(Topic ID: 79582)

When people think pinball is old/stupid/lame/boring/nerdy...

By Jared

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 151 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dick (resized).jpg
    aliceandfurriesatdc1.jpg
    SC.jpg
    troll toll.jpg
    576px-Early_Pinball.jpg
    IMG_8641.JPG
    IMG_8238.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider karmalord.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#139 10 years ago

I grew up seeing these in 7elevens so it was easy for me to fall back in love once I was old enough to buy one.

Today Pinball is only as good as the designers and the creative input that goes into them. That being said,not much has really changed. Pinball 2000 scared people right back to the old designs which is what we still see today.
    The cabinets are still rectangle with sharp edges and a clunky looking backbox. Could you imagine if cars stayed the same as a 1976 oldsmobile in it's appearance on a car lot today?
    No wonder kids by and large aren't interested. My 10 year old boy does get into it on occasion, and my 19 year old caught right on with my JM when he came to visit,but had to see it from a different perspective to get the attraction.
    They have to understand Pinball is a totally different animal than video games, and there is in fact a skill factor,ruleset,objectives,etc.,and a lot of times that's just too much of a learning curve(as in the case of my 12 year old daughter) to give a damn.

#142 10 years ago

Funny my wife is way more nerdy than I ever could even try to be.
    But when we go out and have a brew and play once in awhile, so she is also the coolest chick I know!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider karmalord.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-people-think-pinball-is-oldstupidlameboringnerdy?tu=karmalord and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.