(Topic ID: 320823)

Changing the game.... or is it a game changer?

By MrBigg

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 351 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 days ago by cwg29
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What was the hardest part in your homebrew build?”

• Playfield layout, and cutting 13 votes
      34%
    • Cpu repurposing, and wiring 14 votes
      37%
    • Finding items for your build 2 votes
      5%
    • Theme, and design 1 vote
      3%
    • Graphics for you cabinet, playfield, and back glass 8 votes
      21%

(38 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230818_130854 (resized).jpg
    20240309_151858 (resized).jpg
    20240309_151844 (resized).jpg
    20240309_151911 (resized).jpg
    20240309_151817 (resized).jpg
    20240309_151827 (resized).jpg
    20240309_151805 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20231102_173113_Messenger (resized).jpg
    20230610_162316 (resized).jpg
    20230610_162310 (resized).jpg
    20230604_090718 (resized).jpg
    20230604_090729 (resized).jpg
    20230530_183633 (resized).jpg
    20230530_183428 (resized).jpg
    20230530_183402 (resized).jpg
    20230530_183453 (resized).jpg
    There are 351 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
    #301 12 months ago
    Quoted from AzureOz:

Below is a summary of the BDC Flipper wiring for reference.
    [quoted image]

Thanks Azure. I'll recheck that and see if that's my ghost causing the left pop to jump erratically.

#302 12 months ago

Hell yeah! Looks amazing and unique and the color pops like no machine I have ever seen! Keep it up brother!

#303 11 months ago
    Quoted from DaddyManD:

Hell yeah! Looks amazing and unique and the color pops like no machine I have ever seen! Keep it up brother!

Down to only 1 ghost left. Today I search for that, then hopefully start moving forward on the final few things...sound, topper light, and cabinet paint.

#304 11 months ago
    Quoted from MrBigg:

Down to only 1 ghost left.

You're doing much better than my buddy. He only owns one game and he's constantly finding ghosts in it.
    Then again, his game in America's Most Haunted, so . . .

#305 11 months ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

You're doing much better than my buddy. He only owns one game and he's constantly finding ghosts in it.
    Then again, his game in America's Most Haunted, so . . .

I'm assuming the police are the main music in that pin? Ghosts in the machine?

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrpyDacBCh7DBTZPD_JLCY-EjQTGjCKQF

#306 11 months ago

How can you literally give life to a new game, then it turns on you? Lol

Learning your own game can even be a challenge for shots.

Found my last bug, and can you guess what happens when a bulb socket, and a Rollover switch bracket are making contact? My guess is bugs, pop bumpers going nuts, game resetting, etc, but that's just a wild guess on my part.

Next is custom sound card, and redoing a few stacked switches after replacing 6 bad switches from the factory on out lanes.
    Game play video also included at no extra charge.

#307 11 months ago

So my best friend came over, as I promised him first crack at it after I got it running, and we played about 40 games last night. Everything went really good, found one spot that the ball very rarely got stuck, and needs a post. So that went really well.

Noticed as the evening went on the lights in the coin slots started to flicker everytime the flipper buttons were pushed, and then the machine shut down, went into reset, and won't play now.
    Not going to mess with it today, but I'm guessing possibly a rectifier, or some power issue. I'll run some tests this week, and check for another possible short somewhere.

Regardless, we had a blast, and the game played very good, very fun, and all the shots are doable. My buddy gave it an 8 out of 10 which to me was outstanding, and my gf thinks it's a good playing game as well.

All in all, I give it a solid 7 for play, and I enjoyed it as well, it'll be much better with the new sounds, and music.
    So it's close, it's fun, and I did something I didn't think I could do. Now to finish this beast, and move it into the house.

20230429_185031 (resized).jpg20230429_185031 (resized).jpg
    #308 11 months ago

AzureOz here is the relay I have, but what do you think of the idea I had with the knocker, and a hold timer for the topper strobe?

20230430_161644 (resized).jpg20230430_161644 (resized).jpg20230430_161652 (resized).jpg20230430_161652 (resized).jpg
    #309 11 months ago

Here is a suggestion for how to wire the Relay board to control an additional feature using a lamp signal.
    Schematic_Pin Bally BDC_2023-05-02.pdfSchematic_Pin Bally BDC_2023-05-02.pdf
    This may or may not work as it may cause the relay to switch too fast. If that is the case an additional piece of circuitry will be required.

The Power +5V and Ground can be power from the voltage regulator +5V output or for your machine you could use the general illumination +5V and ground from the SMPS.

Here is a circuit that I think matches that Relay Board.
    Relay PCB (resized).jpgRelay PCB (resized).jpg

#310 11 months ago

Here is a suggestion for an adapter to use wav trigger sound cards. The adapter uses the original connector to decode the game sounds and send them to the trigger input on 2 wav trigger sound cards. This is an idea for a prototype we can try.

Edit: Post edited as first posted schematic and layout was not complete and would not work.

Sound cards interface adapter v1_0 pcb (resized).jpgSound cards interface adapter v1_0 pcb (resized).jpg

Bally WavTrigger interface adapter v1_0.pdfBally WavTrigger interface adapter v1_0.pdf
    #311 11 months ago
    Quoted from AzureOz:

Here is a suggestion for an interface to use newer sound cards. They could be side by side (inverted) or top and bottom, I like the top and bottom more myself. The interface card uses the original connector to decode the game sounds and send them to the new sound card triggers. This is not a final circuit needs to input protection resistors and caps added.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

This is not only genius, but also something I was told couldn't be done, to trigger the bally cards to fire my new sounds without switches.
    Don't post anymore photos here as this could be something to do as an aftermarket money maker to sell restructured sound for rethemes, and also homebrewers.
    I am always bl9wn away by how incredible, and detailed your thought process is. Excellent work Azure, and ty for being such a huge help on this f8nal leg of my homebrew project.
    Unbelievable!!!

#312 11 months ago
    Quoted from AzureOz:

Here is a suggestion for how to wire the Relay board to control an additional feature using a lamp signal.
    [quoted image]
    This may or may not work as it may cause the relay to switch too fast. If that is the case an additional piece of circuitry will be required.
    The Power +5V and Ground can be power from the voltage regulator +5V output or for your machine you could use the general illumination +5V and ground from the SMPS.
    Here is a circuit that I think matches that Relay Board.
    [quoted image]

Success on the topper strobe light, worked like a charm. Lights perfectly off the special light to the relay. No intermitent issues with the hold on the relay. Excellent idea, thank you.

#313 11 months ago

What goes great with a homebrew? Morning brew coffee in custom cups of course!

20230506_132137 (resized).jpg20230506_132137 (resized).jpg
    #314 11 months ago

I updated the earlier Wav Trigger Adapter post I made with updated pictures that are closer to a prototype.

#315 11 months ago

AzureOz here are some pics of the sparkfun wav sound card. It's even smaller than I guessed.

20230507_132024 (resized).jpg20230507_132024 (resized).jpg20230507_132052 (resized).jpg20230507_132052 (resized).jpg20230507_132100 (resized).jpg20230507_132100 (resized).jpg20230507_132110 (resized).jpg20230507_132110 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #316 11 months ago

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, I've been down about 2 weeks with covid now. Just now getting to where I can semi take a solid breath again.
    3rd time I've had this stuff since it came on the scene almost 3 years ago, and this was the roughest version yet for me.

Anyway I'm going to try and start back working on the BDC pin, and I should have everything working correctly minus sound card development.
    Azure has been helping me with a cool design to adapt an old bally card to a new style wav card to use old triggers, to make new sounds fire.

Beyond that I have the cabinet paint to finish.

In other news, we are saving up for our first nice newer pin for Christmas to each other, a TMNT, and we will be redoing the living room to move in our pins from the shop as we get them working. Next up is a supersonic, that I will be turning into a more colorful 2.0 version, as this playfield is trashed, and the overlay is horribly drab.
    Picked it up for $500 around Dec., with all new parts, etc already with it, from a guy who lost interest.
    We also have an Allied leisure Eros One in pretty good shape, that I'll soon have a new repro cpu for.

Lastly the new playfield design for my next homebrew is under review, and looking at different ramps I've printed, some layouts, and a few other things like the no shooter lane, and instead the ball will drop out from the back somewhere, and open the playfield a bit more at the bottom.
    Still working on the setup for the epoxy pour for the carbon fiber, and how I'll get the graphics to "float" between the first pour, and final pour.
    Good times ahead, and have really enjoyed everyone's progress on their homebrews. Really helped watching your progress while I've been sick.

1 week later
    #317 10 months ago

AzureOz here are the sound card dimensions you asked for. Hope this helps.

20230530_183402 (resized).jpg20230530_183402 (resized).jpg20230530_183428 (resized).jpg20230530_183428 (resized).jpg20230530_183453 (resized).jpg20230530_183453 (resized).jpg20230530_183633 (resized).jpg20230530_183633 (resized).jpg
    #318 10 months ago
    Quoted from MrBigg:

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, I've been down about 2 weeks with covid now. Just now getting to where I can semi take a solid breath again.
    3rd time I've had this stuff since it came on the scene almost 3 years ago, and this was the roughest version yet for me.
    Anyway I'm going to try and start back working on the BDC pin, and I should have everything working correctly minus sound card development.
    Azure has been helping me with a cool design to adapt an old bally card to a new style wav card to use old triggers, to make new sounds fire.
    Beyond that I have the cabinet paint to finish.
    In other news, we are saving up for our first nice newer pin for Christmas to each other, a TMNT, and we will be redoing the living room to move in our pins from the shop as we get them working. Next up is a supersonic, that I will be turning into a more colorful 2.0 version, as this playfield is trashed, and the overlay is horribly drab.
    Picked it up for $500 around Dec., with all new parts, etc already with it, from a guy who lost interest.
    We also have an Allied leisure Eros One in pretty good shape, that I'll soon have a new repro cpu for.
    Lastly the new playfield design for my next homebrew is under review, and looking at different ramps I've printed, some layouts, and a few other things like the no shooter lane, and instead the ball will drop out from the back somewhere, and open the playfield a bit more at the bottom.
    Still working on the setup for the epoxy pour for the carbon fiber, and how I'll get the graphics to "float" between the first pour, and final pour.
    Good times ahead, and have really enjoyed everyone's progress on their homebrews. Really helped watching your progress while I've been sick.

Hope you are feeling better Bigg!

#319 10 months ago
    Quoted from DaddyManD:

Hope you are feeling better Bigg!

Thank you my friend, I'm finally starting to get some energy back, and my breathing is getting much better. This was a rough patch, but I'm seeing some daylight finally. Ty for checking on me.

#320 10 months ago

So the latest update is this.... I now have some voltage bleeding across a lighting ckt to another ckt somewhere, so that will be next to track down.
    2) I have a switch matrix issue somewhere.... so when the left pop switch is pressed, it makes the right kicker coil fire, & when the right drop down target is hit, it makes the center pop coil fire.

This has become absurdly frustrating. No switches show faults in test mode, and I can't find any shorts in the switch matrix.
    Beginning to wonder if it's a diode/diodes have gone bad, or if I'm just an idiot, and overlooking something simple?

The last 5% of this project has become the hardest, and I'm beginning to wonder if I should even attempt another after this.
    I'm definitely not giving up, especially after all I've went though with early issues, broken playfield debacle, etc, but I'm at a point where I'm struggling to see what to check next.
    Guess I'll put it back on the rotisserie, and start working my way through circuits again.

#321 10 months ago

Might be a diode or two. Is there a normally closed switch in the matrix somewhere making a connection? Are the pops and kicker and drops on the same line in the matrix? Maybe a transistor on the board? Can you post a pic of the matrix? I forget the original game.

These gremlins are the hardest to search out, but also the most rewarding when you find them. Keep up the hunt.

#322 10 months ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Might be a diode or two. Is there a normally closed switch in the matrix somewhere making a connection? Are the pops and kicker and drops on the same line in the matrix? Maybe a transistor on the board? Can you post a pic of the matrix? I forget the original game.
    These gremlins are the hardest to search out, but also the most rewarding when you find them. Keep up the hunt.

So I did a switch test, and all clear there, diode will be my first check after I get it back out on the rotisserie. Here is a picture of the matrix, and it has all new altek bally repro cards, and I'm using the space invaders game play set up. So switches on the altek are set for space invaders. Thank you for chiming in, I'm exhausted with this at the moment.

20230604_090718 (resized).jpg20230604_090718 (resized).jpg20230604_090729 (resized).jpg20230604_090729 (resized).jpg
    #323 10 months ago

I’d start looking on that line for a short, bad diode, or bad capacitor on a switch under the playfield. That A4J2-5 line might have an issue at the board like a bad resistor or something but my guess is on the playfield. Grab some coil (IN4004) and some switch (IN4148) diodes, and some .05 MFD capacitors to swap out any that look suspicious. I wish I was a better tech and could help you with the correct answer, but we’ll figure it out

#324 10 months ago

OK so here we go again back on the rotisserie. It's getting scarier each time I have to do this now, due to the weight of the playfield.

So I pulled all the sound switches back out, removed that wiring completely. New sound card in the works that will actually trigger from a Bally style (alltek) MPU, and play recorded sounds through a wav card. That's in the works thanks to AzureOz.

Started trying to find my ghost that keeps firing odd coils from the wrong switch, that worked fine before. I've ordered a bag of new diodes, because obviously who would order used ones, and I'll switch out a few on the right kicker, the single drop, and maybe the left pop.
    Kicker, and drop are older parts, so I'll start there.

Looking for a reason my lights are back feeding voltage 3.3 vdc, and so far they are a clean path, but I'll keep looking there as well. One of the downfalls of having 3 different voltages on the PF. Next homebrew will be 48vdc, and 5vdc only I hope.

Anyway, just trying to give some news, and I'm working on it. Sucks being able to play it, and really start getting into it, then it go down. We played about 40 games before it went nuts, and kept rebooting before it would start a game.

I purchased power supplies, and a computer setup foe the next build. If you need stuff contact Octomodz at Trident Pinball, he has some amazing skills, and items to get you in the homebrew game.

20230610_162310 (resized).jpg20230610_162310 (resized).jpg20230610_162316 (resized).jpg20230610_162316 (resized).jpg
    #325 10 months ago
    Quoted from MrBigg:

OK so here we go again back on the rotisserie. It's getting scarier each time I have to do this now, due to the weight of the playfield.
    So I pulled all the sound switches back out, removed that wiring completely. New sound card in the works that will actually trigger from a Bally style (alltek) MPU, and play recorded sounds through a wav card. That's in the works thanks to AzureOz.
    Started trying to find my ghost that keeps firing odd coils from the wrong switch, that worked fine before. I've ordered a bag of new diodes, because obviously who would order used ones, and I'll switch out a few on the right kicker, the single drop, and maybe the left pop.
    Kicker, and drop are older parts, so I'll start there.
    Looking for a reason my lights are back feeding voltage 3.3 vdc, and so far they are a clean path, but I'll keep looking there as well. One of the downfalls of having 3 different voltages on the PF. Next homebrew will be 48vdc, and 5vdc only I hope.
    Anyway, just trying to give some news, and I'm working on it. Sucks being able to play it, and really start getting into it, then it go down. We played about 40 games before it went nuts, and kept rebooting before it would start a game.
    I purchased power supplies, and a computer setup foe the next build. If you need stuff contact Octomodz at Trident Pinball, he has some amazing skills, and items to get you in the homebrew game.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Good luck detective Biggs! You will find the issue soon! and so glad to see you already talking about your next homebrew!

1 week later
    #326 10 months ago

Just wanted to give a shout out to all the guys I've been following, watching, and so unbelievably impressed by, building homebrews. This down time being sick, then catching up with work, etc, has been much more bearable because of you all. OctoModz is an absolute genius on any pin he tackles, the Friday the 13th pin is really looking incredible, Overwatch has grabbed me from the start, and I don't even know the game. Obilix head to head is crazy cool, and Haunted cruise is awesome. Azrach is absolutely stunning, Seeing a matrix start to come together, and so many cool pins in all stages of build. I'm honored to even be considered in a class with all of you, and really hope to meet you all somewhere at some point.

I'm in for 2 ideas on my nexthomebrew, and both are very cool to me.
    1) an original theme of time gone wrong called Weird-A-Geddon
    2) BioShock the original video game

Just wanted you all to know how much I've enjoyed your builds, and progress.

#327 10 months ago

There was a pretty cool Bioshock homebrew that hasn't been updated in a while https://poormanspinball.blogspot.com/

#328 10 months ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

There was a pretty cool Bioshock homebrew that hasn't been updated in a while https://poormanspinball.blogspot.com/

That is a very awesome playfield, and representation of the game. It looks very factory made! Wow!
    So guess I'll move on to something different. Thanks for sharing that. Had no idea so many have worked on homebrews. It's quite a larger club than I originally imagined.

#329 9 months ago

Enjoying your build. Way to go!

Was noticing how clean all you playfield cuts are. What tools are you using? Notice a Milwakee jig saw a while back, but are you using a router or plunge router as well? Your round insert cuts look like forstner bits with a hand drill.

#330 9 months ago
    Quoted from JohnnyHomeBrew:

Enjoying your build. Way to go!
    Was noticing how clean all you playfield cuts are. What tools are you using? Notice a Milwakee jig saw a while back, but are you using a router or plunge router as well? Your round insert cuts look like forstner bits with a hand drill.

Forster on my round holes with a backing plate to help with less, or little blowout. Using a jig saw on some, and a cordless finish router on odd shapes with very good bits, and homemade guides.
    Dremel tool with a small, fine deburring bit helps a lot in the little edges.
    Used a little auto putty on the blemishes in the wood as well to help with the over all smoothness of any wood grain, or voids in the wood itself. White wood is pretty good when you buy it though.
    Thanks for the kind words, and a little bit still left to wrap up. Sound card has been the biggest challenge, and a switch matrix issue.

#331 9 months ago
    Quoted from MrBigg:

Just wanted to give a shout out to all the guys I've been following, watching, and so unbelievably impressed by, building homebrews. This down time being sick, then catching up with work, etc, has been much more bearable because of you all. OctoModz is an absolute genius on any pin he tackles, the Friday the 13th pin is really looking incredible, Overwatch has grabbed me from the start, and I don't even know the game. Obilix head to head is crazy cool, and Haunted cruise is awesome. Azrach is absolutely stunning, Seeing a matrix start to come together, and so many cool pins in all stages of build. I'm honored to even be considered in a class with all of you, and really hope to meet you all somewhere at some point.
    I'm in for 2 ideas on my nexthomebrew, and both are very cool to me.
    1) an original theme of time gone wrong called Weird-A-Geddon
    2) BioShock the original video game
    Just wanted you all to know how much I've enjoyed your builds, and progress.

Mr Bigg your combination of kindness and class is unmatched in this world. Glad we are all helping each other out!
    LOVE that you are going for another homebrew and can’t wait to see the path you choose!

#332 9 months ago
    Quoted from DaddyManD:

Mr Bigg your combination of kindness and class is unmatched in this world. Glad we are all helping each other out!
    LOVE that you are going for another homebrew and can’t wait to see the path you choose!

I've learned some things with age.... nobody wants to be around people who discourage, or act better than others.
    I've learned by others winning, that I'm not losing anything, and actually quite the opposite, when I encourage others, it builds myself up as well, and helping each other, and surrounding yourself with other encouraging people is nothing but a win for everyone involved.
    Fortunately I wasn't raised to believe that jealousy was healthy. I love watching you guys accel at these projects, and I get some joy out of it as well.
    I sincerely love these builds, and I'm really enjoying the different approaches you've each taken to get to your desired destination.
    I try to interject little ideas, but ultimately, I like seeing you figure it out, and make your own mistakes. Lord knows I've had some serious bumbles on my first attempt!

#333 9 months ago

Can you do a video with a nice view of the playfield ? (while playing) ?

I love your approach and the result, the last video is a little far from the playfield, i'd love to watch some gameplay on your homebrew.
    For people like me that are faaaaaar away from you.

#334 9 months ago
    Quoted from leeoneil:

Can you do a video with a nice view of the playfield ? (while playing) ?

I love your approach and the result, the last video is a little far from the playfield, i'd love to watch some gameplay on your homebrew.
    For people like me that are faaaaaar away from you.

I'm sorry but at the moment the playfield is out on the rotisserie, and I've had some issues at home, and have not been able to work on it.
    I have a friend helping greatly on a new sound card, and i have some switch issues with the kicker switch firing the left pop, and a single drop firing the center pop. Hopeful can get back to this soon, and thank you for the kind compliment on the build. Still cabinet art to do, and a few small things.

#335 9 months ago

For the pop bumper switch issue, here is some info from pinwiki that might be relevant
    https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern#Pop_Bumper_Randomly_Fires

"5.15.1 Pop Bumper Randomly Fires
    An occasional spurious pop from a pop bumper on these games is normal. This is, somehow, an intentional artifact of the software, attempting to aggressively "debounce". These kick with full strength, but do not score. (This is discussed in the Bally Theory of Operation manual.) However, a failing capacitor on a switch may also cause issues. See the information under the switch capacitor section for additional details.

If the bumper activates whenever the flipper fires, check to make sure the switch is clean and gapped properly."

If you remove the capacitor on the switch that should remove any problems it maybe causing. Downside is without a capacitor across the switch it may sometime get missed during game play. So, removing it to see if the random firing stops will help identify if it is the cap or something else.

#336 9 months ago
    Quoted from AzureOz:

For the pop bumper switch issue, here is some info from pinwiki that might be relevant
    https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern#Pop_Bumper_Randomly_Fires
    "5.15.1 Pop Bumper Randomly Fires
    An occasional spurious pop from a pop bumper on these games is normal. This is, somehow, an intentional artifact of the software, attempting to aggressively "debounce". These kick with full strength, but do not score. (This is discussed in the Bally Theory of Operation manual.) However, a failing capacitor on a switch may also cause issues. See the information under the switch capacitor section for additional details.
    If the bumper activates whenever the flipper fires, check to make sure the switch is clean and gapped properly."
    If you remove the capacitor on the switch that should remove any problems it maybe causing. Downside is without a capacitor across the switch it may sometime get missed during game play. So, removing it to see if the random firing stops will help identify if it is the cap or something else.

That is good info, and will be very helpful. Ty my friend

#337 9 months ago

Simply amazing work. Came up fantastic.
    And AzureOz that sound to Wav adapter is awesome.
    Just caught up on all this great work as about to embark on starting my own retheme/redesign.

#338 9 months ago
    Quoted from Sandman454:

Just caught up on all this great work as about to embark on starting my own retheme/redesign.

Thanks, that sound interface card is only in early prototyping at this stage. Have the prototype card built and have started working on some code to test the hardware on the card. If that all works I will then work on the code to read the sounds from the MPU.

#339 9 months ago
    Quoted from Sandman454:

Simply amazing work. Came up fantastic.

Thank you for the compliment, been a long road. Azure is basically a genius in his own right, and has been very helpful to me. He's the equivalent of the Einstein of pinball/arcade games.

7 months later
    #340 60 days ago

It's been a minute, but I think this is the final post...

It was a year in the making, and what started as a "simple retheme", turned into a full on homebree of sorts.

It's in the house, in the lineup, and now in lakelife magazine. Friends are always blown away that I did this, and honestly, I am too!

Thanks for taking the journey with me, and on to my next... Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde. I have 2 new threads started, as I'm also turning a supersonic into a 2.0 version.

Thanks for all the support!

Screenshot_20231102_173113_Messenger (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231102_173113_Messenger (resized).jpg
    #341 60 days ago

Congratulations! Can you post some more pictures or even a video of the final product?

#342 59 days ago

You MUST gave us a video with a nice view on the playfield, before "closing" this thread !

#343 59 days ago
    Quoted from RonSwanson:

Congratulations! Can you post some more pictures or even a video of the final product?

Yes I'll be glad to post more pics, and some gameplay. I'll try to get it done this weekend.

#344 59 days ago
    Quoted from MrBigg:

It's been a minute, but I think this is the final post...
    It was a year in the making, and what started as a "simple retheme", turned into a full on homebree of sorts.
    It's in the house, in the lineup, and now in lakelife magazine. Friends are always blown away that I did this, and honestly, I am too!
    Thanks for taking the journey with me, and on to my next... Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde. I have 2 new threads started, as I'm also turning a supersonic into a 2.0 version.
    Thanks for all the support!
    [quoted image]

Made it to the magazine…mission accomplished Bigg! You’re a legend! Maybe I can get Overwatch into a mag too (like Suburbs-life hahahaha)

#345 58 days ago
    Quoted from DaddyManD:

Made it to the magazine…mission accomplished Bigg! You’re a legend! Maybe I can get Overwatch into a mag too (like Suburbs-life hahahaha)

Pretty sure I'm no legend, but I do feel very accomplished, and glad to get this experience under my belt before i tackled these next two projects on deck. I always appreciate you, and the encouragement. Pinball is hard, and it can be very tough at times. Our network of guys on here, and on our homebrew discord channel always make the difficult times easier with insight, knowledge, and ideas. I'll get some good pics, and a video or two, and we'll put this darling to bed, as I'm already very deep into Dr. jekyll & Mr. Hyde, and about knee deep into my Supersonic 2.0 project.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement, and boy when I broke that playfield... well you know. We made it through!

2 weeks later
    #346 44 days ago

As requested, here are some final photos in the game room.

This was an incredibly fun/challenging/heartbreaking/rewarding build. So many emotions, so much satisfaction to complete, and play it.
    The next one is clipping along fairly well, and the Supersonic upgrade is slow, but parts are nearly all in.

Hope you enjoyed some, a little, or all of this build, and thank you for taking the journey with me!

20230818_130854 (resized).jpg20230818_130854 (resized).jpg20240309_151805 (resized).jpg20240309_151805 (resized).jpg20240309_151817 (resized).jpg20240309_151817 (resized).jpg20240309_151827 (resized).jpg20240309_151827 (resized).jpg20240309_151844 (resized).jpg20240309_151844 (resized).jpg20240309_151858 (resized).jpg20240309_151858 (resized).jpg20240309_151911 (resized).jpg20240309_151911 (resized).jpg
    #347 44 days ago

Hats off to you sir. Thanks for sharing your experience.

#349 43 days ago

I've been following from the beginning and it's awesome to see you get it done despite that setback you had.

#350 42 days ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I've been following from the beginning and it's awesome to see you get it done despite that setback you had.

Thank you so much for the kind words! That was a hard pill to swallow, and a bigg thanks to my gf who pushed me when I was bummed out, and ready to quit.
    There are so many good people in the homebrew community who encouraged me, and helped build me back up as well.
    The machine is even more special now to me.
    Hopefully my Dr jekyll and mr hyde will be even better, and I'm very excited about my supersonic 2.0 build as well.
    Thanks for sharing the journey with me.

There are 351 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-rain-washes-away-the-game/page/7?hl=daddymand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.