(Topic ID: 226768)

When sales go wrong... best to try to make it right

By Rdoyle1978

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 5 years ago

I had the sound go out on an X-Men arcade I was selling. Never had any issues before that, but wanted to play a final game before the buyer got there. Called the buyer and explained what happened and offered a discount if they were still interested. They took the game at the discounted price, but I felt bad.

Also was on the receiving end several times. All these games were described as working, but when I arrived they had issues. Hardbody wouldn't start when I arrived to pick it up. We messed with it for about 30-minutes, then I finally just made an offer. Buyer accepted. I can't remember exactly what was wrong, but it wasn't anything major. Congo was completely DOA. Again we messed with it and found a ROM in upside down. After that was reinstalled there was still no sound or video. It was a good deal, so I just paid the agreed upon amount and loaded it up. Put a few hundred into it to get it working. F-14 had multiple issues including flippers, pop bumper, and scoring not working. Seller didn't want to budge, but we negotiated it down a very bit. I wish I would have let that one sit. I brought it 90% of the way then passed it along as a partial project to someone else.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-sales-go-wrong?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.