(Topic ID: 208971)

When did Stern stop using lead paint (if they have)?

By volcanolotus

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bonzo442
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E1B72E0E-E3B2-4BD1-A202-5EDA680EEC79 (resized).jpeg
    shreddertgri (resized).jpg
    lead (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider black_knight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

And do you still beat your wife?

Quoted from volcanolotus:

I've also read mixed things about the 21st century

Up late bored and drinking? I don't trust products from China, which have been shown to contain lead, but what is your paranoia about the century we are living in now?

Pinball machines may be considered commercial equipment by the industry, but the US regs defined them as consumer goods, and were covered by the ban -

§1303.1 Scope and application.
    (2)(b) This ban applies to the products in the categories described in paragraph (a) of this section that are manufactured after February 27, 1978, and which are “consumer products” as that term is defined in section 3(a)(1) of the Consumer Product Safety Act. Accordingly, those of the products described above that are customarily produced or distributed for sale to or for use, consumption, or enjoyment of consumers in or around a household, in schools, in recreation, or otherwise are covered by the regulation.

Stern incorporated in 1999 and had purchased Sega which had operated since '95. Although I don't have first hand knowledge, it would have been illegal for them to use lead at any point. I don't think there have been reports of lead in Sterns, so what are you in search of here?

#14 6 years ago

Well Vid’s post was vague and didn’t really say it was used either it’s just a warning to be careful.

You are never going to get a positive answer from someone that really knows since that would be admitting breaking the law.

If you want an answer just buy these and let us know the results -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008BK15PU/ref=mp_s_a_1_3

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider black_knight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-did-stern-stop-using-lead-paint-if-they-have?tu=black_knight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.