(Topic ID: 228368)

When friends, guests show up, which game do they play FIRST

By MK6PIN

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

indianaeyes.gif
    IMG_7981 (resized).JPG
    There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

So 3 times in a row.....once w my Son's Friend, and (2x) hospital execs (all non pinheads).....

All exposed and thrilled w my lineup (you can see in my profile), and all chose FGY as the machine to hit "start" first!!! (kind of surprised me). They ended up playing several machines and loved them all.....just curious as to your experience, and possible theory or a pattern.....is there a machine that always gets the initial attention?

#2 5 years ago

MMR - great attraction mode

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

MMR - great attraction mode

That would make sense...love my FGY, but just scratched my head after they all gravitated to it first.....

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

That would make sense...love my FGY, but just scratched my head after they all gravitated to it first.....

Maybe it's the most familiar popular media to them in the line-up?

#5 5 years ago

I noticed its usually a super popular license or a simpler game that attracts the noobs.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Maybe it's the most familiar popular media to them in the line-up?

That was my best guess.....Hospital exec was drooling on Alien, Kiss, and TRON....I said "just pick one and let's do it"....he said "have to play FGY" (?)...ended up spending most of his time on TAF...just thought it was odd....

#8 5 years ago

TNA. It's the easiest one to understand, people have more fun when they're not just flailing and understand the goals.

Back when I still had it runner up might be Scared Stiff.

#9 5 years ago

Mata Hari is always a hit with non pinheads because it doesn't look too intimidating and the rules are pretty straight forward.

#10 5 years ago

Nonpinheads will gravitate to SW on their own. That's usually not a great experience for someone who doesn't know what they're doing so I'll redirect them to TNA or MMR and get a much better response.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

I noticed its usually a super popular license or a simpler game that attracts the noobs.

gave them credit for playing all of them..definitely some titles are geared for newbs....I warned him about IM and TRON, but he got it quick.....played several games on KISS (knew the songs...keep in mind this guy is VP of heart services)....drooled and played Alien...too intense....was able to settle him in on TAF..pure pinball and easy to get a satisfying game....

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

TNA. It's the easiest one to understand, people have more fun when they're not just flailing and understand the goals.
    Back when I still had it runner up might be Scared Stiff.

I've got to play TNA... read alot of good, but none near me to play....

#13 5 years ago

The game in the middle gets the most attention at home at first (other games in the lineup are in the workshop). Nine Ball is the simplest and "retro." After playing for awhile DH and IJ get more attention as more of the ruleset is understood.

IMG_7981 (resized).JPGIMG_7981 (resized).JPG

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

The game in the middle gets the most attention at home at first (other games in the lineup are in the workshop). Nine Ball the simplest and "retro." After playing for awhile DH and IJ get more attention as more of the ruleset is understood.
    [quoted image]

Makes sense..I think the multi-flipper games (especially Alien) kind of intimidated him.....he did get a nice round of TSPP in though, as that game just lends itself to long ball times

#15 5 years ago

Such a great hobby!!!..nothing makes me happier than seeing newbs enjoying the machines...I never play w them...actually have more fun watching them grasp it after a few basic pointers...

We tend to nitpick to death on the forum, forgetting how awesome they are to people who don't regularly play....

#16 5 years ago

Usually Stellar Wars because it’s the largest of the four I have.

#17 5 years ago

Rob Zombie is almost always the initial favorite (definitely the one that gets the biggest reactions [given, my guests are in the age-range that would gravitate toward RZ]), but Ghostbusters is ultimately the favorite amongst guests with eventual lost interest in RZ (MET was also a favorite, but I traded mine awhile back [do miss it at times, but doubt I'd get another one]). Since Iron Maiden has been here, Ghostbusters is still preferred by guests despite being here for over two years.

My SoF and BK are in a non-common area of the house, so they don't get the initial spotlight to really observe if they'd attract initial attention.

#18 5 years ago

WNBJM for non-pin heads.

#19 5 years ago

ACDC the AFMRLE.

#20 5 years ago

For me it's the 16' ball bowler. All them pinballs and everybody wants to bowl.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

WNBJM for non-pin heads.

almost always.....!!

Second is GB.

#22 5 years ago

CFTBL and Batman66

#23 5 years ago

The guys my age like those two games too!

#24 5 years ago

Austin Powers.

Take it for what it is. Both none and pinhead

When I had haunted house that would be first

#25 5 years ago

Mine is Stikes N Spares and Slugfest. People just flock to the novelty pins. I find they make for the most heated battles.

#26 5 years ago

Always stern star trek LE.

Everyone loves it.

EVERYONE

#27 5 years ago

AC/DC BIBLE followed by WOZ and The Hobbit.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Everyone loves it.

EVERYONE

I don't

#29 5 years ago

Daytona USA Twin.

#30 5 years ago

I think it's awesome how many "mainstream" favorites don't get the first nod to those that don't play often.

Some interesting choices posted so far...

Obviously, I choose titles based on my preference, but to a non player, can be pretty diverse for sure..

#31 5 years ago

Hobbit gets the most love from my guests. Followed by my EM and WOZ. Now that I have F14 Tomcat back, curious to see if that takes over. As for kids, they go straight to the virtual pinball cabinet. Some of them have no idea how to even start a pinball machine (what's a plunger?), but they are comfortable around something more akin to a video game.

#32 5 years ago

For non pinheads RFM, CFTBL, Iron man,and transformers. When pinheads do come over they usually play Mac attack, x files, RZ, and TWD.

#33 5 years ago

ALWAYS.....Baywatch or hook.

#35 5 years ago

Pin wise its TSPP overall its the ball bowler or Skeeball every time.

#36 5 years ago

Ice Cold Beer. I know its not a pin but Ive got about 10 really nice pinballs and even pinball people play ICB when they come over. 2nd in line is probably MET.

#37 5 years ago

I had a halloween party on Saturday, they all played TAFG, however it was the only machine I had out. Counter said it got played 85 times! I should've taken it off free play.

#38 5 years ago

Aerosmith gets played the most by far. Had one of my teenage daughters friends play continuously for hours , even by herself while all others were watching football. Put on 4 player games and played all day totally focused. Poor kid never beat my high scores though. ST Pro is 2nd, but not nearly as much as AS.

JP

#39 5 years ago

TNA for adults, Stern Star Wars for kids.

#40 5 years ago

I'm talking pin Noobs here

#41 5 years ago

At my house, people gravitate towards two pins, Stle for the guys and Woz for the women. It seems to be because they have the brightest attract modes with the color sweeping leds. The ems don’t get a lot of love until you show folks how to start them, then people get into them (not having a green flashing start button doesn’t help, lol!).

#42 5 years ago

Daytona USA 4 seater by a wide margin. I could honestly host parties with just those.

Skeeball is a close runner-up.

For pinball machines MM and TSPP are a close tie for first place.

#43 5 years ago

first: Elvira and the party monsters
    second: The Simpson's pinball party
    Third: Star Trek next Generation.

#44 5 years ago

I only have a large gathering once a year, and the ball bowlers get played pretty much non-stop.
    The Skee Ball gets much attention, and the same with many of the EM Arcades..
    For the pins, multi player:, maybe Grand Prix, (for me J.P.), and the Wedge Heads pretty much all
    gets their share of play..

#45 5 years ago

NGG and AFM, although people really seem to like classic JP because of the dinosaur. I would say after playing it people like WOZ the most. There's just so much to do.

#46 5 years ago

TZ, FGY, and DILE in a line. FGY usually gets the first guest play.

#47 5 years ago

My regular guests usually flock to Pit Stop first.

#48 5 years ago

GOTG and POTC are the top 2 people play, followed by SM

#49 5 years ago

Fish Tales.
    That or Getaway.
    Flintstones but only if they've been here before.

#50 5 years ago

Skee Ball for sure, then Shuffle Alley and then the 2 pins

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-friends-guests-show-up-which-game-do-they-play-first?hl=joey__p__1966 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.