(Topic ID: 50250)

When could we see Stern Star Trek pinball?

By StrykersArcade

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

spockzoomin.gif
Trek-Future.jpg
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

A little bird told me August. Just passing on some solid info. for you Trekkies!

#2 10 years ago

May 15th at midnight.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

Guess I'll re title the post

#4 10 years ago

After the LE is sold out

#5 10 years ago

I'm sure it's sold out already as many Distributors have been taking pre-orders for months.

#6 10 years ago

We may see Star Trek before any actual Metallica footage from Stern.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from StrykersArcade:

A little bird told me August. Just passing on some solid info. for you Trekkies!

That would be WAY ahead of what I last heard from a close contact ... This was about a month ago, and they said they would really like to have it out by December, but it's looking more like beginning 2014. SR requested more time to work on the design. It's unlike Stern to actually get THAT far ahead of schedule, although it would be nice.

#8 10 years ago

August time I guess

1 month later
#9 10 years ago

Based on Stern's other pins, when do you think we will get our first look at a prototype cabinet or playfield?

#10 10 years ago

I know they are busting ass and working weekends to fill all the Metallica orders. I say let metallica sell a while. Let Steve build his masterpiece.

#11 10 years ago

September me thinks....

#12 10 years ago

What Joshmx19 said. Stern has to sell games before he releases a new title... Figure the premium Met's will need to sell for a while before Stern releases another SR pic to keep us fixed for an additional month. I'd say not till late August, ST shipping in September

#13 10 years ago

I heard end of year for ST.

#14 10 years ago

I was told Chicago EXPO would be the unveiling of Sterns new game, but I am sure news will leak before then

#15 10 years ago

Hopefully soon as the Metallica shelf life is already meeting an early expiration date.

#16 10 years ago

Metallica is a fun pin it will continue to do well IMO. I've heard one project after Metallica and then SR release of Star Trek. Either way, I would say the earliest we will see Stern ST is late September or some time in October. I can't imagine what they would put in between Metallica and ST but I know I won't be very likely move on something until I see what this ST project is all about. Sorry I just can't do it I am too intrigued to see what SR has in store for us on this one.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Metallica is a fun pin it will continue to do well IMO. I've heard one project after Metallica and then SR release of Star Trek. Either way, I would say the earliest we will see Stern ST is late September or some time in October. I can't imagine what they would put in between Metallica and ST but I know I won't be very likely move on something until I see what this ST project is all about. Sorry I just can't do it I am too intrigued to see what SR has in store for us on this one.

Could it be another Playboy game with all of the FB hints last week? Either way I hope it is later in the year so I can get some scratch saved up. I am really trying to hold off buying a Tron or AC/DC right now just in case ST looks like the real deal.

#18 10 years ago

Well, we know who the designers are at Stern...

SR
Borg
Gomez (retired from designing)
Trudeau (just hired)

I don't see how there can possibly be another pin before Trek. Unless Gomez has been working in secret, but that is doubtful, before Avengers was released it was well known he was working on something.

It seems Trudeau was brought on to replace Gomez in the mix. So, based on all that, I think Trek end of this year, followed by Trudeau's game mid 2014.

#19 10 years ago

Somewhere around here there was the rumor that one designer was doing 2 this year to get to the normal 3/year, covering from Gomez not doing one. Running out of calendar though to get 2 done as I'd assume they'd want the 3rd one shipping before Xmas. Anyway, all rumors so who knows.

#20 10 years ago

Whatever they do, if Ritchie needs more time, I say give him more time. Especially on a pin as monumental as Trek. Don't rush it!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Rabscuttle:

Whatever they do, if Ritchie needs more time, I say give him more time. Especially on a pin as monumental as Trek. Don't rush it!

+1

#22 10 years ago

After walking dead

#23 10 years ago

I think Metallica is going to be the feature game at Stern for at least another six weeks before news of the new machine is made "official". I just have a feeling Stern is only going to do two new machines this year; I'm hoping they do a surprise re-run of something to help as filler since there may only be two games this year.

An LE run of FGY or IM would rock (two games that were appreciated too late and there are not enough of them and they never got LE runs).

#24 10 years ago

I would think the continued demand for Metallica would keep the lines pretty busy with that through August/September (with the occasional build of a few ACDCs and Xmen - my ACDC rolls off the line this week).

I can't imagine they'd take a chance at cooling the current Metallica hype machine with the ST announcement.

Not that we won't keep getting teases on FB, just think the formal announcement won't be until Octoberish...just in time for my birthday!

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I can't imagine what they would put in between Metallica and ST

WNBJM

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

An LE run of FGY or IM would rock (two games that were appreciated too late and there are not enough of them and they never got LE runs).

Would love to see a limited rerun of IM. I'm picking up our Met and ACDC Pros this week but am holding onto enough $$$ to pick up two more pins at some point.

Am trying to keep myself patient enough to see what's next instead of running out and grabbing an XM and something else in the near term.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I would think the continued demand for Metallica would keep the lines pretty busy with that through August/September (with the occasional build of a few ACDCs and Xmen - my ACDC rolls off the line this week).
I can't imagine they'd take a chance at cooling the current Metallica hype machine with the ST announcement.
Not that we won't keep getting teases on FB, just think the formal announcement won't be until Octoberish...just in time for my birthday!

I didn't know they were running AC/DC again?

#28 10 years ago

Any chance they'll do another TSPP or LOTR run?

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Any chance they'll do another TSPP or LOTR run?

+1 for LOTR I'd buy it

#31 10 years ago

What makes you say that?

#32 10 years ago
#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

What makes you say that?

I think when JJP got the rights to Hobbit in the license they negotiated a prohibition of Stern being able to run more LOTR's. If that is correct, LOTR's is now a legal impossibility to be re-run by Stern.

#38 10 years ago

I would guess 'Whoa Nellie Big Juicy Melons'

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, we know who the designers are at Stern...
SR
Borg
Gomez (retired from designing)
Trudeau (just hired)
I don't see how there can possibly be another pin before Trek. Unless Gomez has been working in secret, but that is doubtful, before Avengers was released it was well known he was working on something.
It seems Trudeau was brought on to replace Gomez in the mix. So, based on all that, I think Trek end of this year, followed by Trudeau's game mid 2014.

That's a dream team!!!
You'd think it would be ready for the Chicago Expo in Oct.!
Hope so, anyway!

#40 10 years ago

I hope Walking Dead first, and everyone goes after Star Trek, because I want me a walking dead...

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Ok, this is the ONE possibility that still works with the list of designers I posted. and in the recent Pinball Magazine it seemed Stern was really talking about it, it's just a "when".

#43 10 years ago

Superman will be the pin between Metallica and Star Trek. It will be a retheme of Iron Man. You heard it here first.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Superman will be the pin between Metallica and Star Trek. It will be a retheme of Iron Man. You heard it here first.

Would really like to see it but I suspect (hold the applause) an original theme game where there is no license agreement to hinder an unlimited time run.

#45 10 years ago

How would that work? Wouldn't Borg have been too busy with Metallica to oversee the re-theme of IM? Would someone else be tasked with slapping new art on an existing design?

As someone who wasn't in a position to get an IM when it came out, I'd be all for this because its the kind of game and play field I enjoy the most (even if Superman isn't a favorite theme of mine).

But I'd rather the void between Met and ST (if there truly is one) to be filled with a re-run of IM. I'd be all over that!

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think when JJP got the rights to Hobbit in the license they negotiated a prohibition of Stern being able to run more LOTR's. If that is correct, LOTR's is now a legal impossibility to be re-run by Stern.

Ok, fair enough. But if that is correct, after the hobbit is out for a while, or when there contract ends, this would open the door for stern to renew the lotr contract for a rerun.

All possible if you claim is true. Hope it is.

I already gave up on a possible rerun of lotr cause of licenses, but this opens the door again.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Based on Stern's other pins, when do you think we will get our first look at a prototype cabinet or playfield?

The day before they go on sale.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Would really like to see it but I suspect (hold the applause) an original theme game where there is no license agreement to hinder an unlimited time run.

Your assuming it will be related to the movie?????

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

How would that work? Wouldn't Borg have been too busy with Metallica to oversee the re-theme of IM? Would someone else be tasked with slapping new art on an existing design?

Sure why not? What happened with Shrek?

#50 10 years ago

Sure why not? What happened with Shrek?

Wasn't sure. New enough to the hobby that I didn't know how it works in a situation like that.

I'm all for it, either way, because IM definitely has the kind of layout I enjoy playing. I tend to like the more open play fields with longer shots, if that makes sense. Not sure the official way to describe that type of machine or play field (fan layout?).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-could-we-see-star-trek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.