5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by davewth
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-80.jpg

#1 5 years ago

The game in question in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-a-sale-goes-wrong

Is now officially the most expensive Shadow on the planet at $3600 !!!

"
    One little broken plastic decal on the upper playfield that's it! Price is firm for now this but would consider a trade only for a pinball machine, thank you

"

And with only one broken plastic, that price screams DEAL !!!@@@@+++++++++++++

They also have a TMNT posted as:

++teenage ++ mutant ++ ninja ++ turtles pinball ++ $2450 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner

(You know how lots of extra characters project a professional image of a business....)

#2 5 years ago

They couldn't put all those characters there if it wasn't good. Wish I was closer.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from bam10:

Wish I was closer.

You are only missing CL SPAM at it's worst.

#4 5 years ago

If it is "or offer" I will pay $3900!!

#6 5 years ago

I'm sure it's been thoroughly "shopped", and it's got the new video board now too!

#7 5 years ago

Does it come with a spare 5A fuse? If so, this screams deal!!!@@@@@@+++++++++++

#8 5 years ago

TMNT over $2k? I was under the impression that was a $1500 machine. Is the upcoming movie really doing this to the TMNT market?

#9 5 years ago

Wait. Didn't he say he was going to stop and "enjoy" his Shadow. By "enjoy" does he mean "flip" for an outrageous price? The balls on some people.

#10 5 years ago

Déjà vu all over again

#11 5 years ago

I want to reach out and appoligize to you MI guys. I just reviewed your local CL. Again I'm sorry and hope some of these deadbeat sellers go away. We only have 1 CL spammer here in Eastern Iowa. Hard to get deals for your collection when you got those unemployed flippers/want-a-be dealers watching CL 24/7.

#12 5 years ago

Michigan is full of CL 24/7 watchers like you wouldn't believe. Some of them even do it while at work of all places.

#13 5 years ago

Most expensive Shadow? You might want to check Ebay.

I know it can be hard to refuse cash waved in one's face, but there are some people I will not sell to at any price.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Some of them even do it while at work of all places.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Michigan is full of CL 24/7 watchers like you wouldn't believe. Some of them even do it while at work of all places.

There are apps that do that for you. I gave up on that game after 1 week of trying. I was once beaten to the punch even though I called within 30 minutes and lived 5 minutes away.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

My new job has CL blocked. I'm in IT and could get around it but it's for the best. I have the CL app but not in the market to buy. Addams needs some tlc and summer daycare kills the funds. I will pass new deals over to different outlets if it's a killer deal.

#17 5 years ago

Oh and his 100% positive feedback only one of those is for a pinball machine, a $1600 D&D.

Edit: And his 100% actually includes a few negative feedbacks. Apparently eBay only counts the last 12 months?

#18 5 years ago

All I need to see is @@@+++++ (Bay City) and I know not to waste my time clicking on there ad.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Quoted from nosro:

Most expensive Shadow? You might want to check Ebay.

Or come to Chattanooga:

http://choochooarcades.com/Pinball/Pre-Owned/Thw-Shadow-Pinball-Machine.aspx

Granted, I've worked with the owner before on a pin and he's a nice guy, but their posted retail prices always scare me. I have to shop from the back corners for the pins that have been on fire instead. lol

#20 5 years ago

I do have to say thatnk you to the bay city boys ,if it wasn't for the sale of the shadow I wouldnt have the runner up to my holy grail (funhouse)in the back if my truck

image-80.jpg
    #21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wariodolby:

I do have to say thatnk you to the bay city boys ,if it wasn't for the sale of The Shadow I wouldnt have the runner up to my holy grail (Funhouse)in the back if my truck

image-80.jpg 239 KB

Congratz and welcome to the club. I love mine and will never get rid of it.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

TMNT over $2k? I was under the impression that was a $1500 machine.

$1500? More like $1200 if the seller is lucky.

#23 5 years ago

!!@@##Hurricane Pinball Machine##$$%%
    **## no fear **((&& pinball machine
    ** space jam (( pinball @@ machine **((
    ((** police @@ force *** pinball @@@ machine___
    ## Cue Ball Wizard Pinball coin operated for sale *())
    arcade coin ### op !! 60 in one #### cocktail
    $#!@space jam Pinball!@#$%^ -
    _maverick *((( pinball #@

Maybe someone could decipher the code??

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

!!@@##Hurricane Pinball Machine##$$%%
    **## No Fear **((&& pinball machine
    ** Space Jam (( pinball @@ machine **((
    ((** police @@ force *** pinball @@@ machine___
    ## Cue Ball Wizard Pinball coin operated for sale *())
    arcade coin ### op !! 60 in one #### cocktail
    $#!@Space Jam Pinball!@#$%^ -
    maverick *((( pinball #@
    Maybe someone could decipher the code??

All kidding aside, I would probably jump on that Hurricane for the kids. (pending condition)

#25 5 years ago

Has anyone said what all those symbols are for? Is it so the seller can spam CL and just change up the symbols so CL allows multiple postings?

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The game in question in this thread:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-a-sale-goes-wrong
    "
    One little broken plastic decal on the upper playfield that's it! Price is firm for now this but would consider a trade only for a pinball machine, thank you
    "
    And with only one broken plastic, that price screams DEAL !!!@@@@+++++++++++++
    They also have a TMNT posted as:
    ++teenage ++ mutant ++ ninja ++ turtles pinball ++ $2450 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner
    (You know how lots of extra characters project a professional image of a business....)

Actually had someone try to give me a deal on a shadow at 4100 once. Haha. I don't think that it is the most expensive on the planet

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

Actually had someone try to give me a deal on a Shadow at 4100 once.

I mean, if the game was clearcoated and fully restored, sure you could see $4-5k, especially if it was a HEP or something...

#28 5 years ago

***((lethal ***weapon**))pinball machine** $1600 (bay city) pic map video gaming

**** williams **** police force *** Pinball *** Machine@@@ $1100 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner

It never ends

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Has anyone said what all those symbols are for? Is it so the seller can spam CL and just change up the symbols so CL allows multiple postings?

I'm curious about this as well. Some people create clever ascii art ❚█══█❚ which I actually appreciate, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Some people do it to attract attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, which seems to be the case here, but that is usually done without +!@)#$( obstructing *^&%?< the *!@T^main(*#$#)($#^&@) text!^@*&!^#*!#.

Is there something I'm missing here?

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I mean, if the game was clearcoated and fully restored, sure you could see $4-5k, especially if it was a HEP or something...

It was not. Just a cleaned up route game.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from nosro:

I'm curious about this as well. Some people create clever ascii art ❚█══█❚ which I actually appreciate, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Some people do it to attract attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, which seems to be the case here, but that is usually done without +!@)#$( obstructing *^&%?< the *!@T^main(*#$#)($#^&@) text!^@*&!^#*!#.
    Is there something I'm missing here?

CL traps for multiple postings of the same listing, and the crazy ASCII additions is one of the ways to try and avoid being auto-flagged by the CL system. I'm sure they're also using a proxy when they post to avoid getting their IP banned. If you Google "craigslist ghosting" you'll find all kinds of posts from people sharing ways to subvert the system.

#32 5 years ago

$$$$ guns n roses^^^ Pinball @@ Machine (((**** $6500 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner

$$$$ the***** shadow**** pinball $$$ machine*** $3600 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

$$$$ Guns n Roses^^^ Pinball @@ Machine (((**** $6500 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner
    $$$$ the***** Shadow**** pinball $$$ machine*** $3600 (bay city) pic map video gaming - by owner

And this is that Hawkins pinsider? Just for my records.

#34 5 years ago

thadawkins

#35 5 years ago

"L@@K" always lassos me in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 234.99
    $ 89.99
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 100.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 44.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Forever
    € 159.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    FlipperLED

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside