(Topic ID: 270667)

When selling how do you guys typically handle things?

By too-many-pins

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by freeplay3
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3BF58B8A-3D13-41EB-BF43-232B7F279865.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 3 years ago

I've sold 15 Bally early SS games and 5 Gottlieb EM's plus a couple Willliams in the last 3 years, another 35 in the prior 17 years. All went smoothly, knock wood. Some went to local friends, many via Pinside and a few via CL and only one on eBay. The majority were fully working semi or fully restored games. I always give 1st person to contact 1st dibs. But we need to speak on the phone so I get a feel for the buyer. If they sound like a tire kicker or unable to do minor repairs after picking it up and dragging 100's miles home, that's an issue. I've given phone support on a couple sales when they got their game home to resolve minor issues.

I only gotten a deposit a couple times, I'm old school and expect your commitment to buy is real and serious. I expect "cash on the glass" as mentioned here 1K times. Had a Centaur buyer concerned about carrying over 4K in cash, was a deal breaker till he decided to travel 275 miles with cash. You play it and pay cash, simple.

On the flip side, I've reached a price with a seller, gave my commitment to buy it, offered a deposit and it was refused. I will generally pick up a game in 2-5 days. Lost several because the seller took another offer just to move it a day sooner. It is what it is.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-selling-how-do-you-guys-typically-handle-things?tu=tomdrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.