Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Linolium
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2014-07-03-11-59-11.png
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 years ago

Once it is in the house...

#52 9 years ago

For the most part, I wait until the game is inside my house.

Sometimes I'll jump the gun...like if I know I'm getting a lot of games in. (I do this because I know I'll get busy and forget when I'm dealing with a bunch of new games). If it is paid for completely, I guess it is fair game, though.

Pete

#53 9 years ago

If I have a deposit, I add the game. If I pull out, then I remove. Adding it makes it seem more real instead of just waiting.

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

If I have a deposit, I add the game. If I pull out, then I remove. Adding it makes it seem more real instead of just waiting.

But then you end up with games you never owned ending up on your "previously owned" list.

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

But then you end up with games you never owned ending up on your "previously owned" list.

You can add/remove games from the previously owned list.

#56 9 years ago

If it were not for all the small boutique manufactures of games this thread would not exist.

#57 9 years ago

I usually do it within a few days after I get a game home. I would think it's bad karma to add a game to your collection before it's physically in your possession.

#58 9 years ago

When paid for.

#59 9 years ago

I only add a game when it arrives and never before...because sometimes they never do.
    Edited: because there was a better way to say it.

#60 9 years ago

80 pinsiders owns a Hobbit

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

5th exciting thing, modding it like a ricer

Screenshot_2014-07-03-11-59-11.pngScreenshot_2014-07-03-11-59-11.png
    #62 9 years ago
    Quoted from pascal-pinball:

80 pinsiders owns a Hobbit

First to pay is first to play-ish.

#63 9 years ago

I'm tempted to add it after paying in full, but only add it to the list after unboxing and first game. If you don't have it, you don't have it.

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from Imeh:

Somehow I find it hard to believe it makes any earth shattering difference either way.

I've seen several people who have a game like WOZ in their owned previously list. I asked one of them why they had already sold it and was told they never had it. They listed it among their games owned when they ordered it and put in a deposit on it, but later cancelled and got a refund. Taking it off their "owned" list automatically put it in their "previously owned" list. For this reason I would say the proper way is to list a game as owned only after you have taken delivery.

Quoted from DCFAN:

You can remove games from your previously owned list.

The person I talked to didn't know how to do so (and thought you couldn't), so it's still on his list.

#65 9 years ago

I don't own any pins at the moment. I added The Hobbit to my 'collection' after I pre ordered it. Partly because it was fun to add it, second to show that I am a preorder (in case people want to know who is preordering it), and lastly so that I 'feel' like a 'real' pinsider

#66 9 years ago

Only when it's in my house.

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-to-list-a-game-as-owned/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.