(Topic ID: 79582)

When people think pinball is old/stupid/lame/boring/nerdy...

By Jared

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 151 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dick (resized).jpg
    aliceandfurriesatdc1.jpg
    SC.jpg
    troll toll.jpg
    576px-Early_Pinball.jpg
    IMG_8641.JPG
    IMG_8238.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgoett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 10 years ago

My son and daughter's friends come over [17 and 12] and rarely to never play any of them. Really show no interest at all. When I was in my teens, if I had walked into a basement with 12 super nice restored pinballs on free play I would have been in heaven!
    I guess they can't put their phones down long enough to pay attention to a 5 minute game of pinball.
    Maybe it's a generational thing.
    To the op - I would say those people lost any privilege of keeping one of your games. IMHO, "old ass shit" is basically *most* anything before 1969. Only EM's I enjoy are the 70's ones and while not a huge early solid state fan here, playing for bonus and ball time can be a real challenge and fun in it's own right. Not meaning to piss on EM wedgehead guys around here, but most EM guys from that era think DMD is "new ass shit".

Now if someone brought over a 50's or 60's game, fully working and I had the space, I still wouldn't tell them to get this old ass sit out of here. I might play it once a week, but wouldn't be a rude dick about it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgoett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-people-think-pinball-is-oldstupidlameboringnerdy?tu=dgoett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.