Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by markmon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I have a Coin Taker premium LED non ghosting kit for my Shaq Attaq. (I know... it doubled it's value haha) I've noticed some of the LED's ghost. Is this because of where they're located on the playfield or could they be not non ghosting?

#2 7 years ago

Gottliebs are known for ghosting ... i had a smb and wipeout and useds the best leds and still some ghosting. I also have a wpc 95 pin with rottendog board that ghost some also so im looking to buy a,original board. Its annoying to say the least

#3 7 years ago

Non ghosting leds takes care of led ghosting period. Your issue is more likely a lamp matrix problem such as a diode on backwards/shorted or a transistor board issue on the row or column of the matrix.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Non ghosting leds takes care of led ghosting period. Your issue is more likely a lamp matrix problem such as a diode on backwards/shorted or a transistor board issue on the row or column of the matrix.

My issue or op? Gottlieb system 3s tend to ghost in my experience with them. A original board took care of my issue on my wpc 95 pin

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

My issue or op? Gottlieb system 3s tend to ghost in my experience with them. A original board took care of my issue on my wpc 95 pin

Anyone's issue. Ghosting is caused by the way the lamp matrix is pulsed. Non ghosting bulbs solves this every time completely. There are other times where lights might be lit when they are not suppose to be. This isn't led ghosting but a symptom of a lamp matrix problem which could be board related or have other causes.

#6 7 years ago

Not super sure how bright the led is while ghosting compared to when it's 100% on but when it should be off.... they are about 30%.

#7 7 years ago

Gottlieb System 3 did feature lamps a bit differently. I am not surprised "non ghosting" LED bulbs ghost.

4 weeks later
#8 7 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Gottlieb System 3 did feature lamps a bit differently. I am not surprised "non ghosting" LED bulbs ghost.

Non ghosting bulbs are no problem in gottlieb games. This is not the cause either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 3.95
Electronics
Penny K Pinball
Electronics
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-non-ghosting-leds-ghost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.