(Topic ID: 273577)

When to accept "you're just no good (at pinball)"?

By curban

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by SPeD66
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 3 years ago

I'm not that good, but I am getting better. I hang around for those occasional killer balls that make the adrenaline rush.

For some strange reason, I think I will go broke dropping quarters into and arcade machine, but have no problem with spending thousands just to save a few quarters

Seriously, I am getting better and get some lucky games in once in awhile. But as the others talk up, it is all about having fun. Enjoy them. Have gun playing them. But keep your eyes and brain open on how the shot is made. Case in point: Most of the highly needed shots are made at the very tip of the flipper; A few need to be backhand shots. But most are at the tip of the flipper.

You have to work on your reflexes. Especially your hand/eye coordination.

But have fun first.

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from curban:

Wow. Lotsa tips and encouragement in this thread. Thanks everyone.
    Laid off the Sterns and let Getaway kick my ass tonight.
    I could probably spend some time on videos and learning a bit more technique, but seems the consensus is to ‘just enjoy’ and don’t worry too much about where I’m at on the scoreboard.

Go to youtube and type in " pinball flipper skills". You will find some good instructions in there. You have to have good flipper skills to progress.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pinball+flipper+skills

Now, if someone would write a book on how to learn all of the rules for the super duper pinball machine of lifetime the perhaps I would know what I am doing on a late model pin.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-to-accept-you-re-just-no-good-at-pinball?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.