Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Chemixtry
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IP_Check_(resized).png
    989f1_(resized).jpg
    mrrobot_(resized).jpg
    Backglass_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider megadeth2600.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from FightNightFZ:

This is suppose to be a fun hobby, a getaway from the rollercoaster of life for many of us.

Quoted from BrianZ:

Too many "Pinheads" are taking pinball far too seriously.

I've been in this habit for 20 years now. Damn, time flies.

Anyway, there are people in this hobby that have only pinball in their life and are quite miserable as a result. As the hobby grows, the probability of people joining pinball discussions on the internet that are 5 beers short of a 6 pack is almost certainly going to be = 1.0.

I've had my run ins with pinball psychopaths ... fortunately, nothing like what you described ever happened to me ... yet .

There was a time at an auction in Columbus where a certain "celebrity" in the pinball community was beating a machine he was selling with a hammer in an attempt to repair it. After it seemed like he was back to normal, I stopped over to say "hi" and he started to scream at me and my wife. I started to crack up laughing ... this only enraged him more. I continued to laugh ... his cast of characters started to walk over. I explained in blunt terms that the screaming pile of filth was clearly a psychopath and we left it at that. I later learned that it was quite common for this said individual to blow his lid for no normal reason.

I had a later run in with the same psychopath at an auction elsewhere ... he was bidding on everything (these were mainly broken down pins and vids) ... a friend and I simply bid prices higher and he was clearly getting angry as nobody there aside from him was interested in the mostly junk games (and this is coming from a cheapskate that "loves" a good project machine ). I think our finest hour was risking a $600 bid on a complete basketcase Ms. Pac Man in a mangled cabinet. He "motherf'ed" us when he got it for $625. That's how vindictive this lame, sad individual gets.

Bottom line is that you'll run into these idiots. Just look on the bright side ... your email account is now secure and you know who to ignore on this site. Moreover, I'm sure people will know who the person was ... that'll make things problematic for that person in the future. Just laugh knowing that the person that did that to you doesn't have much of anything else in life to look forward to.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider megadeth2600.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-did-pinball-get-so-crazy?tu=megadeth2600 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.