Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IE2ZY.gif
    star-trek-016.gif
    kramerPimp.jpg
    BDK_Topper.JPG
    STtoy1.jpg

#1 9 years ago

I'm not against a tasteful mod, but I noticed this on eBay today and thought it was a little much...

STtoy1.jpg

#3 9 years ago

They've been trying to sell that 'custom' machine for a while. Most recently, it looks like they've decided to remove the custom toys and sell them, first as a complete set for $895, then when there were no takers, they've moved to listing them separately. The Bird of Prey itself started at $89 but can now be had for the low, low price of $59. Don't let it get away!!

#4 9 years ago

Is there a pinball machine under all of that crap?????

#5 9 years ago

This is why I hate modding pins.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm not against a tasteful mod, but I noticed this on eBay today and thought it was a little much...

AWESOME! I remember seeing this pic before and I was disappointed I didn't save it. All it needs is some super duper ultra retina burner color changing LEDs under every insert and you have got a sweet machine!

#7 9 years ago

Where does the ball go?

#8 9 years ago

Whew.....
    Thought this post might relate to site moderating.

Oh, about the pin........ Yikes!

#9 9 years ago

I almost posted that myself when I seen it and never did. That's really stupid and just makes the game look awful and unplayable for that matter. If they are just trying to sell mods, it could be done more tastefully and no one is going to pay extra for a game that looks like that mess.

I does however look like that can squeeze a few more ships in there.

#10 9 years ago

Jesus it looks almost as recockulus as LOTR!

#11 9 years ago

Needs one of these:

BDK_Topper.JPG

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Needs one of these:

I would hold out for a life scale statue of Batman to put on top of the pin. That's just too small and not quite gaudy enough.

#13 9 years ago

Imagine transporting that thing with Batman hanging 3 feet off the edge in the back of your truck...

#14 9 years ago

Lol WTF is wrong with people......FFS WTF thats all i can say.

#15 9 years ago

Seriously every time I post that image everyone's like "WHAT, never seen that before!" Yet it was posted months ago...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/and-the-most-hideous-topper-award-goes-to

#16 9 years ago

...and people are complaining about the 2 toys on X-Men?

#17 9 years ago

That’s my machine and those are my ultra rare burger king collectable figurines and spaceships. I think they add character and make my STTNG unique. I’ll admit that sometimes I lose site of the ball when playing, but who cares? This STTNG is about the MODS and my machine is pimped to out to the max.

Where can I get one of those Batmans?

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Seriously every time I post that image everyone's like "WHAT, never seen that before!" Yet it was posted months ago...

I think the reason is dude installed a cloaking device after you posted.
    After ripping all that crap out of the game you would have a hard time finding the original ships that are missing.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMikeD:

That’s my machine and those are my ultra rare burger king collectable figurines and spaceships. I think they add character and make my STTNG unique. I’ll admit that sometimes I lose site of the ball when playing, but who cares? This STTNG is about the MODS and my machine is pimped to out to the max.

Step away from the screwdrivers.....

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Now that is some funny Shat.
    I give it two snaps up.

#21 9 years ago

kramerPimp.jpg

#22 9 years ago

Too Much

#23 9 years ago

Forever Silky.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/and-the-most-hideous-topper-award-goes-to

Best part is it's the same guy.

I don't think the ships look bad....INDIVIDUALLY.....just way too many of them.

#25 9 years ago

less is more in some cases...in this case about 10 less mods would look some much moe betda.

#26 9 years ago

Pins make for very expensive toy boxes.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

This is why I hate modding pins.

Dude thats taken to a new level and I would not call it modding. I call that disgusting.

Quoted from Russo121:

Step away from the screwdrivers.....

Funny!

#28 9 years ago

Those are bash toys - with a hammer....

#29 9 years ago

Hey! If that's what you like...go for it!

star-trek-016.gif

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

Pins make for very expensive toy boxes.

Haha, that's what I was thinking: Looks like the inside of a kid's toy box. Actually this doesn't look much worse than a lot of TZ's that I've seen for sale lately.

#31 9 years ago

When I got my STTNG, the first thing I did was remove the Enterprise mod. I felt it blocked my view of the Neutral Zone. This thing is just fuuuuuuuuuuugly!

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Actually this doesn't look much worse than a lot of TZ's that I've seen for sale lately.

+1

#33 9 years ago

The scale issue between figures and ships is enough to drive me bonkers.

Quoted from smokedog:

Actually this doesn't look much worse than a lot of TZ's that I've seen for sale lately.

+2

#34 9 years ago

Q

Quoted from PinballMikeD:That’s my machine and those are my ultra rare burger king collectable figurines and spaceships.

You had me at Burger King collectible...

Just teasin a little

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Haha, that's what I was thinking: Looks like the inside of a kid's toy box. Actually this doesn't look much worse than a lot of TZ's that I've seen for sale lately.

+ 1 more.

Funny how everyone bags this STTNG when they have heaps of stuff on their own machines.

To each their own ...

There are pics of a modded TOM posted here on Pinside a couple of days ago ... all gold coin door, gold everything ... bit too much gold for my liking. Looks like a jewellery store exploded. But the owner loves it, so thats what matters.

Dave

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah but do you guys/gals agree that no matter what was done as a mod, it is generally ok if it can be reversed? It seems to be pretty important when I read about modding a pin here at pinside and also other places. I'm only 14 months in this great hobby and still learning. It is true though right? Mod carefully so a new owner can go back to original easily?

Thanks,

PBD

#37 9 years ago

Coming soon to A&E: "Pimp your pinball!"

I wonder if they own a TSPP too? Given the huuuuuuuuuge amount of figures available, I am pretty sure they could cover every square inch of the game.

#38 9 years ago

I wish it was a full length shot of the pin so we could see the chrome mud flaps and curb feelers.

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

...and people are complaining about the 2 toys on X-Men?

But the two toys look like Fisher Price had a say so in the design of the pin.

#40 9 years ago

now thats a hardcore star trek fan...

i'd be curious to see his other pins

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zaxxis:

Coming soon to A&E: "Pimp your pinball!"

Yeah, really. I think Xzibit got a hold if it. "Sup dawg, while you were out we put a pinball machine inside your pinball machine so you can play pinball while playing pinball!"

#42 9 years ago

It took me a full 10 seconds to figure out what pin that was, and I just played one a week ago.

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

I wish it was a full length shot of the pin so we could see the chrome mud flaps and curb feelers.

Those will be added after it gets chopped and channeled.

#44 9 years ago

Pinball owners and poor taste seem to go hand in hand.
    Thats why you all wear terrible hawaiian shirts too.

Quoted from Rascal_H:

Yeah, really. I think Xzibit got a hold if it. "Sup dawg, while you were out we put a pinball machine inside your pinball machine so you can play pinball while playing pinball!"

Don't forget the obligatory "built in TV".

#45 9 years ago

I watched this item and all contents the whole way through there ebay stages.
    I think it to be hideous. I do like a couple of the added ships though.
    Talk about way way way way way over done.

Just makes a nice game look gross IMO.

#46 9 years ago

There are a lot of toys on there!

#47 9 years ago

I call them MJM's.

#48 9 years ago

Pinball owners and poor taste seem to go hand in hand.
    Thats why you all wear terrible hawaiian shirts too.

Watch yourself there Sparky!

IE2ZY.gif

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside