You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

STTNG HIgh.jpg
Captain Jean-Luc Toke.png
28bb1ee93ce9a6127d6db2d262f3c4cc (resized).jpg
IMG_1594 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brad808.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 7 years ago

Sttng demands too much money. Fun layout, great theme, bad rules. Too many exploits and too unbalanced to be a keeper. Traded mine for WPT+cash and haven't looked back.

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

If you think there are exploits, then you don't understand the game. Final Frontier, Borg Multiball, and even maxing out the Super Spinner from several sources are all viable strategies.

Oh I don't? Can you explain to me how a video mode that runs a consistent easy to remember pattern which scores massive points isn't a scoring exploit?

I'm getting deja vu because I feel like I've already done this with you in a couple STTNG threads. The exact same people each time. Some of you people are blinded by "it's the best pin ever made attitude" that you completely ignore just how bad the unbalanced the scoring and strategy actually is. You will literally never play half of the game because it simply isn't worth anything. The risks don't equal the rewards. That's massively unbalanced.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

Oh I don't? Can you explain to me how a video mode that runs a consistent easy to remember pattern which scores massive points isn't a scoring exploit?
I'm getting deja vu because I feel like I've already done this with you in a couple STTNG threads. The exact same people each time. Some of you people are blinded by "it's the best pin ever made attitude" that you completely ignore just how bad the unbalanced the scoring and strategy actually is. You will literally never play half of the game because it simply isn't worth anything. The risks don't equal the rewards. That's massively unbalanced.

Edit: Here we've already gone through this a year ago https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-that-get-stale-fast/page/2#post-2513978

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

159 million is not "massive points" in ST:TNG.

You seem to be forgetting about the artifact you receive that is worth how much? And potentially how much more when you hit FF? All for doing what? Absolutely nothing. 100% zero risk, 209 million reward. Plus much much more when you hit FF billion. Worst of all it's guaranteed every single time. It's the exact same sequence...every...single...time.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

the artifact will pay off in FF (IF you get there, and someone who thinks sttng has "scoring exploits" probably don't get there too much

Come on, it's not hard at all to get to FF. You can get to the wizard mode of the game shooting the exact same shot dead center of the playfield with no obstructions or much risk, what 8 times? Even then you can plunge a bunch of them with start mode. If you don't do that the game plunges directly to the left flipper with a straight shot at it. I can't see how under any circumstances that could ever be considered difficult. At any rate artifacts pay off regardless of getting to FF. Just an absurd amount more when you get to FF. Where hitting shots in modes scores you anywhere in the neighborhood of 5-50 million (give or take), getting to FF with a set gives you 1 BILLION. That's balanced? . I'm not saying you need to hit the ramp 51 times and only shoot for video mode. I'm saying it isn't uncommon at all to hit the video mode at least a couple of times in a game without even trying and get to FF with very minimal work. Anyone that thinks STTNG has rock solid balanced code is super naive or sets the bar of what good code is insanely low. A good portion of the game will never get played because it simply isn't worth anything. I'm fine with whatever scoring strategy people employ. You don't have to call it an exploit if you don't want. If it's coded into the game, it's fair to use. For someone like me that cares more about the code in a game than anything else, having balance issues like that (along with the many others in STTNG) means the game simply can't be called a keeper. Fun while it lasted but once you get to know the in's and out's it loses too much and doesn't stack up well at all with games that have actual good code and scoring.

I realize it's some people's holy grail game but it isn't for me. I get the theme, love it. I get the sounds and lights, love it. I get the layout and shots, love them. In the code department it needs a major overhaul to be worth tying that much money up into (for me). I'll say it again that if it ever got a code redo I'd be first in line.

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We get it, you don't like fun.

haha believe it or not I actually had tons of fun with it when I owned it. Unfortunately that's when I got my first keith johnson game and I saw the light . And to be fair I'm just as hard on a couple of those games where they fall short as much as I love them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 63.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brad808.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-did-sttng-become-5000?tu=brad808 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.