(Topic ID: 156112)

When a noob beats your high score, in your house

By PanaPinResto

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I'm no pro pinball player, I'm barely an amateur. I do play at least 1-2 games every day and usually more. I've also had a working pin in my house for the last 8 years. Currently it's a fully restored Pinbot. My high score may not break any records but I was proud of it.
    5.9 million has been my personal best to date and I'm grand champion on my machine.
    We had a dinner party Saturday night and everyone loved playing the pin. No one had played since the late 80's. All of them were flailing away at the flippers without a skill in sight. I never gave my high score a thought. Until I hear the knocker going crazy. That noob SOB beat my high score without even knowing the rules. And he hadn't played in 30 years!
    Grrrrrrrr! How am I supposed to get any work done now?

#2 8 years ago

The guy I bought my Getaway from, (his only pin) was helping me unload it and asked to play my SM. He then proceeded to rack up 21 back to back L-R ramp combos. He quickly drained after that but, man, he had the ramp timing down. That was 5 years ago and I still haven't been able to beat it.

#3 8 years ago

All part of the randomness of the Silver Ball. Frustratingly Fun!

They must have got all multipliers, and most or all of the Planets. How many Extra Balls did they win?

#4 8 years ago

He could have also just happened to get the big jackpot if it wasn't collected in a while. I don't remember what it taps out at but that is several million right there.

#5 8 years ago

Time to change the batteries power off

#6 8 years ago

I find that I tend to rack up pretty decent scores on new games until I learn the rules. Once I begin to aim for shots and develop a strategy, it goes out the window.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I find that I tend to rack up pretty decent scores on new games until I learn the rules. Once I begin to aim for shots and develop a strategy, it goes out the window.

I find the same thing. After getting multiball on Pinbot scores are doubled and the jackpots are available. I can't bring myself to slap the ball around. I go for the big money shots and then drain.

#8 8 years ago

It happens. I was at my first Expo years ago... I played AFM for the first time 5.5Billion.

Other than blasting the heck out of the ship... I don't know WHAT I did.... not repeated
    faz

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-a-noob-beats-your-high-score-in-your-house and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.