(Topic ID: 79582)

When people think pinball is old/stupid/lame/boring/nerdy...

By Jared

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 151 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dick (resized).jpg
    aliceandfurriesatdc1.jpg
    SC.jpg
    troll toll.jpg
    576px-Early_Pinball.jpg
    IMG_8641.JPG
    IMG_8238.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ek77.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#99 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Ya know... it really grinds my gears. Typically I would never advise someone to vent frustration online... but man I have hit a limit.
    I have a good client of mine... and I asked if I could keep a pin at their place (I have no more room at the house). Its a Stern Meteor. They said yes to letting me keep it there.
    2 days later I get a phone call from the owner, who says "when are you coming to get this pinball machine" and I said why would you ask that... and he replied "I dont want this old ass shit in here... I thought it was something cool".
    I'm thinking to myself... IT HAS 15 FREAKING DROP TARGETS ITS AWESOME!?!?!?!?!?!!!!
    Its common for interested/curious people to come over to the house to play... and... they just never get it. Even when I explain the rules... modes... purpose... they... they just "try to keep the ball out of the hole". Ugh. Some even walk away mid game... these are friends of mine!!! Boo hiss. Come on now!
    Pinball machines are AWESOME. They are BEAUTIFUL. The old ones... the new ones... the ones with ramps and without... even the wedge heads are cool. They are all awesome in their own way... even Gottlieb Street Fighter. Yeah I said it!
    When someone thinks that pinball is stupid or boring... coincidentally... I tend to start thinking that they are in fact... stupid and boring.
    /rant

Your first mistake is to go in to a long drawn out lecture on rule sets most people just want to have fun with the game let them do so. A pinhead will try and finish the game one who is not a pinhead may just want to trigger a toy or with a early SS keep the ball in play you should not get annoyed by people having fun.

#112 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

A REAL pinball? Wow man. It's as real as it gets man. Don't be a jerk.

You say don't be a jerk but you say the fallowing.

When someone thinks that pinball is stupid or boring... coincidentally... I tend to start thinking that they are in fact... stupid and boring.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ek77.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-people-think-pinball-is-oldstupidlameboringnerdy?tu=ek77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.