot better than their past fumbling of pics showing up that were taken down and denied knowledge of.......

#16 4 years ago

I would have to say GOT when that came out. Its cab/translite package debut surprised quite a lot of folks with its lack of.
    Was it leaked. Not sure and can't remember.

#17 4 years ago

I thought it was leaked which lead to the usual Aurich pissing and moanings

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-was-the-last-true-surprise-pin-from-stern-with-no-leaks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.