Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by trunchbull
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

When do you play your best ?
After a few cups of coffee in the morning or afternoon?
After dinner and work?
6 pack of beer ?
Or does it just varie?
What makes your best score happen?

#2 7 years ago

Either first thing in the morning,
or after about 1.5 beers.

Sometimes, these overlap.......

#3 7 years ago

I used to live above a gym and would take would crank out a game or two while waiting for a dose of NO-Explode to kick in. Right when the tingles began, I would have hands down the best games ever. I don't do that shit no more so I now find my best games are in that small beer-buzz window... You know the one, where you kick ass at pool for 1.5 games?

#4 7 years ago

After twelve tabs of acid and dinner at Taco Bell.

#5 7 years ago

Getting home from college and going at it

#6 7 years ago

when i really need to be leaving the house and going to work, I tend to have my best games.
note to self, A quick game of Lord of the rings just doesn't happen

#7 7 years ago

My best games are when I'm playing alone late at night and no one is there to see me enter my Grand Champion initials and jumping around like an idiot in celebration.

#8 7 years ago

Mine seem to be after 2 cups of Joe in the late morning or 4 to 6 beers deep.. after 6 well not so much anymore but I seem to keep playing and realizing how fast beers go down during the game .. between each ball seems to be a 1/4 to 1/3 a beer each time.. 6 packs go down quick for sure ...

#9 7 years ago

After having a smoke.

#10 7 years ago

Strangely, when I haven't played in awhile. I'll play pinball for a hour every day for a week and not put up one new high score. Then, I'll go out of town for a week. First game back: BOOM! New GC.

#11 7 years ago

Usually when some one is waiting on me, to drive them some where really important.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Usually when some one is waiting on me, to drive them some where really important.

Exactly. When you have to leave and the wife is calling you to get in the car for the 5th time or you are on location and the place is closing in a couple of minutes.

#13 7 years ago

After 4 pints. Sadly I rarely drink these days so don't often peak as a player.

#14 7 years ago

Who smokes and drinks beer while playing ?

#15 7 years ago

It's rude if you don't!

#16 7 years ago

I almost always have a libation while playing.

My best games come after I've warmed up a bit though, which usually takes a few games (like an hour of playing.)

#17 7 years ago

I usually have my best games Saturday or Sunday morning. I'll run downstairs to do something quick like switch over a load of laundry and turn on the game for a play. Occasionally I'll knock out stellar games and improve my GC score.

Or after work and after a smoke or two or three. Just zone out and focus on the game. But if I get burnt out I loose that edge.

#18 7 years ago

I grab a glass of whisky and a beer and i usually get my best games.

#19 7 years ago

If I leave the game alone for 3 months, my first time back will beet the high score, go figure.
JP

#20 7 years ago

When I take the glass off.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Who smokes and drinks beer while playing ?

My Queen of Diamonds has cig holders

#22 7 years ago

After dinner, a short nap, and a small amount of energy drink.

#23 7 years ago

Absolutely after a meeting of the minds with Mary Jane!

#24 7 years ago

I seem to play better when i am stoned on weed just got over 39 million on my Earthshaker

#25 7 years ago

After a few warm up/reset one ball games until I get a good game going. Then I usually do better.

#26 7 years ago

Usually after maintenance and cleaning that has the machine down for a while. Once I get it spruced up and powered up, high scores roll.

#27 7 years ago

The first three games after a shop-job...usually one will be mammoth.

Other games it seems like the first game (perhaps the first game ever on that particular title) is often the best I will have for a whole weekend at a show.

#28 7 years ago

After two beers, and after playing for about 30 minutes. Less booze or less warmup, I play too tight.

After playing for more than about two hours (straight), I notice my skills slipping. Some kind of mental fatigue setting in I suppose.

#29 7 years ago

My best games are usually my practice games while I'm warming up for league or for a tournament. I tend to crank out a GC score, then during league, I can't even reach the replay score! (note to self no more warm up games for me!!) That doesn't seem to work either...if I don't play any warmup games at all I still suck when it comes to league or tourney games. I think for me it is more a matter of when the games "count" for something I play terrible...but practice and just playing I am fine...

Phoebe

#30 7 years ago

Like golf after a few drinks. But there's a tipping point where it all goes to crap in a hurry for both activities lol!

#31 7 years ago

It can be anytime. I had my 3 highest score on Met late afternoon, and best score on Hobbit that night.

#32 7 years ago

Either when I need to kill a few min (and the game lasts 30) or right before bed (I'm tired and play one last game only for it to be the best game ever on that machine)

#33 7 years ago

Man I had a few killer games last night .
But at beer 10 it was done.. haha.
Useless flipper hitting...

#34 7 years ago

Mine are usually when I'm just walking by and spontaneously flip one on to play a quickie.

#35 7 years ago

Three conditions:

* Sober
* Alone
* Have to leave soon

If I have basically two or more drinks, things go downhill.
Any time friends come over, I'm lucky to get one great game that day. Alone I can hit usually a few amazing games in a couple hours.
And the sooner I have to leave, the more likely that game will turn great and last 45 minutes and make me late.

... I mean you can't just turn the machine off during a good game right?

#36 7 years ago

About 2 or 3AM after a couple of Jack and Cokes, or if we're leaving in 5 mins and I have time for just ONE more game..

#37 7 years ago

Played TomCat F-14, love that game and I was killing it on multiball... game makes my hands sweat hahah

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Played TomCat F-14, love that game and I was killing it on multiball... game makes my hands sweat hahah

I agree I own one .. dam game is crazy fast..

#39 7 years ago

I won't even talk to you before coffee. So, after that.

#40 7 years ago

When I don't think about it, or don't over focus, I do very well. But other times (like at a tournament), I sometimes think and strategize too hard, leading to nervousness, then failure. I'm trying to find that mental happy medium, where I don't try so hard, but simultaneously stay "casually focused."

#41 7 years ago

I tend to have a great game after a code update..for example last weekend i loaded a version of Kiss code with custom sounds. My old GC score was like 325mil....I played the new code for about 45 min and put up 450mil. Did the same thing with Metallica after one of the updates a while back.

#42 7 years ago

I play my best just after I've had a few puffs off a fatty; however, if I do more than two or three hits I'm toasted and tend to lunch out to much.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

I agree I own one .. dam game is crazy fast..

LUCKY! I need to pick one up. I feel like a hero when the beacons go off haha

#44 7 years ago

After about 3 cans of coke or midway through my 2nd red bull.

#45 7 years ago

Usually when I say "F this game I'm selling it" (GB I'm looking at you) I miraculously have an awesome game or two. And conversely when I think I'm finally a good pinball player it's drain city. That's what makes it so great.

#46 7 years ago

My best games are when the glass is off

#47 7 years ago

One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer...

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

LUCKY! I need to pick one up. I feel like a hero when the beacons go off haha

Haha.. I know alot of cool going on in there..

#49 7 years ago

When I ...

Install a new mod(color DMD, change sound clips, etc)
Drink a Monster-
have to be somewhere
or when I'm too loud late at night and I tell her one last game before I come to bed(this is a surefire way to have a good game)

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

When I ...
Install a new mod(color DMD, change sound clips, etc)
Drink a Monster-
have to be somewhere
or when I'm too loud late at night and I tell her one last game before I come to bed(this is a surefire way to have a good game)

Haha.. ya been there to...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-is-your-best-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.