(Topic ID: 178863)

Cal Extreme, CAX Hotel?? What no block of rooms this year?

By Ericpinballfan

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Vino
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I realized that no dates have been posted for this year's CAL Extreme show in July?
    Any news on this?

#3 2 years ago

Usually abbreviated as "CAX". http://www.caextreme.org/

We are very pleased to officially announce the dates for this year's California Extreme Arcade and Pinball Show. It will be held on July 29-30, 2017 at the same fantastic location - the Hyatt Regency in Santa Clara, California. Please join us for our 21st show with hundreds of your favorite arcade and pinball games, both past and present, all gathered together for another fun-filled weekend of pure arcade excitement for folks of all ages!

We are working on this year’s lineup of seminars, guest speakers, and other arcade-themed events that make the show so much fun each year. On that note, we are looking to you, the arcade community, for suggestions for topics and speakers. Is there something you would like to see presented (or even to present yourself)? This is your chance to let us know what you would like to see! Send us an e-mail at info@caextreme.org and let us know. We welcome all suggestions and will consider each one carefully.

The hotel will start accepting reservations at a later date (another announcement will go out). Please do not contact the hotel until we let you know the block is open as you will not be able to get the special CAX group rate.

Start making your plans, requesting time off work, making reservations by planes, trains, automobiles, and especially trucks to come out and join us for another crazy, arcade-filled weekend!

And be sure to let us know if you're interested in bringing games and/or volunteering to help us out by contacting us at info@caextreme.org. Both are most welcome (and can possibly be worth free admission and/or other goodies!).

Thanks to all of our previous exhibitors and volunteers. We hope we can count on you again, and if you've never brought games or volunteered before, why not give it a try this year? You'll have a great time!

See you at the show!!!

Enjoy!

#4 2 years ago

Same dates as replay/pinburgh. Wtf, not planning on a tournament at cax?

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I realized that no dates have been posted for this year's CAL Extreme show in July?
    Any news on this?

Just got a notification in my e Mail today. July 39 and 30 2017.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Same dates as replay/pinburgh. Wtf, not planning on a tournament at cax?

They usually have a tournament. Why would you assume they don't? The guys at Pinfallible outreach project put it on

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Just got a notification in my e Mail today. July 39 and 30 2017.

July 29 and 30!!!
    Couple weeks later than last year.
    So was the announcement.
    Mark B. always puts on a great show. There will be tournaments as always. Last year it was nice, the tourney was in a upstairs ballroom off the commotion of the main hall.

#8 2 years ago

Most of the people that run the tournament usually will be at ReplayFX/Pinburgh so there's a possibility of no major pinball tournament if no one else can be found to run it.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Troz:

Most of the people that run the tournament usually will be at ReplayFX/Pinburgh

Well yes, a few may be in PA. But, luckily there is Alot of qualified people who run tournaments all year in the area.
    Trust me, there will be tournaments.
    In fact, there will be a few extra mini tourneys this year as well.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Troz:

Most of the people that run the tournament usually will be at ReplayFX/Pinburgh so there's a possibility of no major pinball tournament if no one else can be found to run it.

Hopefully it still gets run then I can enter with a chance lol

#11 2 years ago

Nice to know it's not during comic con this year.

#12 2 years ago

Still weird to have it when over 700 of the worlds best players will be at pinburgh. Will certainly lack any prestige.

The show itself will be unaffected and awesome as usual though.

#13 2 years ago

Trust me, there will be tournaments.
    In fact, there will be a few extra mini tourneys this year as well.

Great to hear! (still bummed that the events collided as such)

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Still weird to have it when over 700 of the worlds best players will be at pinburgh. Will certainly lack any prestige.

That means I have a chance!

1 week later
    #15 2 years ago

Does anyone know of the block room rate starting yet?

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

Does anyone know of the block room rate starting yet?

Not a word. Been checking CAX homepage daily to.

#17 2 years ago

OK,Stadium room,W/Bed&breakfast 4 2=$249.00 pr.nite,2Double beds!! They are going fast!! Hawkmoon will C U all there!!!

#18 2 years ago

We're is the CAX code for rooms?
    When is the email for block of rooms at Hyatt?
    Email from show came Jan 5 last year.
    At this point I'm wondering if it's coming at all.

#19 2 years ago

I'm about ready to book a room just to make sure I have one, and then cancel and rebook when the discounted block comes up.

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from racer_x:

I'm about ready to book a room just to make sure I have one, and then cancel and rebook when the discounted block comes up.

I do this all the time. Works great and you're safe no matter what.

#21 2 years ago

So I'm confused...Is the block of rooms open or not?

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

So I'm confused...Is the block of rooms open or not?

http://www.caextreme.org/hotel_info

#23 2 years ago

Thanks. I saw that but was confused as some are booking rooms.

#24 2 years ago

If memory serves me, the deal at the Hyatt has usually been around $149/night. I've never stayed there as I've usually stayed across the street at the Hilton for under $100/night on multiple occasions.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

If memory serves me, the deal at the Hyatt has usually been around $149/night. I've never stayed there as I've usually stayed across the street at the Hilton for under $100/night on multiple occasions.

Yeah...that's about right. Great deal for the covenience of having pins (and a bar) an elevator ride away. The hotel is generally booked solid with CAX people and a Jehovah's Witness convention, although I don't think they shared the weekend last year.

I always feel self consious walking around in shorts and a T-Shirt while the Jahovah's Witnessees are so nicely dressed.

1 month later
    #26 2 years ago

Any update? Have not seen anything on the web page.

#27 2 years ago

We booked the Hilton across the street months ago. Gave up waiting for a block of rooms at Hyatt.

#28 2 years ago

Might just do that.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Might just do that.

Updated title.
    Where is the Hyatt block of rooms?
    2016 the email was Jan 5, none this year.

#30 2 years ago

I've checked every day since January with no block of rooms announced. I've emailed the CAX info email and never received a response. Booked a room at Hyatt to ensure we had a room and will adjust it later if(when) CAX rates are announced. However it's only a few months away, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

#31 2 years ago

Ive called and talked to a manager more than 2 months ago. The hotel was heavily booked already. Im assuming that there just plain wasnt a block of rooms for us this year.

#32 2 years ago

Hmmmm....the Hyatt has standard rooms for around $350 per night. They must not have many left because they won't even take AAA discounts.

Hilton, across the street, is a hundred a night less w/AAA.

May have to go with Hilton.

1 week later
    #33 2 years ago

Special CAX rates are now posted! Less than half price at $159 per night!!!! Hurry while they last.

#34 2 years ago

Cheapest double bed rooms already full booked. They disappeared in the middle of my reservation. $189 "Stadium View" is still avail.

#35 2 years ago

http://www.caextreme.org/hotel_info

Email is 9 hours old.
    Go quick and King bed for rooms at Hyatt.
    Havent checked hilton.

#36 2 years ago

Sure would have been nice ro get this email a few months back.

#37 2 years ago

Bumping for wake up call in cali.
    Good luck gang.

#38 2 years ago

Sure would have been nice ro get this email a few months back.

I cancelled my reseervation at the Hilton across the street ($269) and booked the Hyatt ($159)

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Cheapest double bed rooms already full booked. They disappeared in the middle of my reservation. $189 "Stadium View" is still avail.

You sure? I just checked and the $159 rooms are still available.

#40 2 years ago

Thats funny nobody knew the dates! I got my room 2 MO.ago,Fireball2 as well!!! Wahoo C U all at CAX!!!!!

#41 2 years ago

Room block still avail bump- just booked!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    MicksPinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 164.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 96.77
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 199.99
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside