Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

buried in shit.jpg
    popcorn_eat_good.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 years ago

waiting for ** The )))shadow _ pinball @@@% machine %%$$ to be posted on every craigslist page in MI to confirm my guess.

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The guy has already turned into a complete DB by demanding satisfaction and making threats.

I agree

The golden rule applied until he turned into a DB.

#53 9 years ago

I bought this Shadow from Wariodolby. There are things that he is saying in his "version" that are not accurate. I bought a BoneBusters from him 8-9 months ago. The machine was running when i got there and I bought it. Got it back to the house and it did not fire up. Ended up selling it for a loss because we couldn't get it running. I didn't ask him for anything from that deal back. His statement above that says yesterday was the first time he heard about it was not true. I have texts from him about how he felt "sorry" that it happened from months ago. Like i said, I didn't ask him for anything on that deal. He had a Shadow that i've been looking for and against my better judgement I made the deal with him. I looked over the machine and it looked good when i got there and played fine. Got it home and the display didn't work. I called and he tried to help me figure out what was wrong, and i appreciated that. I swapped DMD's out after i reseated all of the connectors and still was out. I have a Hurricane that has the same DMD controller board in it so i put that one in and boom the display came on and it was fine. I called him back and told him what was wrong and asked him if he would do anything about it. I did not demand that he pay me anything, just asked him to make it right. I explained to him that if someone buys something from me I make it right, regardless of the issue. He tells me that I am a business and have to do that and he doesn't because he is not. I told him that if he didn't want to do anything that was his choice and we would not be doing any more business together. Come to find out that there was a 5A fuse in the 3/8A fuse holder on the DMD controller board. He told me that the game was perfect. It obviously was not. This morning I decided to move on and not waste my time on saying anything until i saw this post. I have a flawless EBAY rating and have sold to many Pinsiders with no issues. I am done with dealing with this and am looking forward to playing my Shadow with a brand new DMD Controller board. Lesson learned.

#54 9 years ago

Tell craigslist? who the hell is he going to tell on craigslist?

You are not responsible for shit. It's not like you shipped it, he knows exactly what he was buying. If he doesn't know how to fix a non working switch or coil, that's his problem. For all you know. They put the dolly at the top of the stairs and lets it slide all the way down on it's own. Who knows how much slamming around they did with the game.

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from thadawkins:

I bought a BoneBusters from him 8-9 months ago. The machine was running when i got there and I bought it. Got it back to the house and it did not fire up. Ended up selling it for a loss because we couldn't get it running......He had a Shadow that i've been looking for and against my better judgement I made the deal with him.....Come to find out that there was a 5A fuse in the 3/8A fuse holder on the DMD controller board......I am done with dealing with this and am looking forward to playing my Shadow with a brand new DMD Controller board. Lesson learned.

Yep, lesson learned. Maybe he didn't know the DMD controller was overfused. Maybe he bought it that way and got lucky it never died on him. Who knows. The point is the two of you don't sound to be compatible with one another. Move on and be happy that's the only problem you had with the game (at least so far.)

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Yep, lesson learned. Maybe he didn't know the DMD controller was overfused. Maybe he bought it that way and got lucky it never died on him. Who knows. The point is the two of you don't sound to be compatible with one another. Move on and be happy that's the only problem you had with game (at least so far.)

You are absolutely correct. I will move on and enjoy my new game.

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from thadawkins:

He had a Shadow that i've been looking for and against my better judgement I made the deal with him. I looked over the machine and it looked good when i got there and played fine.

OK, so you looked it over and it played fine.

So when you took it, it indeed was in working order.

Quoted from thadawkins:

Got it home and the display didn't work.

So either the display became broken in transit, or it was simply it's time to burn out. They don't last forever.

Quoted from thadawkins:

I explained to him that if someone buys something from me I make it right, regardless of the issue.

You are a business that spams CL constantly with lots of @@@@@@@@@##% pinball ^#@ and other pointless characters that CL expressly forbids.

A private seller, who did not offer any warranty, is not under any obligation to repair a game that you bought in working order.

Quoted from thadawkins:

Come to find out that there was a 5A fuse in the 3/8A fuse holder on the DMD controller board.

I have NEVER bought a used pinball machine that had all correct fuses in it.

Usually 3 or more are incorrect.

You got a nice machine if only a single fuse was wrong!

#58 9 years ago

overfused? that is 100% your fault for not checking it. first thing you do when you get home is pull every fuse and double check it's rating to make sure it's correct. Everyone should be doing this with every used game you purchase.

#59 9 years ago

a "flawless ebay rating" means nothing... there are any number of "businesses" that use ebay that have 100% feedback, and "we" know we wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole...

+1 to vid...

#60 9 years ago

If there was a 5A fuse where a 3/8A should be why wouldn't it have fried the board at my house when it was on for the 30+min while you were looking it over? While I was troubleshooting with you on the phone I told you to lift up the play field to check the cable wires I could hear all the balls come rattling out on to the play field. That just goes hand in hand with the way you pulled out the display on the Mario machine pulling and tugging at all the wires while it was still on. My wife freaked out and I had to clarify to you that I still own this machine, be careful. Can't you just admit that you reset the cable ribbon while it was ON!

#61 9 years ago

On a gottlieb you CANNOT unplug the DMD while the game is on or you fry the GAL (think this is what it's called) chip instantly.

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wariodolby:

If there was a 5A fuse where a 3/8A should be why wouldn't it have fried the board at my house when it was on for the 30+min while you were looking it over? While I was troubleshooting with you on the phone I told you to lift up the play field to check the cable wires I could hear all the balls come rattling out on to the play field. That just goes hand in hand with the way you pulled out the display on the Mario machine pulling and tugging at all the wires while it was still on. My wife freaked out and I had to clarify to you that I still own this machine, be careful. Can't you just admit that you reset the cable ribbon while it was ON!

Like i said already, i am moving on. Lesson learned. I am not a liar and you have already lied in this thread. Actions speak louder than words. Good Bye

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from thadawkins:

Actions speak louder than words.

"I'm going to voice my negative opinion strongly on Craigslist and Pinside because of The Shadow Pinball if you choose not to make it right with us on that board. I await your response to this matter."

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

"I'm going to voice my negative opinion strongly on Craigslist and Pinside because of The Shadow Pinball if you choose not to make it right with us on that board. I await your response to this matter."

yup... i know which user in this exchange that i would choose not to do business with....

#65 9 years ago

So a case of angry flipper threatens a hobbyist? I don't see a lot of sympathy coming from pinside members.

Somebody that buys and sells pins in quantity should at least know wtf they are doing when they look over a machine. They should certainly know how to perform basic troubleshooting (swapping stuff out until it lights up is NOT troubleshooting, by the way).

I'm glad the buyer identified himself. I'd be surprised if a number of people here don't file him in the "don't deal with" category.

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

yup... i know which user in this exchange that i would choose not to do business with....

Yes, @@@@@@@@@##% pinball ^#@ come and buy my pinball machines @@@@@@@@@##% pinball ^#@ I have many to choose from @@@@@@@@@##% pinball ^#@ and arcade ** 60 ###### In 1 cocktail arcade coin op -by owner

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

I'd be surprised if a number of people here don't file him in the "don't deal with" category.

Or in the "glad I am not closer" category

#68 9 years ago

OK this is about to turn into a bashing thread which I don't want it to, the purpose of this thread that i started 5 minutes after getting the "make it right" email was to prove my point to thadawkins. My point is made throughout this thread. I've made my point, he's made his. I'll let pinside be the judge. Thanks for all the feedback, I appreciate it. Also, I definitely will not be using the word "perfect" in any further pin descriptions.

#69 9 years ago

Between the threats of posting on CL and pinside, the way those '@@@@' symbols are used in the above ads, the outright accusing the OP of lying... I think it's safe to say there's someone who has clearly come out in the right here.

Never say perfect, but other than that I see no issues with the seller.

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wariodolby:

OK this is about to turn into a bashing thread which I don't want it to, the purpose of this thread that i started 5 minutes after getting the "make it right" email was to prove my point to thadawkins. My point is made throughout this thread. I've made my point, he's made his. I'll let pinside be the judge. Thanks for all the feedback, I appreciate it. Also, I definitely will not be using the word "perfect" in any further pin descriptions.

Just send a request to close the thread because you resolved the issue and got community feedback.

#72 9 years ago

whenever I buy something locally I consider it as is with no warranty. as others have said you play, you pay, your on your way. after that, its not the sellers problem.

pressure tactics to try to get some free money. .sad

#73 9 years ago

I have done a lot of vintage analog synth repairs and sales over the last decade, and no matter how perfect they were working when they left my house, I would almost always heard something once they reached their destination or perhaps a month or so later.

When buying/selling a device that uses 15+ year old electronics, you are going to run into problems whether you move it or not, especially something as complex as a pinball machine. If you don't understand that concept, then you need to find a new hobby. It is not like the seller put a time-bomb on the DMD to go off the moment you brought it home.

#74 9 years ago

PM sent to moderator.

#75 9 years ago

I just recently bought a lower Congo PF from a Pinsider. Got home, put it in, and had vertical lines in my display. The game wouldn't even boot properly. Called him up and discussed it. He gave me a couple of things to check out and was very helpful. None of the suggestions worked. I went into the backbox and gave a gentle push on all the chips - the programming chip was tenuously seated, and as soon as I pushed on it the lines went away.

The guy didn't have to help me, but he did (even though he didn't have the solution), and it was a problem that had NOTHING to do with what he sold me. I never asked for or demanded "satisfaction" from him, nor would I. That's how two gentlemen do business - you buy it without warranty on an as-is basis. If it doesn't work when it gets home, you fix it or pay someone to do it for you. Tough titty, Smitty....that's the way the hobby works sometimes.

#76 9 years ago

ibtl

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Tell the buyer to pound sand. He played it and payed for it on his satisfactory test run and inspection. Cutoff contact with him, you are not Wal-Mart.

You're right about the Wal Mart comment, in the last few years I owned and played over a hundred games and have had just a few people complain and want some money back on a deal. A lot of buyer remorse out there so just becareful when shipping games.

In your case Mike I think these guys are just trying to scam you out of more money, especially if they have bought and sold over 70 games. I like the tail light warranty but I still wouldn't have a problem going to there house or helping them out on the phone if it was a new guy, but clearly that's not the case here.. If they are doing this they won't be in business long.

Funny how if this game would of been shipped you might look like the bad guy though.. But since they inspected it they are at fault.. IBTL

#78 9 years ago

Maybe if they took a little different tone you would be more apt to help them out. They way they threatened you, I would probably not help them.

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from Choggard:

You're right about the Wal Mart comment, in the last few years I owned and played over a hundred games and have had just a few people complain and want some money back on a deal. A lot of buyer remorse out there so just becareful when shipping games.
    In your case Mike I think these guys are just trying to scam you out of more money, especially if they have bought and sold over 70 games. I like the tail light warranty but I still wouldn't have a problem going to there house or helping them out on the phone if it was a new guy, but clearly that's not the case here.. If they are doing this they won't be in business long.
    Funny how if this game would of been shipped you might look like the bad guy though.. But since they inspected it they are at fault.. IBTL

Ironic, Choggard posting in a thread called "When a sale goes wrong".

#80 9 years ago

You inspected a pinball that was being sold as-is. It was working and you bought it. We've all had games blow up when they hit our basements, it happens. If you don't know how to fix the games, or you would like a warranty, you can buy a game from a dealer and pay a lot more.

Quoted from thadawkins:

The machine was running when i got there and I bought it.

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from thadawkins:

I bought this Shadow from Wariodolby. .

What is your business?

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

If you don't know how to fix the games, or you would like a warranty, you can buy a game from a dealer and pay a lot more.

That's what's so funny.

He IS a dealer, that spams CL constantly.

police force ##% pinball ^#@ MACHINE $1100 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner

arcade ** 60 ### In 1 cocktail arcade coin op $600 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner

pinball shop being opened all free play no coin drop!!!! $5 (bay city mi) pic map video gaming - by owner

space jam pinball machine $1800 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner

----- dr dude pinball ))))))) $1900 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner

$$$ Cue Ball Wizard Pinball @@@ $1500 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner

Maverick Pinball **** coin op ---- $1600 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner

___Hurricane Pinball Machine---- $1550 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner

(((bram stoker's **** dracula ### pinball ((** machine@@@ $3200 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner

#83 9 years ago

Icky. I missed that. The thing with the fuse on the DMD driver board, that's not the reason the display isn't working. In order for the fuse to trigger, something else must have gone wrong. Granted, there may be more damage now because of the fuse, but the game didn't break because it was over fused.

I bought a W?D once, good price, needed a shop, never owned it, whatever. When it got it to my basement, I played one game fine and then the the slots broke. Got all jerky. What it ended up being, every LM339, one each on each reel blew. Replaced them and played it for over a year fine.

Can't figure out why it happened and it never happened again.

Point being, stuff happens. I usually follow up with my sales, and I always help the guy out, but I'm not just handing out money.

Quoted from vid1900:

That's what's so funny.

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's what's so funny.
    Police Force ##% pinball ^#@ MACHINE $1100 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner
    arcade ** 60 ### In 1 cocktail arcade coin op $600 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner
    Pinball Shop being opened all free play no coin drop!!!! $5 (bay city mi) pic map video gaming - by owner
    Space Jam pinball machine $1800 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner
    ----- Dr dude pinball ))))))) $1900 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner
    $$$ Cue Ball Wizard Pinball @@@ $1500 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner
    Maverick Pinball **** coin op ---- $1600 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner
    __Hurricane Pinball Machine---- $1550 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner
    (((bram stoker's **** dracula ### pinball ((** machine@@@ $3200 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner

When I search my CL for pins I always put the @@@###!!!! so I know I'm get the best sellers. This is the digital equivalent of the car dealership with the blowup gorilla in the front.

#85 9 years ago

Why do they stick the symbolds in their ads? Not seeing the point of it.

#86 9 years ago

the point is it does nothing for search engines lol. the dollar signs probably guide people away

#87 9 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Why do they stick the symbolds in their ads? Not seeing the point of it.

So you know never to click on those ads.

CL says do not use pointless symbols, all caps, profanity.....

#88 9 years ago

I have no tolerance for bullies. This is supposed to be a pinball community website where we can all help each other out. I have loved pinball nice I can remember and still have a lot to learn. I have had more experienced people try to take advantage of me and some that have taught me a lot and been cool. You do not owe this guy a thing. Fuses don't last forever. If it was working and he was satisfied when he left, then you are good. I had a guy buy an arcade from me and he said when he got home it didn't work. Come to find out he dropped it. You never know what happens once it leaves your possession.

#89 9 years ago

Closing by OP request.

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-a-sale-goes-wrong/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.