(Topic ID: 237278)

When is MBR LE a $12,000 new in box game?

By davej

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by whthrs166
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190415_184241 (resized).jpg
7E19CE75-8F46-443A-9E56-2D7877E8390C (resized).jpeg

#1 5 years ago

Thinking about getting an LE, but should I open it and play the crap out of it. Or pack it away for x number of years, what does x= ?

#2 5 years ago

It is that price when someone is willing to pay it.

You should buy a HUO one and save a bunch of money, and play the crap out of it.

#3 5 years ago

I think those days are over. Open and play the snot out of it.

#4 5 years ago

NIB games have been dropping in value when they hit the secondary market. The market is saturated, and there are plenty of new games to go around. Buying a NIB game as an investment isn't really going to work for the most part these days.

#5 5 years ago

If your into pinball for investments.. your in it for the wrong reason. Play it.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from davej:

Thinking about getting an LE, but should I open it and play the crap out of it. Or pack it away for x number of years, what does x= ?

Inflation could eventually make it a $12000 game but then it really is not worth anywhere near that in today's money value. I would not count on it though because of market saturation and general economic conditions that may occur to affect the price/value of pinball machines. Get games to enjoy them while assuming you will lose some value and be pleasantly surprised when/if something you own ends up going up in value.

#7 5 years ago

2035 is my best estimate provided they stop making them in the next year or so.

#8 5 years ago

Buy a used one and play it. Don’t be that guy with the boxed Star Wars toys in a display case.

#9 5 years ago

Its not gonna go up in price they are making 1250 in just le and unlimited others. Buy one to play bc pinball is not a investment especially now with so many new companies and new pins coming out.

#10 5 years ago

You might be on to something. You just have to wait for all pinball manufacturers to go out of business, and hope that world war III doesn't knock out electricity and that you'll be alive still when that happens. Sounds like a sound investment.

#11 5 years ago

You seem to be a really smart guy...go with your gut on this one

#12 5 years ago

I bought a MMR new in box for $13,500+ Canadian, not including the colour chip, speakers, Cliffys, etc.

I just sold it for $11,000.

You're not going to make any money keeping these games in a box.

Play them. Have fun.

#13 5 years ago

Play it and enjoy it. A CD would have a better guarnateed rate of return and that ain't much.
A BM66LE NIB is another question. Probably could make money on that but they aren't still offering those.

#14 5 years ago

It's a remake and a dime and dozen. Open and enjoy.

#15 5 years ago

It is right now!!! Buy it in usd and sell it 12000 canadain! Other then that probably wont happen.

#16 5 years ago

Buy it, hang onto it, and sell it to me for $5k when the hobby goes through a down cycle.

#17 5 years ago

Thanks everyone. Looks like I’m unboxing a game soon!!

#18 5 years ago

So I opened it!! Thanks for the good advice.

7E19CE75-8F46-443A-9E56-2D7877E8390C (resized).jpeg7E19CE75-8F46-443A-9E56-2D7877E8390C (resized).jpeg
#19 5 years ago

Is this a joke?

Ok, just saw you unboxed, no brainer absolutely gorgeous fun awesome pin!

#20 5 years ago

No kidding. Enjoy it. It's not my fav pin but absolutely gorgeous and fun to play. All star classic. Pointless to keep in ugly brown box.

1 month later
#21 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

NIB games have been dropping in value when they hit the secondary market. The market is saturated, and there are plenty of new games to go around. Buying a NIB game as an investment isn't really going to work for the most part these days.

Not true when buying an LE. That may be true for pro's, premiums, and other non LE's, but there is always collectors in search of LE's everyday abs willing to pay top dollar for those in perfect condition.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from davej:

So I opened it!! Thanks for the good advice.
[quoted image]

Absolutely awesome!!!! Looks like mine!!! I just unboxed mine today and I'm putting Pinstadiums in it tomorrow!!!

20190415_184241 (resized).jpg20190415_184241 (resized).jpg
#23 4 years ago

As someone who flipped a Ghostbusters LE without even getting the game, those days are over and only getting worse. The market is flooded with non stop releases and if Deeproot really does do anything it will only get worse.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrtattooz:

Not true when buying an LE. That may be true for pro's, premiums, and other non LE's, but there is always collectors in search of LE's everyday abs willing to pay top dollar for those in perfect condition.

Especially after 5 to 8 years . Of course it also depends on the game to.

#25 4 years ago

When the game is sold in Australia...

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

As someone who flipped a Ghostbusters LE without even getting the game, those days are over and only getting worse. The market is flooded with non stop releases and if Deeproot really does do anything it will only get worse.

You said it. Nothing special. Any LE over 500 really isn’t rare. Anything over 1000 really isn’t a limited edition as just like AFMr LE’s can still be bought NIB years later. I am hearing they are finally almost to end of supply. With unlimited SE’s available and unlimited vault editions from Stern as long as they sell not really any NIB appreciation anymore. Like Ghost Busters, Star Wars, Hobbit, MmR, Wiz of Oz, Dialed In, AFMr and other new games. You lose money on every new purchase lately when you resell as to many of them out there and trading hands. A lot of MBr’s trading hands on the used markets already. When you take in taxes shipping and mods they are most likely all losing money. Play the game and have fun is the key.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

When the game is sold in Australia...

Go move to the US then you can buy all the games you want in USD, Saying a Game is $12k in Australia means nothing, its probably like saying its 260,000 Thai Dollars or New Caledonia Dollars

They are $8k US plus shipping and convert at .70c to AUD and add 10% Tax

Tax in UK is 17.5% so unless you live in the US, It doesn't Matter

and Canada dollar is similar to AUD

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrtattooz:

Absolutely awesome!!!! Looks like mine!!! I just unboxed mine today and I'm putting Pinstadiums in it tomorrow!!! [quoted image]

DONT do it!!!! Its got enough color!!!! I like exclamations!!!!

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from davej:

If you don't open it and play, what is the point of buying it?

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is this a joke?
Ok, just saw you unboxed, no brainer absolutely gorgeous fun awesome pin!

Exactly. Dont speculate on remakes.

#31 4 years ago

The 12th of never.... It's a remake, open and play the heck out of it, get bored, sell it and buy something else.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-is-mbr-le-a-12000-new-in-box-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.