(Topic ID: 7203)

When a LOTR and a Tron love each other very much...

By jarjarisgod

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-1.jpeg
DSC00412.JPG
DSC00411.JPG
DSC00409.JPG
DSC00408.JPG
DSC00410.JPG
#1 12 years ago

They make an IJ!

DSC00410.JPGDSC00410.JPG DSC00408.JPGDSC00408.JPG DSC00409.JPGDSC00409.JPG

Thanks to TG I've added my first Williams pin to my collection. It was a bit of a leap of faith since I'd never played it before... But I'm loving it so far!

One of the best parts of buying it was getting to meet TG. He's a great guy and the first person I've ever met who reads Greg Iles books. Pretty cool to finally talk to someone who knows who he is! TG was gracious enough to bring his IJ all the way from Des Moines to my place in Madison, since he needed to come to Madison to pick up his SM anyway. Very cool! I'm looking forward to winning his fully shopped SM at next year's Toad Valley Pinsider get together (sorry Nimble).

#2 12 years ago

VERY nice lineup, pictures look nice and crisp too

I should take some proper pics of mine someday again...

My buddy has a TRON LE, going to play it a bunch tonight actually, awesome game. Halloween party time!!!!!!!!

#3 12 years ago

They look very nice together, jarjar. I hope to add one to my collection one of these days.

#4 12 years ago

Can't wait to meet you TG next year. Congrats JarJar.

#5 12 years ago

They look absolutely sweet together jarjar. Congrats!! I just love that Tron topper really adds to the look of the machine very well played my friend.

#6 12 years ago

They look great together.

#7 12 years ago

Looks great

IJ about the only big title I have never played so do not know whether to put it on wishlist!

#8 12 years ago

Go big or go home, right? Where is the WOZ going to go?

#9 12 years ago

Looking awesome jarjar! Congrats!

#10 12 years ago

Nice collection

#11 12 years ago

Go big or go home, right? Where is the WOZ going to go?

Excellent question. I've done a slight bit of rearranging since you were here in August. When I take a couple steps back and snap some pics you should be able to see WOZ's future home. It'll go right next to Lost and the table that sits there now will move behind Lost/WOZ. The couch that is currently behind Lost will go to Ben's shop. Who needs furniture when you've got pins!

DSC00411.JPGDSC00411.JPG DSC00412.JPGDSC00412.JPG

#12 12 years ago

looks like a fun collection. i like the under-cabinet light additions. great style

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

IJ about the only big title I have never played so do not know whether to put it on wishlist!

I'd say go for it! Looking at the pins currently in your collection I enjoy all of them a great deal (except for Fish Tales which I have never played). Assuming that means we have similar taste in pins, I would say the odds are very good that you would be very happy adding an IJ to your collection.

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I just love that Tron topper really adds to the look of the machine very well played my friend.

Thanks TDA! I was really pleased with how the topper worked out. When I was at Pinball Life during Expo, the company that makes them was there with a whole bunch of toppers for other machines that they've made. One of my friends got one for his CFTBL and another got one for his STTNG. They look fantastic. The one for Transformers was cool too. Half purple and half crimson just like the machine.

#14 12 years ago

@jarjar, I thought the name Greg Iles sounded familiar to me so I went digging through my box o books and found The Footprints of God. If memory serves I picked it up in an airport book shop when I couldn't find a Koontz title I didn't have already. Hes pretty out there, like Koontz. I Don't know why I didn't search out more of his stuff. I set it by the night stand and going to give it a re read. Thanks for bringing his name up, looks like i'm going to have some fresh content to read.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from ssathre:

@jarjar, I though that the name Greg Iles sounded familiar to me so I went digging through my box o books and found The Footprints of God. If memory serves I picked it up in an airport book shop when I couldn't find a Koontz title I didn't have already. Hes pretty out there, like Koontz. I Don't know why I didn't search out more of his stuff. I set it by the night stand and going to give it a re read. Thanks for bringing his name up, looks like i'm going to have some fresh content to read.

Very cool! Yes, "The Footprints of God" is a pretty crazy book (one of his more out there plots), but I still enjoyed it a great deal. If you like it let me know and I can give you some other recommendations of books of his to check out.

I should check out some Koontz sometime. Any recommendations on where to start with him?

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I should check out some Koontz sometime. Any recommendations on where to start with him?

"Mr. Murder" is the first of his I read and the one that got me hooked."Intensity" was one that I read in one night and just creeped me out. It was also another one of his books that got turned into a tv movie and did it no justice.

If your interested shoot me a PM and I can send you a few to check out.

#17 12 years ago

That's a great lineup jarjar!!

#18 12 years ago

Looks great jarjar.

#19 12 years ago

Glad you got it. Lemme know when i can play it!

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from ssathre:

Any recommendations on where to start with him?

The Frankenstein series is great...

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

The Frankenstein series is great...

I have not read that yet! guess I got to get them as well. just saw that they are making odd thomas into a movie and dean is actually pleased with the script.

ok so I don't totally hijack this thread... I don't even have my JD yet and I want to add a Indy to the lineup really bad. alas, I just wrote a 3k check to the plumber this morning so that will have to wait till early next year.

#22 12 years ago

Very Nice jarjar!

#23 12 years ago

The pictures actually give your set up justice! Though it was still better in person.

Can't wait to steal away again and play your WOZ someday!

#24 12 years ago

I like the plant crammed into the corner.

#25 12 years ago

Congrats on the pickup Mr. Binks!
IJ definitely looks good amongst those two.
Alas, since I have one fairly close to play at D- I probably will never feel the need to own one.
Have fun with your first Williams widebody!
It looks like you will eventually have to move out...
That, or pull the ol' "Japanese apartment" crammaroo YouTube vid.

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

He lives three miles down the road from me. If he runs out of run there, i'll gladly let him store them in my basement until he finds a bigger place. I easily have room for ten-fifteen more right now.

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I like the plant crammed into the corner.

He he he! I was wondering if anyone would comment on that.

Quoted from NimblePin:

That, or pull the ol' "Japanese apartment" crammaroo YouTube vid.

Well I was talking to a guy who appraises houses last night RE: buying a house next year. So we'll see. I'm buying all my pins now, because once I have a house I won't be able to.

Quoted from The_Gorilla:

The pictures actually give your set up justice! Though it was still better in person.

Can't wait to steal away again and play your WOZ someday!

You bet! You've got a standing invitation anytime you're in town. Have you jumped into cleaning up SM yet?

Quoted from davewtf:

Glad you got it. Lemme know when i can play it!

Heck yeah! We still gotta get your son over here too, so he can check out Tron. Sounds like I'm going to have to swing by your place to play JD and TZ too!

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

He lives three miles down the road from me. If he runs out of run there, i'll gladly let him store them in my basement until he finds a bigger place. I easily have room for ten-fifteen more right now.

Hmmm... That's an interesting proposition.

No! Must... stop... buying... PINS!!!

#29 12 years ago

I wish I lived closer to TG. He's turning into the Midwest's version of B_R.

#30 12 years ago

He's turning into the Midwest's version of B_R.

Now I know what to get TG for Christmas!

images-1.jpegimages-1.jpeg

#31 12 years ago

I wish I lived closer to TG. He's turning into the Midwest's version of B_R.

No kidding! He was at my place dropping off IJ at noon yesterday and by early evening he was signing off on the Congo shipment. Two sales in one day! He be wheelin' and dealin'!

#32 12 years ago

He's turning into the Midwest's version of B_R.

Oy

I tire just thinking about that guys schedule.

#33 12 years ago

Though I do have my eye on 2 near Aurora IL.... hahahah

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Hmmm... That's an interesting proposition.
No! Must... stop... buying... PINS!!!

my offer stands... as long as they work and i can play them!

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

my offer stands... as long as they work and i can play them!

I'll definitely keep this idea in the back of mind. Just the fact that I'm considering this probably means I'm a little too addicted to pinball and should seek out help immediately.

#36 12 years ago

Well, I certainly wouldn't seek help here!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
12,500 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,000 (OBO)
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-a-lotr-and-a-tron-love-each-other-very-much and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.