Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

buried in shit.jpg
    popcorn_eat_good.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wariodolby.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 9 years ago

When someone comes to your home to buy a pinball machine. They play it for over 15min, checks all the boards, lifts the play field and inspects it completely. It works perfectly!! They were satisfied with everything, pays for it, take it home. Now it doesn't work. Calls back demanding me to pay for something that broke in transit. The strange thing is this is the second time this happened with these same people, yet this was the first time I heard anything was wrong with the first sale. Never has this happened before with any other sale I've made. Also, has anyone had the same experience with a buyer who removed a perfectly working machine from your home then demanded money back?

Here is their shake down letter to me.

"I'm going to voice my negative opinion strongly on Craigslist and Pinside because of the Shadow Pinball if you choose not to make it right with us on that board. I await your response to this matter."

I'm not giving them a penny back. Am I right or wrong???

#7 9 years ago

Thank you ! I know I'm right about this.
    FYI He's complaining about the display driver board,how can that work for 30 minutes while he inspected the machine then go bad the minutes he turns it on at home ?

#10 9 years ago

One more interesting fact he was bagging the whole time about how he's bought and sold 76 machines this year.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Only you can answer this.

I have a clear conscience .I sold him a perfect machine.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from boagman:

And then you go and throw the word "perfect" around, when I was fully in your corner. Be *very* careful how you bandy that word about.
    While I still think you're well in the clear, I am absolutely certain that the machine you sold him was *far* from "perfect". It may well have been *exactly* how you represented it, but I don't think that's the word you should choose to use in describing it. That's just asking for trouble, you know?

I won't use the word perfect then,but will say you could play a full game with everything working as it should .

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It would be funny if you Choggared the Choggard.

Just for everyone's curiosity it was not Choggard.
    I won't say who it was but I hope they chime in because everything you guys are saying is what I was trying to get through to them before communication totally broke down.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from boagman:

And I can totally live with that, believing you. You do understand the point I was making though, correct?

Yes boagman,I do understand your point

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from rockotaco1:

As long as you described the game the best you possibly could, and the buyer have you the thumbs up to buy it, once he leaves you don't have any kind of obligation to him anymore. Now what makes a good seller is following up and making sure they are happy though. I mean, you shouldn't have to bend over backwards for them if something goes wrong, but you can certainly give them some helpful advice and even point them in the right direction. Usually point a to point b problems are simple fixes. Once someone decides to threaten you in any way, then the can just screw off though. If he guy is nice then I definitely have no problem working with him should a problem arise.

I spent 20 minutes on the phone with him at my daughters soccer game trouble shooting ,then my phone went dead and I texted him from my wife's phone.Then he called me 3 hours later to demanded "make it right "

#42 9 years ago

I

Quoted from n0s4atu:By the way, if he sent you a formulaic letter, respond to it. I forget what the term is, but a non-response can often times be viewed as a near admission you did something wrong in the eyes of a small claims court. When obviously you are in the right here.

I did respond it might be a little harsh but here is my emails response----

I only do this for a hobby. I don't do it to pay my mortgage. I will not give you any money back, I sold you a perfect working pinball machine. You played the pin and checked it out completely. If you want to embarrass yourself and whine about it, go ahead.

#60 9 years ago

If there was a 5A fuse where a 3/8A should be why wouldn't it have fried the board at my house when it was on for the 30+min while you were looking it over? While I was troubleshooting with you on the phone I told you to lift up the play field to check the cable wires I could hear all the balls come rattling out on to the play field. That just goes hand in hand with the way you pulled out the display on the Mario machine pulling and tugging at all the wires while it was still on. My wife freaked out and I had to clarify to you that I still own this machine, be careful. Can't you just admit that you reset the cable ribbon while it was ON!

#68 9 years ago

OK this is about to turn into a bashing thread which I don't want it to, the purpose of this thread that i started 5 minutes after getting the "make it right" email was to prove my point to thadawkins. My point is made throughout this thread. I've made my point, he's made his. I'll let pinside be the judge. Thanks for all the feedback, I appreciate it. Also, I definitely will not be using the word "perfect" in any further pin descriptions.

#74 9 years ago

PM sent to moderator.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wariodolby.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-a-sale-goes-wrong?tu=Wariodolby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.