(Topic ID: 233750)

When do you take down your XMas tree and decorations?

By pinwiztom

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by wayner
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

xmas (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

#1 5 years ago

We just took down the tree today.
    We bought it and decorated it the weekend after turkey day,
    (we got one fresh cut from tree farm nearby).
    It was starting to get dry and little brittle.
    Normally we like to leave it up as long as possible, some years until Valentines day.

I also removed/trashed some of the pumpkins we had on the back porch deck from Halloween.
    Looks like the racoons or squirrels ( or heaven help us rats) got to a few of them.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3 5 years ago

Dec 26th. I can't look at it any longer than 1 month

#4 5 years ago

Tree and everything usually come down by new years eve. This year the outdoor decorations stayed up a little longer due to a lot of rain and having to wait for them to dry.

How do you not have a bug problem with leaving those pumpkins out there?

#5 5 years ago

Usually Dec. 26th or a day or two after at the most.

#6 5 years ago

Back in the day I'd sit with the dogs and open our presents on the Orthodox Christmas January 7th.

Then take the tree down before going to work. 8' balsam fir out to be recycled. Antique ornaments packed away with care along with the lights and tinsel. Waiting for next December to make my house look and smell like Christmas again.

LTG : )

#7 5 years ago

We go to the field and cut one down 1st weekend in December and toss it out Jan 1st

#8 5 years ago

Today ..ugh !

#9 5 years ago

Never put them up this year

#10 5 years ago

The 12th day of Christmas, Jan 5th.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

How do you not have a bug problem with leaving those pumpkins out there?

Too cold for most bugs after Halloween.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Too cold for most bugs after Halloween.

Ah!

It's still warm enough here during halloween that the pumpkins rot within a couple days.

#13 5 years ago

Mine is still up. Plan on taking it down after the Super Bowl.

#14 5 years ago

We usually take ours down on the last day of December.

#15 5 years ago

Just took my tree down last night. Kids were sad...

#16 5 years ago

Took it down today as well. Took almost 5hrs for everything, having a beer now. Next year decided to put it up early in November after my bday the 8th. Want to enjoy it more.

#17 5 years ago

Today also

#18 5 years ago

Maybe next week

#19 5 years ago

It comes down on 1/7, the day after Little Christmas.

#21 5 years ago

Last weekend

#22 5 years ago

Didn't put one up.

#23 5 years ago

Lights and tree stay up through Orthodox Christmas

#24 5 years ago

Sometime between Christmas and New Years

#25 5 years ago

Usually btw Xmas and new years, but for some reason the tree is still up and some of the yard decorations are still out. Took the lights off the house and some of the light up mesh-covered lawn decorations, but some of the plastic light up lawn decorations are still out (not lit). Couple other houses still have the house lights up and lit. I'm fine with it, especially the tree. Once it's all down, it's just winter. I suspect the wife plans on having everything down in the next few days tho.

#26 5 years ago

Usually a week after Christmas. With two kids - we’re still putting stuff away.

#27 5 years ago

Mine goes up on the 7th, goes down on the 7th (within a day or 2). Gives us time to actually celebrate Thanksgiving, then survive aftermath for just over a week after Christmas....

#28 5 years ago

We try to make the Epiphany every year, but some years the tree is just too dried out to keep it up that long. This year the tree made it!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H and model S Skee Ball

#29 5 years ago

Xmas tree typically goes down New Year’s Day. House lights come down that weekend.

#30 5 years ago

I put my tree and other decorations up a few days after Thanksgiving and everything comes down a day or two before New Years. Don't want the outdoor decorations up on New years.

xmas (resized).jpgxmas (resized).jpg

#31 5 years ago

1st Saturday after Jan 1

#32 5 years ago

My wife is doing it tonight. Lol

#33 5 years ago

Last weekend. The weather was nice and I didn't want to be caught cursing and freezing my ass off if a cold snap were to come along so down came all the lights on the outside of the house too.

I am already on a roll in 2019. Life is good.

QSS

#34 5 years ago

The day after New Years. We are always excited to put them up on Thanksgiving weekend and always ready for them to come down soon after New Years.

#35 5 years ago

I love Christmas time, but when it’s over, it’s over.
    Always on the 26th. Besides, that things usually a fire hazard by then anyways!

#36 5 years ago

Tree and decorations come down 2 weeks later than we planned, like clockwork. Planned on last weekend. This weekend doesn't look good.

#38 5 years ago

Still up-I think they will stay that way for the year!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-do-you-take-down-your-xmas-tree-and-decorations and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.