Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Max_Badazz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

It seems whenever we have to go somewhere by a certain time I get a really good game going. Maybe it's cause I don't really want to go. Also if we have company over I want them to play instead of me but they talk me into 1 game and I play for a long time.
    On the other hand when I play at any tournaments I couldn't do any worse.

#2 11 years ago

Same here. I beat Corvette for the first time in a quick game while waiting for the steaks to cook on the grill. Ruined 2 good steaks.

#3 11 years ago

Best - when I'm alone with no witnesses and I only have time for a 10 min game.

Worst - when it counts . Tournament play. I must be the king of choking.

#4 11 years ago

I was an hour late for a date because of a particularly good game of Whirlwind once.

#5 11 years ago

i play a lot better when i'm alone, i don't have the pressure of someone waiting for me to lose ma ball.
    and when i have peoples over they want me to explain while i'm playing and i can't, i always lose the balls.

#6 11 years ago

Worst- when Im way too drunk
    Best- when Im way too drunk

#7 11 years ago

I play my best when my wife is pissed off waiting in the car.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I play my best when my wife is pissed off waiting in the car.

I can hear it now!

#9 11 years ago

Best - When the world has dealt me a blow and im pissed off beyond belief.
    Worst - When i 'assume' i'm a pinball god in front of others.

#10 11 years ago

Good..... very first game ever.

Bad....... Next 30-50 games or so.

Best..... Games after that when I've finally figured out the finer points.

#11 11 years ago

I play my best at night, when everyone else is asleep, after a couple of beers.

I play my worst in tourneys.. It's laughable... I'm terrible in tourneys..

-Wes

#12 11 years ago

The wife says during practice for a tournament she does the best but during the tournament the worst.

#13 11 years ago

When I want to play well, I suck and when I don't care I have great games.

#14 11 years ago

If I play bad on one pin I'll try the next one, still bad, try one more and then give up. Some days though you feel you can't do wrong and hard shots aren't that hard. Kind of like shooting pool, some days you can't hardly miss.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

When I want to play well, I suck and when I don't care I have great games.

^^^ this...

it's just like golf for me... the less i care, the better i play...

1 month later
    #16 10 years ago

I have had my best ever games on all of my machines after coming in from having a ciggie outside (not allowed to smoke in the house) and my hands are cold. Maybe I should have a bucket of ice with me for tournament games, as they are invariably my worst ever games. 7m on TAF being a prime example at the LPC recently.

#17 10 years ago

Best - By myself (of course), and when I have some time to actually concentrate and work on planning out my shots

Worst - In tournament head to head play.. I make dumb decisions and frequently brick shots. Also, whenever I'm trying to demonstrate how to play pinball to newbs.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

^^^ this...
    it's just like golf for me... the less i care, the better i play...

+1

I couldn't agree more. That's where the booze comes in.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Worst- when Im way too drunk
    Best- when Im way too drunk

yep

#20 10 years ago

I have some of my best games when the family is there for a get together. They think I'm good, but I'm not. Maybe compared to them I am!

#21 10 years ago

I've had some of my highest scores in the next game played immediately after being eliminated from or completing a tournament.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Good..... very first game ever.

I'm with you 100%. Even better...very first game after not playing for a couple of days! No idea why it works out that way....

Quoted from Replay:

I've had some of my highest scores in the next game played immediately after being eliminated from or completing a tournament.

Glad I'm not the only one with this curse! I had this happen to me at the Michigan Pinball Expo this past year. I didn't do anything close to amazing during Pinbrawl, but while casually playing after I was eliminated I ended up putting initials on three machines. Figures!

#23 10 years ago

I play my absolute worst whenever I enter a tournament (which seems to be the "kiss of death" for several other posters, too).

I play my very best with the playfield glass removed from the game.

#24 10 years ago

I play the best when I only have a short time to play and end up having the game of my life

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-do-you-play-your-best-or-worst and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.