(Topic ID: 79582)

When people think pinball is old/stupid/lame/boring/nerdy...

By Jared

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 151 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dick (resized).jpg
    aliceandfurriesatdc1.jpg
    SC.jpg
    troll toll.jpg
    576px-Early_Pinball.jpg
    IMG_8641.JPG
    IMG_8238.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider classic_stern.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

They probably expected a real pinball and you brought in that old thing. If all it features is 15 boring targets and 3 flippers to shoot at them, then I can understand why they wanted it gone. Understand, there's no reason to be rude to you over it. But I wouldn't want that thing around either, even if I had 10000000000 sq feet of space. And yea 1979 is ridiculously old.

Like a new DMD game is real pinball. A bunch of repeating crap and same shots over and over....plus 30-40 minute ball times. Thank god he didn't take a DMD over there. They might of just burned it....LOL!!!!

#138 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Older stuff is harder to get people to play and be interested in. If it was something like an Addams Family or something, I know things would be different. Even I wasn't interested in older stuff, until I've played nearly every DMD made. Once you burn out on those, you expand and are more open minded. But until that point, it's very easy to disregard old stuff.

Some what. When they are fixed up and look and play as nice as a new game they attract players. I have owned about every game from 1975 and newer and I can tell one thing. Most people gravitate to my Solid state games and EM's from 1976 to 1981. You ask the kids what they would actually ride there bike down to the corner store and put a quarter in....I rarely ever get an answer that is a DMD game. All my games are in pristine condition both older and newer.

Just Saturday night I was at a party and everyone was stuck on Joker Poker with 12 other DMD's ...though played not nearly the same. That night changed alot of people's minds on older games. I saw it right in front of my eye's.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider classic_stern.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-people-think-pinball-is-oldstupidlameboringnerdy?tu=classic_stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.